WTB Legit XP Pro x86 0r 64-bit

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

Latency

WTB Legit XP Pro x86 0r 64-bit

Post by Latency »

I have a friend that is really trying to buy a system on a budget and i wanna save her some money on the OS. She's not the kind that knows how to crack WGA so I wanna get her a legit version for simplicity. I know many of you upgraded to Vista so with that said, do you guys have those copies of XP playing around? I'd be willing to buy it for a fair price. needs to be Pro though. Thanks :)
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
r337ard

Re: WTB Legit XP Pro x86 0r 64-bit

Post by r337ard »

Vista is really easy to crack, updates and everything work fine too :)
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Latency

Post by Latency »

Yeah, I know. I went back to XP after a whole whack of blue screens with Vista. I've just had such a hard time recommending Vista when all I've noticed is double the hard drive space for the install, sluggish interface, superfetch, program incompatibility, and blue screens. I will probably embrace Windows 7 if they speed things up like they say. Besides, it's a small business PC too .... and everything legit makes me feel better ... and all of her existing software is guaranteed to work with XP. ANyways, I'm not gonna respond to any Vista vs XP replies. I just need XP Pro.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
cide

Post by cide »

I can help you out,

I work IT, and am MSDN-subscribed, Have a spare few keys.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

So if its legit, and I asuume you're going to charge 'her' for it.
MSDN sharing of keys is not legit.

MemEx sell's XP OEM's still, you just buy a molex connector with it and done.
Legit and all stickers and media.
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

You can also downgrade from Vista Business if you can get that cheaper / easier.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Latency

Post by Latency »

JohnyRico wrote:So if its legit, and I asuume you're going to charge 'her' for it.
MSDN sharing of keys is not legit.

MemEx sell's XP OEM's still, you just buy a molex connector with it and done.
Legit and all stickers and media.
I know but it's still $160. Someone here will have a copy I'm sure.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/P ... 5(ME).aspx
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Who is it for, I took away from your description "small business" so what a 1 person shop? I sold it to 1 person businesses they have no problem paying it is a write off for them anyways.

If it isn't for a "business" then take the msdn offer above.
Latency

Post by Latency »

Yes, a one person deal. But you know as much as I do, some people are just plain cheap when it comes to PC's. I would rather get her better hardware by saving the $160.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

cheap people... who won't pay what it is priced everywhere, are not worth the time. I just point them to where it is to be purchase and bow out of the software transaction altogether.

You end up spending more time finding the deal and obtaining the deal, than it is worth, and try billing that time back.
Its nice, to be nice and do this for people. But I have given up doing this kind of work, I give them the price like memex's price plus 10%-15% (My time to go get it, and deliver it to the busniess/person buying it) or I let them know where they can buy it and they save 10%-15%

This is not a past time, your time is now worth something when in business. You should be maximizing it, in order to do 3 day or 4 day work weeks, not spending your free time you made available as free time, hunting down bargains.

That is my take on how to do it, but you may feel different, and that is ok, but so you know where I am coming from and my reasoning. :)
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

JohnyRico wrote:cheap people... who won't pay what it is priced everywhere, are not worth the time. I just point them to where it is to be purchase and bow out of the software transaction altogether.

You end up spending more time finding the deal and obtaining the deal, than it is worth, and try billing that time back.
Its nice, to be nice and do this for people. But I have given up doing this kind of work, I give them the price like memex's price plus 10%-15% (My time to go get it, and deliver it to the busniess/person buying it) or I let them know where they can buy it and they save 10%-15%

This is not a past time, your time is now worth something when in business. You should be maximizing it, in order to do 3 day or 4 day work weeks, not spending your free time you made available as free time, hunting down bargains.

That is my take on how to do it, but you may feel different, and that is ok, but so you know where I am coming from and my reasoning. :)
I totally agree. As a matter of fact when dealing with 1 person shops or home users I even recommend Dell .... 24/7 support and it comes prebuilt. I really do nothing but make sure it has all the updates and add any software that isnt offered by Dell but I charge for that time as well ... outside the cost of the computer. Since we are premier partners we save the customer about 5-10% on systems/compnents yet we charge about 5-10% over our cost so we make a bit of money on the hardware to cover our time and it helps maximize our billable hours.

JR is totally right ... maximze your time. This isnt a hobby anymore and you have to stand firm. We ask our customers what is in your budget ... give us a range and we will maximize the use of that budget. We even suggest setting up service level agreements min: 3 hours per month for those chinsey types and a new system is a way to use up about an hour of it. IF you have to install it onsite for them then that is min. 2 hours. Something to consider.

Oh and after reading this thread you do know that OEM license keys for Microsoft Windows XP are not transferable from one unit to another? And if you are doing this through your company be professional about it and simply refuse to sell them something less then a fully registerable copy of Windows XP or whatever OS you wish to use. Don't mess around with trying a cheaper route because even if most of us have legit versions we couldn't transfer them to you without the computer anyways.

Anyway I go back to playing with my new server. A Dell Power Edge 2900 with Windows Small Business Server 2008 ... hehe
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Latency

Post by Latency »

Good advice guys and I totally agree.

[rant] It's a monetary world. Nice guys finish last. Time is money. Fuck you world. Cheers [/rant]
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Latency wrote:Good advice guys and I totally agree.

[rant] It's a monetary world. Nice guys finish last. Time is money. Fuck you world. Cheers [/rant]
That's right now buy us beer!! :)
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider