WTB - Digital SLR Camera

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

Ryzzen

WTB - Digital SLR Camera

Post by Ryzzen »

My wife wants a camera for her bday and I am clueless on this kinda stuff, could anyone recommend a good starter camera for someone just starting in photography? Any help would be appreciated. She has been taking photos for quite some time on a few different cameras we own, but she wants to take that next step and get one thats made for it.

Thanks. :D
Spyhop

Re: WTB - Digital SLR Camera

Post by Spyhop »

Very happy with my Nikon D5000. It's one step up from their starter DSLR and has the D90 CMOS sensor.
The LCD articulates as well which, at first, I though was gimmick, but found it to be quite handy later.

You can click on the link in my sig to see shots from my camera.
touque

Post by touque »

Ryzzen wrote:She has been taking photos for quite some time on a few different cameras we own, but she wants to take that next step and get one thats made for it.

Thanks. :D

I don't think there is a camera that's made for taking pictures.

:D
Ryzzen

Post by Ryzzen »

Heh. I meant more professional ones. :)
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

This comparison has the Canon Rebel T1i spanking nikons d5k and d90, found it while shopping around for one for myself recently.

http://www.digitalreview.ca/content/Nik ... 500D.shtml
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

they have the t2i now....
the 60D is pretty
punqewe wrote:could be worse...I mean you have to almost be psychic to figure out what Fiber's posts are. lol
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Mobius wrote:This comparison has the Canon Rebel T1i spanking nikons d5k and d90, found it while shopping around for one for myself recently.

http://www.digitalreview.ca/content/Nik ... 500D.shtml
It was that review that pushed me to the D5000

D5000 T1I

The D90 and D5000 sport a larger sensor and larger pixel size. More light per pixel = faster shots.
Azrayel

Post by Azrayel »

I might consider selling my canon xsi. It would come with the standard lens (EFS 18-55mm, 0.25m/0.8ft) as well as a battery grip (including the 2nd battery) and the camera bag. I still have the manual too, somewhere.

If your interested send me a text at 780 686 4041 (Im not on the forums too frequently)
Ryzzen

Post by Ryzzen »

My wife is pretty set on a Nikon camera, so looks like its between the 5000 and 7100 models. Anyone know of a good camera store I could pick one up, or should I head over to bestbuy futureshop?
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

SneakyBastard works at Mcbain on 107 Ave.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Ryzzen wrote:My wife is pretty set on a Nikon camera, so looks like its between the 5000 and 7100 models. Anyone know of a good camera store I could pick one up, or should I head over to bestbuy futureshop?
7100 :DROOL:
Want!

Go to pricebat or shopbot. Find the absolute cheapest price. Go to memory express and make them price match it.