Sapphire AMD/ATI 6990 4GB / Maybe 27" Apple Cinemas

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

Qube

Sapphire AMD/ATI 6990 4GB / Maybe 27" Apple Cinemas

Post by Qube »

AMD Cards:

I have two of these, about a month old with receipt, boxes, accessories, etc purchased from Memory Express. Looking at selling them and going to GTX 590's for the stupid reason that the older game I play (Rift) doesn't seem to like the 6k AMD series cards at all.

I can play everything else on Ultra without blinking on these cards, SWTOR @ 90+FPS max settings.. but for whatever reason Rift plays at around 30FPS no matter if it's on low, medium, ultra, whatever.. Then when I get into areas with high activity it can drop as low as 15-20FPS. Using a monitoring tool, it actually only uses one of the four cards, and even then I've never heard it kick the fans on once.

Looking for about $680 per card or so.. Preference would be to sell them together obviously, but whatever. I'm in Vancouver and will next-day ship them to Edmonton at no cost with tracking..

-------------------------

I have 3 Apple Cinema Displays (27" - 2560x1440). I've been contemplating selling these for a bit now, for the main reason that my desk is so big that it can actually get difficult for me to read text at the resolution 2560x1440 with it being so far back, but then when I game I don't want them to be close. Been contemplating picking up 3 27" Samsung that do 1920x1080.

I'm still not 100% sure about selling them, but figured I would throw them out there for anyone who would be interested. Monitors come with their boxes, packaging, etc... I keep all that stuff.

Vancouver has a pretty high resale value on Apple stuff so I probably wouldn't sell them for less than $850 each (not to mention I'm not in a huge rush to get rid of them).
previously: vect0r
r337ard

Re: Sapphire AMD/ATI 6990 4GB / Maybe 27" Apple Cinemas

Post by r337ard »

vect0r wrote:I have 3 Apple Cinema Displays (27" - 2560x1440). I've been contemplating selling these for a bit now, for the main reason that my desk is so big that it can actually get difficult for me to read text at the resolution 2560x1440 with it being so far back, but then when I game I don't want them to be close. Been contemplating picking up 3 27" Samsung that do 1920x1080.
I don't suppose increasing the font DPI and using your browsers zoom functionality, which wouldn't affect your gaming at all, helps with this does it? Seems a shame to downgrade monitors because of text size issues when there are alternatives.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Qube

Post by Qube »

r337ard wrote: I don't suppose increasing the font DPI and using your browsers zoom functionality, which wouldn't affect your gaming at all, helps with this does it? Seems a shame to downgrade monitors because of text size issues when there are alternatives.
I was thinking about doing that or even possibly re positioning my desk. I love the monitors and doubt I'll end up selling them but was throwing it out there just in case.
AntiFragger

Post by AntiFragger »

I maybe interested in one or two of those.. I'm not into editing photos anymore so this Dell U2711 maybe going on the market. Those 2 displays would run nicely with my Mac Pro and once I sell this monster Wide Format Epson 3880 Printer my desk will have lots of room for 2 displays.

I may also have to start running Windows full time because I'm playing WoW, Rift and SWtOR and I can't stand switching over to OS X just to play wow. Fucking game makers not making games for the fastest growing compter segment really sucks monkey balls.
Qube

Post by Qube »

I picked up two GTX 590's and running Quad SLI one of these has to go since you can only run two displays. So nothing else is available except for one more Cinema 27" display.
AntiFragger

Post by AntiFragger »

How much for the one?
Qube

Post by Qube »

$800 shipped ground, $850 shipped next day.

Ground shipping is $36 from CP or like $42 from Purolator, next day for canada post is $93 and for purolator is $85ish.
Qube

Post by Qube »

Sold the monitor and so that's all she wrote folks.
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

vect0r wrote:Sold the monitor and so that's all she wrote folks.
you move electronics like a vancouver heroin dealer