WTB CRT

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

latency is my hero
Last edited by rob[GL] on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

hahaha
punqewe wrote:could be worse...I mean you have to almost be psychic to figure out what Fiber's posts are. lol
latency

Post by latency »

so no one has an older black CRT ? pffft
Scald

Post by Scald »

We're all racist when it came to our LCD's
Last edited by Scald on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

I'll sell you my white 17" NEC AccuSync 75F. It only does 75Hz @ 1024x768 and I wrote on it but its all good.

$420.
Mobius

Re: WTB CRT

Post by Mobius »

latency wrote:I wanna go back to using a CRT for my gaming box and then give Amy my LCD. Does anyone have a CRT they can sell (or know someone)? I am a little picky so it will need to meet the following things. I don't expect it to be free by any means. I'll pay what we both think will be fair.

- Must be black (every peripheral I have is black now)
- Must be flat
- Must be 19" or larger.
I want my CRT and video card back this weekend please. I need them for a second rig I'm building in my room.
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Aborted

Post by Aborted »

Are you on glue? Go back to CRT? Everything about LCD's is far superior to CRT's. If you have experienced anything on an LCD that is less than your CRT was capable of we just need to find you a better LCD.

I just got a viewsonic vx2235wm on friday. Rocks my world :D 22 inches of widescreen goodness. Mobius which 24" wide do you have?
Axiom

Post by Axiom »

dot pitch is better on CRT's as well as non-native resolutions.
Live Fast. Die Young. Leave a beautiful corpse.
latency

Re: WTB CRT

Post by latency »

Mobius wrote:
latency wrote:I wanna go back to using a CRT for my gaming box and then give Amy my LCD. Does anyone have a CRT they can sell (or know someone)? I am a little picky so it will need to meet the following things. I don't expect it to be free by any means. I'll pay what we both think will be fair.

- Must be black (every peripheral I have is black now)
- Must be flat
- Must be 19" or larger.
I want my CRT and video card back this weekend please. I need them for a second rig I'm building in my room.
try msn, icq, or the phone next time. i haven't been in this thread for a while. anyways, when you are ready to pick everything up, give me a ring and it'll be ready by the time you are over.
Last edited by latency on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

cause hes gotta walk?

OHH BURN

lawl..
i'll drop it off for you if we can have a Wii party
punqewe wrote:could be worse...I mean you have to almost be psychic to figure out what Fiber's posts are. lol
latency

Post by latency »

I can drop it of later in the week. Just sounded like he was in a rush since he had a time frame in his mind. I didn't even see this message until after the weekend.
latency

Post by latency »

Aborted wrote:Are you on glue? Go back to CRT? Everything about LCD's is far superior to CRT's. If you have experienced anything on an LCD that is less than your CRT was capable of we just need to find you a better LCD.

I just got a viewsonic vx2235wm on friday. Rocks my world :D 22 inches of widescreen goodness. Mobius which 24" wide do you have?
Show me an LCD with the contrast ratio of a CRT. Show me a LCD with a response time equal to a CRT. LCD's do have alot going for em though, they are bright, crisp and lightweight. Gaming and movie wise though, CRT is FAR superior. For the average user and guys that play slower games (non-fps), LCD is where it's at. I respect both until SED is out.
lanshark

Post by lanshark »

I have an old CRT

NEC FE991 Black in color

A buddy of mine is using it right now while his monitor is out for repair.

Remind me in a couple weeks and we can talk about it.
latency

Post by latency »

Sweet. I will remind ya.
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

My list of reasons why I chose LCD;

1. LCD take up less space. (more room on my desk for other things)
2. LCD weigh less. (better for hauling and lanning)
3. LCD use 100-200watt LESS power. (compared to large CRT)
4. LCD have perfect geometry. (more more trapezoid adjustment - wee!!)
5. LCD don't have refresh rate flicker. (even 85Hz is annoying)

While current LCD's are not capable of displaying an infinite contrast ratio like CRT's can, the response time should no longer be a valid argument. Personally I can't notice the difference of anything under 8ms, and if you can - perhaps take a look at the Viewsonic VX922. I got one for Christmas, and with a 2ms response time, I haven't seen ghosting in any high action DVD's or FPS games.
I was GL!
I am 780!