FS: Mid-2010 15" Macbook Pro 8GB RAM 2.66 GHZ i7 500GB HDD

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

Scald

FS: Mid-2010 15" Macbook Pro 8GB RAM 2.66 GHZ i7 500GB HDD

Post by Scald »

I'm looking to sell my mid-2010 Macbook Pro with an 8GB RAM upgrade and a 2.66GHZ i7 processor. Still has the default 1440x900 resolution screen however this isn't a bad thing in case you want to play games with the nVidea 330M 512MB discrete graphics, you won't be able to play at anything approaching top settings mind you but there are still quite a few games for OSX that you can enjoy without needing a windows partition.

Comes with a fresh install of OSX Mountain Lion. I can also include the original documentation and software disk that it came with, they won't do you any good as they're pre-Lion even however I've also included a bootable USB key with Mountain Lion straight from the app store at no charge to you. Screen and exterior have been cleaned regularly with a 50/50 mix of IPA and distilled water as per Apples instructions, backplate has also been regularly removed and cleaned with compressed air to keep things running optimally.

Click Here to see full album.

As you can see there is a scratch on the top back of the unit, I've included a ruler next to a close up so you have a good idea it's there in the interests of full disclosure.

I'm selling this item because it is presently the most valuable item in my possession, given the upgrades and degree of care I've given this laptop I do believe $1100 CAD to be a fair price. Would prefer buyers from Canada due to ease of payment and shipment however I'm not unwilling to discuss other options.

Contact me via PM if you're interested and I can provide phone number and e-mail address. I'd have them listed here but the Garage Sale portion of the forum is open to the public and I had a fuckton of scammers messaging me when I had posted this on kijijiji. Below disclaimer is rendered moot if you're paying in cash or with interac e-mail money transfers, I'm just super hesitant accepting paypal after how much fucking around I had to do selling my WoW account that way.

Regarding payment, I will only accept paypal with a scanned piece of photo ID verifying you are the account holder. I don't need your drivers license number or any of the important bits so you can cover those up, just so I have something to counter with in cases of fraud. Also very important to note is that I will not be shipping this item until payment has cleared into my bank or has otherwise made it into my hand. I'm also willing to accept Western Union/Moneygram as well as Interac e-mail Money Transfers if you happen to be Canadian.
pinkdonut666

Re: FS: Mid-2010 15" Macbook Pro 8GB RAM 2.66 GHZ i7 500GB

Post by pinkdonut666 »

AS somebody who has owned to macbook pro's. I have to say the build quality of them is unlike any other notebook. Yah okay they are expensive, but they are really sturdy. My last one, (core 2 duo store display model) Had taken countless (like 12 or so) falls from desk height to the ground and never a problem. (till the SODIMM sockets on the board had the common failure for that model) Now granted 12 3' drops isn't a nice thing to put a laptop through, but I'll be hard pressed to find something as sturdy as a replacement. I've got a core i7 thunderbolt one now, (with windows obvi) and I don't have a problem with it. (besides intel GMA)
2600K @4.6ghz, 16gb AMD 1600mhz, 2 HD6990's, Maximus IV extreme z68, SB x-fi titanium HD
Scald

Post by Scald »

Price drop to 1k
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

I am interested. Working on the wife to get this pushed through.
Do you have any more room to move? Say $900
Scald

Post by Scald »

$1000 was my bottom line 2 weeks ago, as of now $900 as an offer is actually looking pretty favorable as long as you're wiling to pick it up downtown.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Ok, if you are for it @ 900.

I'll take it. Let me know when... And where.
Scald

Post by Scald »

PM sent with details.