possible location for a LAN party

Title says it all ...
latency

Post by latency »

wireless with a repeater/accesspoint would work.
fittysix

Post by fittysix »

If we can find a wireless AP to grab the net off then Patch here might have a wireless ethernet bridge we could borrow for the weekend, of course there's the unlikely event that someone might buy it between now and said future lan.
 /l、 SpammerAssassin is built on JBASH (Jason Bourne Again Shell)
(゚、 。7
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_, )ノ
kid652

Post by kid652 »

That would work, but I have no idea how you would set one of those up. I can look into buying one of those. Any idea how much something like that would cost?
Keith 'Kid652' Maceyocski

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

The ethernet bridge is pricy, it costs more then a wireless router. It really would not be worth buying to make a net connection at the hall easier when you could configure a router or a wireless NIC to do the same thing :P
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
kid652

Post by kid652 »

Can you do the same thing with a linksys wireless router? I Have a Linksys router (WRT54G) already, and it is doing nothing for the wireless right now. It wouldn't be any problem using that for the weekend.

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
Stoop

Post by Stoop »

kid652 wrote:Can you do the same thing with a linksys wireless router? I Have a Linksys router (WRT54G) already, and it is doing nothing for the wireless right now. It wouldn't be any problem using that for the weekend.
Yes.

look for "The Individual Sveasoft" on google, and download the firmware.
kid652

Post by kid652 »

Thats it?

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
Decker

Post by Decker »

It may be a good idea to put up some dividers or some sound dampeners in case Grapeman intends to come (snores really loud).

But more for sleepers privacy and hopefully they will get less noise from yelling LANners that wish to go for the night shift.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
kid652

Post by kid652 »

Well... That is a very good point. I remember last time, one of my clan members was snoring so loud it woke up EVERYONE in the hall... I would say we do have somewhere for people to sleep, but unless you are okay with sleeping on an open cement floor... There really isn't too much of a place to sleep.
We also don't really have any noise dampeners or dividers that we could put up either. In January, there definately isn't a chance that sleeping outside is a possibility.

Looks like there is no remedy for this one...Unless we gave Grapeman loads and loads of caffine so he couldn't sleep, then it wouldn't be a problem. Any other ideas?

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
kid652

Post by kid652 »

Another thing I forgot to mention, the moded firmware for my router killed it... I can't get it to pick up an IP address, so I can't access it so I can change the Firmware. Any other ideas?

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
Lt_Bonghit

Post by Lt_Bonghit »

hit the reset button on the router and it will default it back to original firmware I beleive. Also I snore loud enough to compete with this grapeman :twisted:
kid652

Post by kid652 »

The reset button only resets the default settings on the firmware, not the whole firmware.. The only upside is that it may be working just fine, I just need a wireless network to test it on. The only down side is that I may not be able to get the original linksys firmware back on it. Oh well...

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
ratton

Post by ratton »

to kid 652

u still can sleep out side in the winter, just have the gear for it
kid652

Post by kid652 »

Meh, My Keyboard is soft enough....

Kid652@gmail.com