TF2 LAN interest anyone?

Title says it all ...
Deviant

TF2 LAN interest anyone?

Post by Deviant »

Good day all. After exchanging a few PMs from a few members I have decided to go thru and post a future LAN I will be hosting.

First off let me apologize for the tardiness of this post, I just got back from a 2 week cruise and the internet was less than stellar, besides I was drunk most of the time but that's another story. 11 days notice is not good, but it leaves less time for people to forget about it...

I usually host LANs at my house, only one day type things from 10am ISH to 7pm in my basement. I have a 1 year old and he goes to bed around 7 so I like to kick guys out around then. We usually break for lunch at like 2pm if people want to. The last few LANs have we have been playing older games such as COD 1 and other assorted WWII games that are a bit older due to one of my best friends having a real old PC and he cannot run many games past 2002 :lol:

This time though I wish to play TF2. I got some help from Alpha and a few people here about how to get it going and it seems to work, although if you have your own copy all the better.

SO here are the details...

Saturday Feb 2nd at 11am. My place on the south east of Edmonton. I don't feel safe handing out my addy, but I will make avail in a PM or email for those that show interest. After all I do have to live here when everyone's gone :mrgreen: I would prefer that people coming have TF2 on your PC already, and please when/if you choose to come please want to play TF2. I despise switching games mid lan OR guys going off on their own playing WOW or Hello kitty extreme adventure or whatever. I have about 2-4 spots left depending on even or odd numbers, I like to have evens. No draws for vid cards or leeching, just fragging and fun.

I know I am new and no one really knows me BUT over the last few years of organizing ball hockey and LANs and meeting new people day of whatever event I have going on is a chance, but why not try out something new and see what it is all about, most of the people I know I have met through posts just like this.

Well that's all for now, if I missed anything OR you require more info feel free to PM me as I usually check them often.

Have a good day,

Deviant
zeroumus

Re: TF2 LAN interest anyone?

Post by zeroumus »

its escaping me at the moment as to what it is, btu I think feb 2 is reserved for me
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

damn those back waxing days cutting into LANs...
LiViD

Post by LiViD »

Feb 2 is reserved for me as well, got a house LAN to attend at a friends place. :D
Alienware M17xR3 :: i7-2720QM :: 8GB PC3-10600 :: GTX 485M @ 580M :: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
Japanese Proverb: Bird never make nest in bare tree.
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

I can't do any lanning till i finish doing this painting job i am doing on the side.
Die in an intense laser fire.
Kilroy

Post by Kilroy »

OOOOOO, soo close. If you had said BF2 instead of TF2 I would have been there.

Beside, I think I'm getting my balls waxed that day....
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Damn you tease...everytime I come back here there is a reply but all negative. Oh well I am sure someone will answer the call...
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

its tough starting a lan when your new.

GL people tend to shy away fromn 1 days lans, thats hurting you
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Meh I don't mind, I find guys like me with "life obstacles" like kids and a wife tend to prefer the one dayers. Besides hard enuf to find people with one day off to game let alone 2 or 3.

I still have a spot or two open for anyone interested. Should be good too since a few people have never even played TF2 which will help me out with my 3 kills total at eth end :(

Maybe see some of ya soon...

DEV
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

maybe if i had an uber laptop id be into 1 day-ers
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

So the biggest obstacle is some of you are lazy...jk. What if I were to say have a PC here ready and waiting to be played on, all you had to do was bring a monitor if you don't like CRTs, would that change anyones mind?
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Deviant wrote:So the biggest obstacle is some of you are lazy...jk. What if I were to say have a PC here ready and waiting to be played on, all you had to do was bring a monitor if you don't like CRTs, would that change anyones mind?
I know you're kidding...

But truth be told, alot of us have invested into creating a setup that we hate tearing down, just to be put back in its place in 12 hours or so.

Though... after last lan, I feel my lugging of computer stuff is nothing compared to what Kid brings!! :)
LiViD

Post by LiViD »

I'd have to vouch for the others that I am not fond of doing the same. Sure, I have a ready-to-go "LAN Bag" which prepares me for faster setup/teardown, but I still hate doing it in a short period of time. :|
Alienware M17xR3 :: i7-2720QM :: 8GB PC3-10600 :: GTX 485M @ 580M :: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
Japanese Proverb: Bird never make nest in bare tree.
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

All good I too despise tearing down both PCs (a friend borrows one), hauling em both to the basement plus the desk as I like the feel of mine only to haul them back up in a few hours, usually alone :(

However sometime worth it as I do not get a chance to play very much anymore due to work and all that other crap so I really look forward to the one day or so a month when I know no one will bother me and all I have to do is get pwned by people I can throw shit at...jk about the throwing, sadly not the pwning :oops:

Well still room for a few people willing to answer the call. Oh and I was not kidding about having as system here, I have plenty and another buddy usually brings a few incase of problems but not many monitors or poeple to use them...

See some of you soon.

DEV
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Also at least I picked a newer game. The last few we played COD 1 and it was like pulling teeth to get some people to show, lol...