Title says it all ...
Grapeman

GAME ON - Ball Hockey Thread

Post by Grapeman »

BALL HOCKEY:

Equipment:
Gloves, stick, indoor shoes.

Recommended equipment:
Helmet, Shin-pads, Knee pads, elbow pads, cup (for the gents)

Place:
Vanguard College
12140 - 103 Street
Edmonton, AB T5G 2J9

Price… this depends on the amount of people that are showing up. We would like to have maybe 10-12 guys so if we get that many the price will be quite low. If you want to set it up so those of you who feel you can make it all three nights just drop me $15.00 as a deposit and I will collect any money overdue at the last game. My total cost on this is $189 that means I am not trying to make anything from this cause this is simply for the love of hockey....and the occasional Oiler fan who gets it in sternum when they get to close to me!! mwahahahahahahaha (Just kidding ... we have a gal playing so no sternum hitting!!!!)

12 guys …… $5.25
10 guys …… $6.30
8 guys …….. $7.88

If you have any questions or want to add people let me know beforehand as I have some other persons coming out and we don’t want to many. The facility is apparently good for 3 on 3 hockey (and two goalies). We want to keep the max number to around 12 people so if you want to add people let me know in advance. Bring your money too. Also I will be sending out an updated invite for each Friday with any updates to the number of players that have confirmed. You will see the section below.

Note that we three goalies with full gear and at least two on any given night. If you want to play goal ... well stick fight over it.

If you have any questions my contact phone number is 780-905-6558.

Extras I know about: Total confirmed is 9 for this Friday.

This means I have room for two people from GL with Joe being in as a for sure. Yes Joe I will give you a ride since I can see your house almost from my place. If we get enough interest from the GL crew we can set up other nites as well at this place. It is dirt cheap to rent.

GLR's:

1) Grapeman
2) Deviant
3) Latency
4)
5)

Here is a confirmation of your booking for our gymnasium for Floor Hockey.

Floor Hockey - Chad Bannert 200 - Gymnasium February 29 2008 20:30 - 22:29 Chenard
Floor Hockey - Chad Bannert 200 - Gymnasium March 7 2008 20:30 - 22:29 Chenard
Floor Hockey - Chad Bannert 200 - Gymnasium March 14 2008 20:30 - 22:29 Chenard

You should have no problem gaining access to the facility through the main pedway door. There is a group in the gymnasium
immediately before you as well.

FEEL THE LOVE!!!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
mertz

Re: GAME ON - Ball Hockey Thread

Post by mertz »

Props to grapes for putting the hammer down on this one. Unfortunately, I'm usually pretty wiped on Fridays due to late-nite ice hockey on Thursdays. I may still sign up for some of these anyhow.
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

May I also suggest that people bring a white and dark shirt to differentiate teams. Also some H2O and a towel for sweat, people have used mine b4 without asking...EWWWWWWWWWw damn douchebags.

That's all I got to say about that...

DEV
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Oh yah and stick means stick, I know playing with a plastic blade and the orange box, err orange ball sucks...WOOD WOOD WOOD is that way to go.
mertz

Post by mertz »

I've got a couple old, left-shooting wood sticks that i'll probably be donating.
Latency

Post by Latency »

Awesome!!! Thanks for putting me on the list. I am there! I will only have stick/gloves/cup though. So don't sack me too hard.

I'll go buy my stuff tonight. What length of stick should I get? Where should I buy it? What brands? Never bought this shit before.
Last edited by Latency on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Latency

Post by Latency »

What time you pickin me up grapes? And c'mon guys, I don't wanna be the only n00b. Lets get 2 more glers.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Just go to crappy tire and buy any stick there, or Sport Chek if its closer. Either way length doesn't matter (at least all my girlfriends told me that :( ) and we can always cut it if too long...
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

I have one lefty and righty sticks if anyone wants them. Just let me know.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Deviant wrote:and we can always cut it if too long...
And does your GF tell you that too? :D :lol:
Latency

Post by Latency »

JohnyRico wrote:
I'll come play too!
Fixed :P
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

test the stick out

short sticks are for stick handling (not that there going to be alot of that, haha)

longer sticks i guess are for power

grab one and see if it feels good.
punqewe wrote:could be worse...I mean you have to almost be psychic to figure out what Fiber's posts are. lol
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Latency wrote:What time you pickin me up grapes? And c'mon guys, I don't wanna be the only n00b. Lets get 2 more glers.
Well it starts around 830pm so figuring ... driving to your place; stopping for beer; drinking said beer; driving to the hall; realizing we are out of beer; getting more beer; drinking more beer;

I figure we gotta leave by 2pm to be there for 9pm.....OR if we skip all the beer stops I can pick you up about 10 to 8; 8 oclock. Friday night going towards downtown might be busy!!

:)
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Latency

Post by Latency »

Haha, we can make one beer stop. SO you decide the time. I bought my gera last night. Bought some VERY nice gloves. It was the one thing I was picky about and spent the most money. Ended up with Bauer Vapors. I'll get more armor af5ter I see how hardcore you guys play. So far all I have is a cup. Oh, and do I wear shorts?
Latency

Post by Latency »

fiber-optics wrote:test the stick out

short sticks are for stick handling (not that there going to be alot of that, haha)

longer sticks i guess are for power

grab one and see if it feels good.
Grabbed the longest one I could find and it felt good. Got a Sherwood Flex 7000. Regular $30 but crappy tire had it for $15. Someone is gonna have to show me how to put the tape on.