GAME ON - Ball Hockey Thread

Title says it all ...
mertz

Re: GAME ON - Ball Hockey Thread

Post by mertz »

Joe, if you wanna swing by tonight before 8:30pm, I'll help you tape & wax that new stick.. plus I can give you those old wood ones of mine as a donation to the GL hockey fund.
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Help wax his stick?? C'mon I can't be the only one thinking THAT can I??? ahahahahahah

Taping is easy and I find not neccessary for ball hockey, more for ICE but up to you, unless you mean the knobbin (yah yah). I only wear a cup, gloves and shin pads for rec hockey as I am sure no one will be going too hard (yah yah) and I wear shorts cause I actually have nice legs :)

Also if anyone here is actually coming please please bring a white and dark shirt to help new people aka me tell what the teams are...

DEV
mertz

Post by mertz »

Yeah yeah I was waiting for that...

I find that waxing the tape on the blade makes a huge difference in its lifetime. The tape is way more resistant to scrapes, gouges, etc. Also, it gives the tape a bit more of a sticky texture (yeah yeah i know) which can help with ball/puck control.

If your legs are so nice, why aren't you suggesting shirts & skins instead of black & white? :P
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Waxing hey...I just might do that myself. I do prefer no tape but just may give this a try.

Well I have a few scars from operations in the past, mostly knife wounds from working in the bars. Then there were those black ops in NAM... Actually no one wants to see anyone else without a shirt, especially my shirt off so lets all just bring an old jersey or whatever floats your boat, I used to get shirts all the time from reps when I worked in the bars so I used to use them. I use my team Canada (yay) for white and Coilers (boo) for dark but really any shirt is fine.
Latency

Post by Latency »

mertz wrote:Joe, if you wanna swing by tonight before 8:30pm, I'll help you tape & wax that new stick.. plus I can give you those old wood ones of mine as a donation to the GL hockey fund.
Thanks for the offer man! I will try to make it out tonight. All depends on what my family has in store for me. You might see me, you might not.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

mertz wrote:If your legs are so nice, why aren't you suggesting shirts & skins instead of black & white? :P
Fag!!!

Actually do you really want to see me without a shirt?? People might think I still have a shirt on anyway!!! Damn hair!!!

Anyway yeah...bring a black and white T=-shirt to distinguish teams. So nobody else from GL is coming?? You better speak up quick cause if I dont see anybody here by like 2pm tomorrow I have people who will fill it.

Joe ... I will be by your place close to 730. It will give me time to pick up the gear, etc etc. Give me a quick call around ten to quarter after and I will give you a for sure time. I would call you but your number is likely buried somewhere in these forums and it would be easier to yell from my place then look through this stuff!! heh.
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

dont get paid til sat, cant afford reg fee's or a stick that su.. i mean a wood stick
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Latency

Post by Latency »

Mertz has sticks and i'm sure Grapes would let you pay next time. You should come out.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Hey grapeman I am off all day today so if we need another goalie for tonight incase someone is out let me know.
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Deviant wrote:Hey grapeman I am off all day today so if we need another goalie for tonight incase someone is out let me know.
we are good for goalie but tell your bud to come out anyway. cant hurt to have an extra. We will be there for two hours and that way we can switch off if somebody wants to but that will be your call.

Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Latency wrote:Mertz has sticks and i'm sure Grapes would let you pay next time. You should come out.
Yep...not a problem Mob. I will collect next week.

Deviant

Post by Deviant »

If were good thats fine with me, I am coming alone (yah yah) so hopefully the goalies will want to stay in net. But after they put on all that crap will they really want to play out???

See ya in a few hours
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Joe .... contact me ASAP.

Latency

Post by Latency »

Hockey was AWESOME FUN! Thanks to grapes and deviant for all of the setup. We need more GLers out next time.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

good for next fri
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805