GAME ON - Ball Hockey Thread

Title says it all ...
Latency

Re: GAME ON - Ball Hockey Thread

Post by Latency »

Holy shit, I can barely move my body and I have a ton of bruises everywhere, especially my knees and ribs. The day of hockey I felt a little sore but nothing like this. I am either very out fo shape or this game really takes a toll on your body.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

I have found that after a long break of not playing I am sore the next next day so ya you should be getting your ass kicked by soreness all Sunday...enjoy!!
Latency

Post by Latency »

Yeah, and I think I pushed myself too hard.

Oh, and I have a question. I found my stick way too long. It was very hard to stick handle and take awkward passes. I wanna trim my stick but not make it too short. What's a good length? Right now my stick touched my nose when I hold it vertical to the ground.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
mertz

Post by mertz »

Latency wrote:Oh, and I have a question. I found my stick way too long. It was very hard to stick handle and take awkward passes. I wanna trim my stick but not make it too short. What's a good length? Right now my stick touched my nose when I hold it vertical to the ground.
That's about personal preference, really. Best thing you can do is trim off 1-2 inches, then try it again. If it's still too long, trim some more. The shorter your stick, the quicker & easier it is to stickhandle, pass, etc. Most defensemen prefer a longer stick, as you gain more power in slapshots, have better reach for poke-checks, etc.
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

With the stick vertical, chop it off at about chin level. That's always the rule of thumb we went by in ice hockey.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Latency

Post by Latency »

r337ard wrote:With the stick vertical, chop it off at about chin level. That's always the rule of thumb we went by in ice hockey.
That's what I did and it's hella better! So much easier to stick-handle. Thanks.
Latency

Post by Latency »

So I know Friday is a no go, but is it being changed to another day this week?
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Yah Grapeman whats going on this week?? Fri or Wed?
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

HOLY CRAP IS THAT BALL HOCKEY FUN STUFF.

And no .. not sore at all the next day ... <yeah right>.

As for a night Friday is out for definate but I am trying to book it for Thursday night. I heard Reet had something on Wed. and I am booked for Tuesday so that wont work for me. <indoor soccer>. I am working on getting confirmation from the guy who kind of holds sway over the gym but it is sometimes difficult to get ahold of him. Called today and emailed so I am waiting for a reply since this morning. I will call again tomorrow morning and post on here after work.
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Okay all ... got confirmation.

The new night for this week only is going to be Wednesday from 9:30 until 11:00. Yeah it will go a little later then even I like on a school night .. but to hell with it. Why not!! :)
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
mertz

Post by mertz »

Same location?
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Yuppers...we may need a golie too from what I hear. You know anyone?
Latency

Post by Latency »

Cool. I am there. I can play goalie so long as we have equipment.
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

I sent out an email to 4 goalies I know so hold off but nice to see someone step up...
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Latency wrote:Cool. I am there. I can play goalie so long as we have equipment.
My teams captain found some soiled old goalie chest protector on the bench at one of our games ill see if he still has it (he actually kept it LOL)
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805