Halloween Hootenanny 2008 (Time Change)

Title says it all ...
r337ard

Re: Halloween Hootenanny 2008 - Fire/Movie Night (NOT A LAN)

Post by r337ard »

Ok, I'm going but no Vik this year.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Latency

Post by Latency »

what? that sucks man. u sure you don't wanna be with her instead?
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Latency wrote:what? that sucks man. u sure you don't wanna be with her instead?
I'll spend the evening with her, go reverse trick or treating and tuck her in bed before coming out to the fire & movie with you guys :P Vik goes to bed at like 9:30 don'tcha know.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Latency

Post by Latency »

You driving yet?
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Latency wrote:You driving yet?
Psh, cars are expensive foo :P It takes an hour to get to the hood from here on the 8, and I can catch a $5 cab from there to your place (or the 77 which takes 15 minutes). I'll probably get there before 11:30 which is -probably- just before you planned to start the movie :)
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

r337ard wrote:It takes an hour to get to the hood from here on the 8
You have to factor in the time spent waiting for the bus....whether you're waiting at home or at the stop. If you're ready to go at 5, but the bus doesn't show up until 5:45, that's another 45minutes tacked on to your commute time if you're comparing to the convenience of having your own car. In this example it's 45min wait until your bus comes. 1 hour on the bus. 10min wait for the cab. 10min trip in the cab. That's over 2 hours vs. maybe 20min in a car.

When you find new employment you need wheels. ;)
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Dolphin wrote:
You have to factor in the time spent waiting for the bus....whether you're waiting at home or at the stop. If you're ready to go at 5, but the bus doesn't show up until 5:45, that's another 45minutes tacked on to your commute time if you're comparing to the convenience of having your own car. In this example it's 45min wait until your bus comes. 1 hour on the bus. 10min wait for the cab. 10min trip in the cab. That's over 2 hours vs. maybe 20min in a car.

5 & 8 are 15 minute schedules, and somewhat reliable when it's not rush hour. I agree that it's a minimum time estimate, but I find the night buses to be far more reliable than the daytime buses. If the LRT went to heritage already it would be real fast to get to the hood from here :P

Anyway, I don't get down to the hood much anymore and it's not like trekking half way across the city is a regular occurrence. Plus there should be cabs hanging around the mall, and the 77 SHOULD be there when my bus gets there. I'm just expecting one to screw up the schedule and make me miss it.

So while the bus isn't ideal, it's cheap as dirt (like me). I'll live with it.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

r337ard wrote:
Dolphin wrote:

5 & 8 are 15 minute schedules, and somewhat reliable when it's not rush hour. I agree that it's a minimum time estimate, but I find the night buses to be far more reliable than the daytime buses. If the LRT went to heritage already it would be real fast to get to the hood from here :P

Anyway, I don't get down to the hood much anymore and it's not like trekking half way across the city is a regular occurrence. Plus there should be cabs hanging around the mall, and the 77 SHOULD be there when my bus gets there. I'm just expecting one to screw up the schedule and make me miss it.

I think you need to add up in one month how much you and Vik spend on bus passes and cab fares and compare it to insurance and gas costs on a cheap car.
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

Dolphin wrote:
r337ard wrote:
Dolphin wrote:

I think you need to add up in one month how much you and Vik spend on bus passes and cab fares and compare it to insurance and gas costs on a cheap car.
If public transportation wasn't a total fucking joke on this entire continent I would be taking it. GJ derailing the thread.
Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Public Transit...staffed by the laziest mofos ever... :(
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

good chance i'll be coming to this
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

James ... bring neekid pics of your mom.

I found the transit system in Calgary to be pretty reliable ... or some of the subway systems on this continent to be pretty good like Montreal. Edmonton ... um ... yeah it sucks.

YOu cant beat a car though and why wait for somebody elses schedule to mesh with yours?
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Latency

Post by Latency »

K guys, gonna cancel this. Not enough interest which is fine. I'm gonna probably just hang with Jasmine which is awesome in it's own way. Anyways, hope everyone has fun! :)

Oh, if you're at a halloween party and you're having a good time, call me on my cell @ 780-340-3171 and I'll see if I can come out after the little ones are sleeping ... like say after 11:00PM. Cheers.
fittysix

Post by fittysix »

r337ard wrote:
Latency wrote:You driving yet?
Psh, cars are expensive foo :P It takes an hour to get to the hood from here on the 8, and I can catch a $5 cab from there to your place (or the 77 which takes 15 minutes). I'll probably get there before 11:30 which is -probably- just before you planned to start the movie :)
I think it takes me less than an hour to get to joes place..
 /l、 SpammerAssassin is built on JBASH (Jason Bourne Again Shell)
(゚、 。7
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_, )ノ
touque

Post by touque »

Latency wrote:K guys, gonna cancel this

:cry: