Dark fall

Title says it all ...
ID10T

Dark fall

Post by ID10T »

https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts ... scriptions

if you get on now you can get a copy. QUICK!!!

I just got my copy! Now will see the Hype is a lie or true
My Color is Black
I value power, ambition, and darkness. I love power at any cost and am a corrupting influence on those around me. At my best I am resourceful and unashamed. at my worst, I am parasitic and amoral. My symbol is a skull, my color is black.
Mobius

Re: Dark fall

Post by Mobius »

keep me posted
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

I will do a Posting tuesday-ish, on my initial impressions.
My Color is Black
I value power, ambition, and darkness. I love power at any cost and am a corrupting influence on those around me. At my best I am resourceful and unashamed. at my worst, I am parasitic and amoral. My symbol is a skull, my color is black.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

I created an account, but what is this, it is asking for credit card info, so what am i signing up for, a full release, beta, what? do I get to donwload it online, do i need to buy a copy?
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

it is a full release. Please keep in mind that your loggin onto a EU server.
I just want to get ahead of everyone, but once the North American server hits I will transfer or recreate my toon. there was a Huge patch on the 24th of this month Alot of people like the new changes so I am getting twichy hehehe
My Color is Black
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

So the Client works good, Downloading at 2795KB/s nice speeds, only 1:40 minutes to DL 9.5GB
My Color is Black
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

First Impressions
Ok, the first thing I noticed was fight all around me, people spawning covered in Blood, Somewhat cool. It took me a long time to figure out the interface, if you’re looking for a wow cook cutter then walk away now. And don’t do what I did, at the beginning of the game you get 6 tool tips “FN” read them it is important. Once I figured out how to move and get my sword out it moved towards a goblin area, where about 10 others are waiting for spawns, surprisingly the spawn rate was very fast and kept everyone occupied. Within the first 5 minutes of slashing and gashing, I hit another play, OOOOOO bad stuff, I immediately turn Grey with a big icon above my head so I run cause I really don’t know what this mean so just to be on the save side I book it fast. 7 seconds later it wears off and I am back fighting. You can kill your town team mates by accident and heal the enemy by mistake. This is a 100% skill base game, Might take me a month to get good at this.
Loot was huge compared to Guild war or WOW. Gold seem pretty easy to get. So I have been fighting one particular mob for a bit and decide to run into town and I find a bank very close to the door. Figuring I had to buy a slot or pay something I open for me, wow a free bank. So because I am cautious and paranoid, I put one Item in it walk back then got back to it to see if it was still there hehehe. In this game your get paranoid fast, this is a 100% PVP game, you can be killed in town by your own race. So everyone in the game seems to be out to get you. I was very cautious maybe too much but whatever right? So I drop all my stuff I want to keep in the bank and find a vendor. My trash makes me 120g I was impressed. I pick up some quest, now Note there is no Icon above buddies head, I was just talking with every NPC I see. The starter town is huge maybe twice the size of Ogrimar, it was so big that I think I only saw a small part of it. I run out back to the same area, all the while learning new skills, there are no Levels in the game, so if you want to be a sword wielding caster you can. You build your toon any way you want.
I bought a staff looking thing because if you’re holding a sword you can’t cast anything or at least I didn’t know how too. So once I figure out how to shoot, I start lighting up the town hehehe. I run out to fight more goblins, now wow this is hard, not easy at all to fight this way. The bolts are much slower than arrow so hitting mobs is very hard and require skill, after fight a bit, and not noticing my health I get killed and I have a lot of loot, this is sad, A guy revives me but I can’t figure out how to hit yes for some reason, the UI is very hard. So after about 30 seconds I am dead cause I can’t hit the dang YES button very frustrating. I try to run back to my Tombstone but there is like 50 of them around so it is not easy to find mine, but of course It was looted completely. I felt raped but low in behold a guy comes up to me and gives me my crappy stuff back, I was shocked. Cause really all I heard about this game is your going to be killed a lot and walking around naked.
First person view, when you’re casting or shooting arrows you see your hands and cross hairs, very hard to fight like this considering I am from wow UI, total different, fighting with a sword or melee weapon is much easier, I might stick to this for now.
I am a ORC, not sure if I will stick with them or not, Might go with the dog people I forget their name, something like Mirimhn. Just doing anything in the game give you skills, still not sure if you have to place them or not. But I know my two handed Axe is 8.93 hehehe
I won’t be playing much this weekend as I am having a lan part. I will try to give another update by Friday ish.

I need to find out, how to auto switch from sword to staff or Bow, must be a faster way. Glad I have gaming pad couldn’t imagine doing all that with a keyboard.
How to hit YES on the screen when someone is trying to revive you COMPLETE FAIL ON MY PART
Save up 500 gold get my riding mount might only take 2 to 3 hours. Not sure if you get a mount or not but that is how much it is to get the skill hehehe.
Get into a guild as fast as I can, I am done being a guild leader, I will never do that shit again, way to hard when your guild is so big.
Figure out how to buy stuff from the Auction house that I never did find. I hope it isn’t like Guild wars where they spam their stuff.
So far it was a good experience, looking forward to playing it again. And about damn time I can play a game with good graphic, I was really getting tired of cartoons hehehe. I will be keeping my wow account for at least another 6 months.

wish it was a better review, but it is all the time I have.

Better read http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... 995/page/1
My Color is Black
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Sounds fairly decent

I will give it a shot if it ever hits shelves
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

I will wait still.

I have heard far to many negetives, coming from fellow hardcore PVP'ers.
mostly due to gear being an issue in the sense of not meaning a whole lot that tons of people run around ganking naked cause the gear doesn't make a difference.

Not I am not in wow mentality of gear, but gear should "Help" not just be something to wear and be fashionable with.

Alot of exploiters running around too, though the patch you speak of, may fix or address the exploiters.

Anyways, it shows promise, but I will wait and also am not happy with the initial pricing as well.
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

I don't think it will ever hit the shelves, it will be pure Didital DL. speeds were awesome, 2.7 to 3.6MB/s for most of the time hour in a bit to DL 9.5GB

They haven't even started advertizing it yet and no ETA on a NA server. 150 to 200Ms pings not to bad at all, I had no lag
My Color is Black
trythis1

Post by trythis1 »

frick sold out
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

It looks like an MMO based on Oblivion or Morrowind, in terms of graphics look and skill learning.
Die in an intense laser fire.
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts ... e=Homepage

Create an account and keep checking,

Most the most part Darkfall under the NEWS in the formus They will annouces when you when the stores are open

I Did get ganked for the first time in 4 days by gay human people on mounts there were 3 of them riding mounts. I lost everything. but on the bright side I have 3 sets sitting in the bank hehehe, gear and loot is very eazy to get. got is a piece of cake to make, killing random mobs and picking up lots and items for one hour can make a alot of money and will give you plenty of items. I just join a Guild to learn more about the game.

When a North American Server starts up I will delete my TOON and start a new one on the NA server. I Just want to get an advantage when the NA server comes out hehhehe. So far it looks like you only get one TOON. I am not sure if you can make more at this time. I know 100% you can only create TOON for your faction, There are 3 factions. They do this so you can get any INTEL from another factions about pending raids on other cities.

The Interance is very hard at first. it does require alot of custom work if you use a Game Pad like myself. I need to start learning about Macros next.

I think tonight I will Gank a Human and steal his mount hehehe.
My Color is Black
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

You will not have to delete.

They will be allowing NA users to transfer.

Which if you level up, will be good for your friends and such for assistance and pvp'ing. ;)
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

I still might delete it, I think I was a different race rather than a ORC. Mirhman I think, Might have missed spelled the name hehehe.
My Color is Black