Star Trek

Title says it all ...
zeroumus

Re: Star Trek

Post by zeroumus »

i dont think so, I think the picture quality in theatres is ass

sound quality is definalty ass, but I can let them off the hook a little as its hard to balance quality and large rooms
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
fittysix

Post by fittysix »

zeroumus wrote:i dont think so, I think the picture quality in theatres is ass

sound quality is definalty ass, but I can let them off the hook a little as its hard to balance quality and large rooms
Depends what you mean by picture quality, the resolution is 'infinite' but has some noise in the slightly washed and low contrast picture, and it's only 24fps

I find Digital theater is absolutely amazing quality, at 2048×1080 it's not that much better than your average 1920x1080 movie, so I don't know if it's just the extremely high bitrate or what, but the quality seems way better than HD movie. Either that or the movies I've seen were in 4K (4096×2160) which is quite a bit better quality...
 /l、 SpammerAssassin is built on JBASH (Jason Bourne Again Shell)
(゚、 。7
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_, )ノ
Latency

Post by Latency »

zeroumus wrote:i would not get all worked up in the quality thing anyway, all theaters are pretty much ass as far as quality goes in some way. When you wanna talk quality, talk about it in the home
QFT. You can only be picky about quality at home because you are the only one that can control it.

The quality control sucks at local cinemas. At SEC the red channel was blown out for 3 months in theater 1. I complained the first time and got free tickets. 3 months later it wasn't fixed and they acknowledged that it needed servicing ... wonder if it has been fixed. Nothing like watching a movie with no red channel. Bottom line, every theater is different and I honestly think they don't give a shit about image quality anymore .... I doubt any of the THX theaters are officially testing for sound pressure balance or color correction, they just pay THX royalties to get the logo. Their demographic is teenagers and all they really care about is seeing tits .... regardless of how accurate the skin tones are.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Latency wrote:Their demographic is teenagers and all they really care about is seeing tits .... regardless of how accurate the skin tones are.
And this is different from us how??? We want good quality we can enjoy these movies at home. We want relatively acceptable quality and go out with a few friends we enjoy the movie in the theater.

I for one am up for theater watching with good company .... and maybe Dolphin!! :)

................oooh yeah ... feel that love.
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Grapeman wrote:
Latency wrote:Their demographic is teenagers and all they really care about is seeing tits .... regardless of how accurate the skin tones are.
And this is different from us how??? We want good quality we can enjoy these movies at home. We want relatively acceptable quality and go out with a few friends we enjoy the movie in the theater.

I for one am up for theater watching with good company .... and maybe Dolphin!! :)

................oooh yeah ... feel that love.
We're still deciding on a food place for Thursday. Moxies seemed like a possibility.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

so let me get this right, tickets available all day thursday?

can you actually buy them now?
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
dragon_tc

Post by dragon_tc »

well moxies is in the same parking lot as the theater so that would be easy
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

zeroumus wrote:so let me get this right, tickets available all day thursday?

can you actually buy them now?
I bought mine online the other day.

So you maybe able to buy them at the theatre as early as now.

but online for sure.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

shadow run guys should reframe from buying for thursday btw !
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

zeroumus wrote:should reframe from buying
lol. This one's bad even for you.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Attachments
command.jpg
security.png
redshirt2.png
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

Dolphin wrote:

it was tough to say it
touque

Post by touque »

zeroumus wrote:
Dolphin wrote:

it was tough to say it

nm.............not worth it

Anyway, back to the tits Latency mentioned.......good quality HD tits are much better than 'fuzzy noisy' tits !
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

We'll be at Moxies at 6pm tomorrow. Show is at 8:30