Gold Bar Community Hall

Title says it all ...
AlphaDrake

Gold Bar Community Hall

Post by AlphaDrake »

We're Lanning at the same hall you guys did this weekend. Everything is set up, you guys are more than welcome to come.

Just thought I'd mention that we are paying for a month of Shaw internet as well. Shaw sent some techs who ran a brand new line in from outside, right to the stage with about 10 feet of slack. They don't have contracts, so we are only paying for the month of service. I'll update this thread on how the returning the modem process goes and how much they charge me (they say just the month of internet, no activation or installation fee). The techs also say next time we do this, all it will take is 2 seconds of work and plugging in the modem.

Just if you guys ever decide to LAN here again and want a Shaw connection (btw: it's technically a business so its $65 for the month of Xtreme-i (15mb down according to shaw, 17.5 according to speedtest)
AlphaDrake

Re: Gold Bar Community Hall

Post by AlphaDrake »

So I took the modem back to Shaw on the west end today. Here's how it went:

1.) Radio Station starts playing a Motley Crue song, turn car off and go inside
2.) Tell the person at the desk that I want to cancel the service (just bought it for the MegaFPS weekend LAN)
3.) She tells me we've only had it for 4 days, I tell her that I'm aware of that
4.) She says it will cost $8, but she will just credit it and take the modem back
5.) I leave Shaw, having paid 0$ for activation, installation, running a cable, renting modem, shaw xtreme-i to the community hall for the weekend, and cancelling service
6.) Get back into car to hear the last chorus of the same Motley Crue song

She said next time we may not get it all credited back, but still.

So it's really pain free if you guys choose to use Shaw for internet at your next LAN, and the cable is still run to the stage area.

We also rented the hall for October 23-24-25th, we went to make sure you guys had it the weekend of the 31st for HallowLAN and saw that Joe had already booked it :)
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

How many of your guys showed up? Did they like the hall, etc....
Die in an intense laser fire.
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

We had about 30 people I think? Maybe 28

Loved the hall, it's perfect.
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

Yah, I liked it too. Nice and roomy, place to set up tent city downstairs. A fully loaded kitchen, what more could you ask for.
Die in an intense laser fire.
Latency

Post by Latency »

AlphaDrake wrote:We had about 30 people I think? Maybe 28

Loved the hall, it's perfect.
Nice man, nice. I booked it for the 31st but might cancel. Halloweens on a weekend and I would really love to spend it with Jasmine and the family. Who knows though, maybe she'll just join me at the LAN. We could make it more festive and maybe have more families and make it more than just a LAN. That's a good thought :).
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
ko0kie

Post by ko0kie »

Nice.. no more ghetto interweb
Intel i5 720 2.67Ghz O/C to 3.7 Ghz
Asus P7P55D
4GB Munskin PC3-12800
ATI Radeon 4890 1GB GDDR5
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Joe, Halloween is your special time of the year and you certainly should enjoy it with the family - but if I'm not mistaken having a nice big party with lots of close friends at the hall doesn't exclude their time with you, it mostly just moves it up the road a little. ;) Can't be a recluse all the time. ;) Besides, I'm sure the Jasmine and Amy would enjoy it too, the little one is probably indifferent.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

Also: if you guys have a LAN in the same month as we do, we could always split the cost of the internet in half... $35 from each group would be pretty reasonable for a weekend of internet.
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

r337ard wrote:Joe, Halloween is your special time of the year and you certainly should enjoy it with the family - but if I'm not mistaken having a nice big party with lots of close friends at the hall doesn't exclude their time with you, it mostly just moves it up the road a little. ;) Can't be a recluse all the time. ;) Besides, I'm sure the Jasmine and Amy would enjoy it too, the little one is probably indifferent.
QFT.

I think if we get a few people together and really put our backs into decorating the hall in a proper Halloween/Lan fashion Jasmine and Amy would really like it. Besides you give Jasmine the job of going around and taking pictures of everybody (yes Joe ... with your most expensive camera ... heh) and STRONGLY encourage everyone to dress up properly it should be a hoot. Oh and you need a goulish punch bowl (no ... not to spike it), candy stations, and how about a chocolate fondue and cut fruit!!??

Alpha ... bring your guys too!! Lets make it happen!!

**** DISCLAIMER **** This in no way means that the writer of this post volunteers for anything other then playing games, drinking beer, and snoring in the corner loudly although if persuaded during a fishing trip to help will most likely offer their Halloween style decorative services but will definitely dress up. [/**** DISCLAIMER ****]
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Nothing saying hallowlan has to fall on the same weekend. We've often had early/late hallowlans/
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Dolphin wrote:Nothing saying hallowlan has to fall on the same weekend. We've often had early/late hallowlans/
While true, Hallowlan really works better on the day if it falls on a weekend. For the simple reason of getting people to dress up and the atmosphere if nothing else.

I wholeheartedly agree with Grapes notion tho, and I'm sure Vik and I would have no issue volunteering some time and gear to pull it off.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Latency

Post by Latency »

Yep, I am on the same page too. I was pondering it in my head and mentioned it to Roy last week. He figured some people would get their panties in a bunch but whatever. This year HallowLAN will be an actual halloween party with some lanning when the festivities are over. You guys up for trick or treating? I would love to see the look on peoples faces watching 30 grown men come to their doors all decked out in costumes. Not many kids live in that neighborhood either, mainly old folks ... I'm sure they're not even expecting trick or treaters. Everyone will be encouraged to bring their families too. And sorry zero, there will be music with big speakersl, shitty music, and fog machine :).
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Vik and I go reverse trick or treating, where we give out candy to the kids and see the costumes - perhaps that's something the rest of you are interested in too. We're a mobile trick or treat door.

Tho it would be funny to show up at doors trick or treating, especially the tall bastards in the group :P
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

r337ard wrote:especially the tall bastards in the group :P
Which from your perspective is all of us?? :lol: