FRAGA 2009

Title says it all ...
zeroumus

FRAGA 2009

Post by zeroumus »

Sorry I deleted by mistake the old fraga thread when attempting to move it back to the events section, got no idea what I screwed up, but anyway, its gone

Anyway, Last we where talking about shitty american beer

Most importantly, fraga is moved to a new location
Greetings Participants!

Over the past few weeks the staff and volunteers have been working in the background to make this event as fun for everyone as possible.

We have been going over the forums and trying to gauge what we need to continue to put on a successful event and found that what you were all looking for in a venue could not be accomplished with us using the Agricom, what also contributed to a change needing to be done was the lower numbers than normal and a decline in sponsorship support.

As such, we have secured a new venue, with a special area for tent city, outside food and drink is allowed, air conditioning is in the building and is able to keep up (we hope). The new venue has a hotel right across the parking lot, with a 7-11 right behind there. We found that ETS has service to the front door of the venue Thursday and Friday.

(No it is not the Mayfield!)

We are pleased to announce this year we will be holding the event at the DOW Centennial Center. We apologize for the change and we understand that some plans may need to be changed for travel. The use of the Agricom was not viable as there was no outside food allowed this year and all they had available was 50 000 square feet, which is too large for the numbers we are currently seeing. The DOW offers a Booster Juice in house, showers, change rooms, and flexibility. We have every confidence that this new location will be the best location we have ever had in terms of accommodating the LAN PARTY aspect of Fragapalooza.

We will try and assist you with the transition to the new venue, and have provided some helpful information below (Please do not hesitate and post here or contact us to see if we can help you further):

ETS Route 198:

Hotel Super 8 • Group Rate Available - $118 + GST = 2 Queen Beds in Room, Smoking or Non-Smoking

Restaurant The Pantry

City Information City of Fort Saskatchewan

-- Fragapalooza Staff
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Locus

Re: FRAGA 2009

Post by Locus »

Dude, whether you found them a new venue or not you went above and beyond to help them find a new place. Whatever the motivation is irrelvent, your efforts were admirable. My straw hat is off to you.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

oh, I took the drive up to the fort last night and took a peak of the genral area. Its gonna be darn nice. When you see how the hotel, the rec centre, and the 7-11 work togther your gonna think LAN RESORT. heheh

yes, its a tinny bit of a long drive, but it is an easy one
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
fittysix

Post by fittysix »

It looks like food wont be a problem: http://foodpages.ca/AB/FORT_SASKATCHEWAN/citylist/all
Someone in IRC linked this place which looks to serve a pretty decent meal http://thepantry.ca/
 /l、 SpammerAssassin is built on JBASH (Jason Bourne Again Shell)
(゚、 。7
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_, )ノ
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

hotel is cheap
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

fittysix wrote:It looks like food wont be a problem: http://foodpages.ca/AB/FORT_SASKATCHEWAN/citylist/all
Someone in IRC linked this place which looks to serve a pretty decent meal http://thepantry.ca/

yumm, breakfast......

I would not give me to much credit for looking for places. First off i only talked to a few contacts, second, I feal very sorry to whoever had to play the start sucking the mayfields cock angle :) and 3rd, they found the place anyway.

I am sure the frag guys where really working the phones and doing cold calls to places that would be really hard to convince to let us in. That is the hard part.
whyte69

Post by whyte69 »

I'm glad that Fraga was able to find another venue, and I look forward to seeing how things turning out.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

i notice the new layout is up on fragapalooza.com

can I assume we are all ok with the back of colum 2-3 ?
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

This would be ideal
fraga.png
Also, please add DROK to the GL group.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Who reserved the GL row? It's wrong. We're not in the same aisle that way.
Sphincter

Post by Sphincter »

That was me...need changed?

EDIT

better?
Michael Hollands
Vice President
Fragapalooza
http://www.fragapalooza.com
mikeh AT fragapalooza DOT ca
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Phew, thanks. :)
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

was there a fail while i was away?
touque

Post by touque »

zeroumus wrote:was there a fail while i was away?

made me lol in rl :)
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

LOL tams. I'm not avoiding you, but can you give me one space? I have a buddy whom I've known for 17 years who just got into PC gaming who's coming. Was trying to get him a seat beside me. Thanks. Sorry. Sit close tho!!