FRAGA 2009

Title says it all ...
JohnyRico

Re: FRAGA 2009

Post by JohnyRico »

That game is so fun on live! ;)

Love the instant action.
Destructible environment.
and people suck at the planes again! ;) nubs.
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Heck with a lan involving a couple of the biggest groups at Frag I think we may even be able to convince Sphincter and some of the other staff to come out for it. I am sure they would rather attend a lan once in awhile instead of just throw them all the time!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
AntiFragger

Post by AntiFragger »

I'm in for the next big GaragaLAN lan.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

AntiFragger wrote:I'm in for the next big GaragaLAN lan.
Quoted for posterity. We're gonna hold you to it. :mrgreen:
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

What do you think would be a good goal if a few of the lan groups got togther and held a big one.

i think a 100 person lan would be a good place to start. Anything bigger we would not be prepared for possibly. 100 is small enough that typical network setup and hall rentals can work
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Dragonfire[AB]

Post by Dragonfire[AB] »

i think it a good idea not ruining any thing just given a few more ppl to work with

and i definatly grabbing 1943 had a blast with the original,
maybe they get a sweet dc for it as well
AntiFragger

Post by AntiFragger »

A 100 person lan is a SHIT TON of work.

Having said that, if you have 5 or 6 people involved in the planning, organization, set up and most importantly the financial responsibilities it would probably go off without a hitch. There are smart and dedicated people in this group and i"m sure there would be no issues with some of you running a large lan.
Locus

Post by Locus »

If you guys are serious about doing this I can obtain all of the network gear we would need for a lan of this size, and could possibly help out with some power gear (circuit breakers, cabling, etc.) as well.
fittysix

Post by fittysix »

With that many you're looking for a venue too. You could probably only do about 70 in Goldbar I think... Devon IIRC will hold 100, but then you're stuck with a small internets problem (solvable yes, but difficult)
 /l、 SpammerAssassin is built on JBASH (Jason Bourne Again Shell)
(゚、 。7
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_, )ノ
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

hrm... Airsurfer... I think you should be able to pull some kind of "sponsorship" one weekend deal! ;)
Dragonfire[AB]

Post by Dragonfire[AB] »

goldbar will be fine for the reason u probly looking at about 60 to 70 between the 2 groups tops
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Goldbar has the space, but can it meet the power requirements of that many lanners?
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

I think when we were there we went with 3 people per circuit and got 45 spots, if you put 4 people on a circuit you may be able to get to 55... That's without bringing power from the basement
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

.......and I cant stress the importance of fully charged UPS's at this thing. We get three people using two UPS battery sides and we should be good.

Oh I am excited ... this lan is gonna be kick ass!!! Time for a cold shower!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

Grapeman wrote:Heck with a lan involving a couple of the biggest groups at Frag I think we may even be able to convince Sphincter and some of the other staff to come out for it. I am sure they would rather attend a lan once in awhile instead of just throw them all the time!!
Gil (Strat), Mike (Sphincter), Andrew (Commo) are regulars at MegaFPS LAN's. Blaze used to come out before he moved to Toronto, Cova comes when he can and at our last one Melbosa and Drown even came out. :)

Also: If you guys were up for the idea, I think with combined efforts we could pull a big LAN off no problem. Our biggest LAN was 65 members I believe, and I know you guys have had LAN's of similar sizes before. I think MegaFPS alone has almost enough network equipment for a 100 man LAN, with your guys's stuff it would be no problem.