MegaFPS Crossover/HallowLAN

Title says it all ...
AlphaDrake

MegaFPS Crossover/HallowLAN

Post by AlphaDrake »

So there was some talk in the Fragapalooza 2k9 thread about a crossover LAN. I'm all for the idea, but it's up to you guys. I understand if you want HallowLAN to be a GarageLAN-only type thing, and you might want to do a crossover LAN later, or not at all.

I'd just like to know if we are doing this sooner rather than later (we have the hall booked for the Oct 23-24-25 weekend and Joe has the hall booked for the Oct 30-31-Nov 1 weekend).

So... thoughts? comments? suggestions?

Friendly reminder: We are NOT the SFGG (Strike Force Gamers Guild) who play cs and tore up Killarney hall, we usually have 20-50 people attend our LANs. We play BF2, supcom, etqw, starcraft, flatout 2, trackmania, l4d, tf2, C&C, civilization, and pretty much anything that people want to play.

Post from page 3:
So I met up with Joe today, we discussed a few things, I am sure he can clarify.

We are capping the event at 60 people, for the time being we are splitting the space evenly (30 people from MegaFPS, 30 people from GL). If there is any space in either of the groups' seating 2 weeks before the event, it's open to anyone.

Seating is first come first serve (as you guys are used to).

Cost is going to be $15 to cover the hall, internet (maybe), some decorations, etc

It's still going to be a Halloween LAN (call it what you will), meaning dress up! There was discussion of a gift card to MemX for the best costume.

Something I didn't discuss with Joe because I didn't think of it until afterwards: What would you guys (and looking for a response from Joe here to) say to setting up overflow tables/network downstairs (i have a 100ft cat6 cable) if both groups have way over 30 people wanting to come?

So.. thoughts.. comments.. ideas?

I think Joe may start a new thread with the registration list on it, or if you want I could update my original post.
Last edited by AlphaDrake on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r337ard

Re: MegaFPS Crossover/HallowLAN

Post by r337ard »

IMO it might be best to coordinate with the LAN you're already hosting if you're up for that. How many people do you think the Goldbar hall will handle?
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

well, off the top of my head. and i dont speak for your average person here, but hell, I would goto both lans :)

i got to really think if the average person here wants to do back to back lans...
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

I would be up for doing both if it didn`t fall under midterm time :(
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

I wouldn't do back to back lans. I was kinda hoping for a merged lan tbh.
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

MERGED LAN MERGED LAN.

I think we should really get the groups together and have a big-ass lan. Get some of the invites out to the Fraga peeps (creeps?? After all it is Halloween) and get a big costumed event going. I think it would be awesome!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

hallowlan is joes personal lan creation, you really need to ask his thoughts on this.

my orginal idea was to do somethnig other than hallowlan, but the fact megafps is having a lan the week before makes it tough to even do that
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Dragonfire[AB]

Post by Dragonfire[AB] »

the merging sound nice but you are right it is joe setup for hallowlan, last thing i want to do is vote him off the island

i realy want to know what he thinks
Locus

Post by Locus »

Gents, I know I mentioned gear support for this proposed joint lanning experience, but I spoke with my amigo (who is sadly dieing to use some of the gear he has amassed over the years) that his friend in Shaw has graciously offered some free internets (10 25 MBit connections that would be load balanced) to the event if it were to take place.

I'm not sure this changes anything in regards to when, how, who or where, just thought it might offer a little motivation towards putting something this cool together.

So we stand with the following, network (both lan and wan), two willing parties (GL and Mega FPS), the will to pull something like this off?
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

zeroumus wrote:hallowlan is joes personal lan creation, you really need to ask his thoughts on this.

my orginal idea was to do somethnig other than hallowlan, but the fact megafps is having a lan the week before makes it tough to even do that
The reason I suggested the week before is simple, Hallowlan hasn't been confirmed yet (to my knowledge) - so we're still sorta in the dark as to what's going on - and because there is already going to be a rather large lan the week before it would be easier for the guys who really want to lan to tag onto that.

Don't get me wrong - I'm stoked for Hallowlan, I really hope there is a lan (and) party at Goldbar, but there is no confirmation on that yet.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
trythis1

Post by trythis1 »

one lan or two is of no matter to me just count me in every weekend should be a frag weekend
ya i am not getting enough these days
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin
Latency

Post by Latency »

You guys should post this stuff in Genmay :P. I feel bad that I didn't respond sooner but I never come in here really.

A merger lan sounds great to me. Yes, HallowLAN is my baby but the goal has always been to keep it very festive and fun and more people does not sound like a bad thing at all. I'll keep in touch with Alpha and we'll get the ball rolling. Right now I'm leaning towards hosting the LAN on the week before Halloween ... this will free up time for the family guys (such as myself) to spend time with the little ones on the official night. I was originally thinking of having a family type event at the LAN but I just know there will be some drinking and I don't wish to mix that with kids around ..... not that we're raging boozers ..... it just doesn't feel right.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Latency

Post by Latency »

Oh, I'll get solid details within a week so people can book time off work and stuff. Just PM'd Alpha for coffee so things should get rolling soon.
Last edited by Latency on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Latency

Post by Latency »

Locus wrote:Gents, I know I mentioned gear support for this proposed joint lanning experience, but I spoke with my amigo (who is sadly dieing to use some of the gear he has amassed over the years) that his friend in Shaw has graciously offered some free internets (10 25 MBit connections that would be load balanced) to the event if it were to take place.

I'm not sure this changes anything in regards to when, how, who or where, just thought it might offer a little motivation towards putting something this cool together.

So we stand with the following, network (both lan and wan), two willing parties (GL and Mega FPS), the will to pull something like this off?
Sweet. Expect a PM in the near future. Thanks mang :).
AntiFragger

Post by AntiFragger »

Point me to the signups when they're available ;)