JanLAN 12-14th 2007-CANCELED

Title says it all ...
ratton

Post by ratton »

last time there, vagus was able to find a wireless sigle some where. mybe we can hack into that

ooo ya, bow and arrows,

lol " need need to be there to know what a am talking about"
kid652

Post by kid652 »

we may beable to have an archery contest, or something like that.

Who will be the first to hit a nvidia sticker with a bow and arrow?

sounds cool!
Keith 'Kid652' Maceyocski

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

I used to bowhunt way back, so i would probably do well at that. However, I can't confirm a lan that far in advance.
kid652

Post by kid652 »

I know that it is hard for people to confirm this far in advance, but I really need to get everything going this far in advance, because I need to plan out power usage on 2 floors, and a fairly large network. It is okay with me if no one can confirm those dats for now, but I would like you to at lease say that you are willing to come.

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Are you planning on having more than 250 people?

If not, network is simple, just cable runs will the most difficult.
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Vik and I will likely go to this one as well, but we can't confirm yet either.

Anyone know how to get a hold of Antifragger to let him know this is going on? He could probably give you some good advise and possible put the word out through the channels he used to make DevonLAN such a great LAN.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
kid652

Post by kid652 »

About the network, If I can borrow the one that you guys use at your LAN, that would be great. Aside from that, I am planning to run everyone on gigabit LAN, so If there are more than 21 people, I will have to move to other gigabit switches, on other tables.
Power is a bit of a problem, because I believe that there is only 100A on the main floor, and we still have to run 2 refrigerators, lights, and a microwave.
All other power will have to come from 2 other boxes that I will have to build to supply another 100A to the main floor as well.

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

100A will definitely work for 50 people man. Do you really expect more then that?
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
kid652

Post by kid652 »

ok, I am going to pretend you didnt just say that we could run 50 people on 100A.....When you look at all of the LAN Party hosting guides, they say, MINIMUM 3A per computer, but at that point, things start to do random crap, like restart, don't turn on, glitch, etc. I am going to make everything happy, and give it all 4A per person. That way, that issue is taken care of for the next few years as the PSUs become more power hungry.

And to be honest, I am expecting about 25-35 people, but I am going to be prepared for more, just incase.

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

We used to try and run 10 devices (5 people) on a breaker, so we wouldn't run into power problems. Most household breakers are 10-12A, some are up to 15A, and can handle 5 or 6 people without blowing. It's seriously not as bad as you think.
entune

Post by entune »

0my brother and I are willing to come but can't put my name down just yet for sure
ratton

Post by ratton »

in leduc there is a place called the rental house, rent a generater
they have they in all sizes, i think, this might be the simple anserwer
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

You think a generator will be easier then running extension cables up from the basement? Just how weird is the layout of this building??
ratton

Post by ratton »

ok i dont know if any one has long excoreds, and i thought u were talking about there isnt enogh power, even with the power from down stairs. that why i surggust the genretor.
kid652

Post by kid652 »

I checked out the power, and I think we will be okay with all of the extension cords. If we don't have enough power, I can get an extra breaker box like the one I was going to build for free, but I don't think we will need it.

I really hope that the attendance is good, anything less than 14 people, and it will be a bust.

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com