Project X: Uprising! (May 21-23, 2010) $5g in prizes!

Title says it all ...
Project X

Project X: Uprising! (May 21-23, 2010) $5g in prizes!

Post by Project X »

Hello GarageLAN;

Project X has been revealed to the world and has formed a coalition with other major LAN groups in Calgary to create an Uprising!

We invite the Edmonton gaming scene to experience three days of PC-LAN gaming, Console Gaming, RvB,Saturday Morning Cartoons, Theater area, Tournaments, Freeplay, $5000 in prizes and competitions and much more...

With over twenty years of experience and reigning supreme in there fields these collective minds are guaranteed to shake the LAN Party scene in Western Canada and change how things are done forever.

Enlist today at http://www.ProjectxLAN.com and make your voice heard in our forums~!

Revolution begins:

May 21st, 22nd & 23rd (2010) in Calgary, Alberta..
Prepay Tickets: $30 all access pass / PC LAN

Official PC Tournaments:
COD 4: Modern Warfare 2 sponsored by CoolerMaster
Heroes of Newerth Sponsored by S2 Games ($300 cash prize to the winning team)
CS:S
L4D 2 Sponsored by Dead Walkers

Project X
http://www.ProjectxLAN.com

Uprising is currently sponsored by:
-Adobe
-Alienware
-Asus
-Bawls
-Blackfoot inn
-Coolermaster
-DeadWalkers
-Dr.Horribles Sing Along Blog the musical
-Enermax
-Gigabyte
-Memory Express
-Nvidia
-Thwackers
-Trendnet
-S2 Games
-Saphire Tech
-SwitchBox
-SilverStone
-SAIT polytechnic
and more...
Last edited by Project X on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Project X is a Calgary LAN party event group.

Next Event:"Awakening!" July 27-29,2012 Tournaments,competitions & much more ProjectxLAN.com
Project X

Re: Project X: Uprising! (May 21-23, 2010) $5g in prizes!

Post by Project X »

NEWS UPDATE:

Memory Express & Nvidia co-sponsor Project X: Uprising! They will be supporting this upcoming event with some amazing hardware and 1337 technology! (valued at around $800)

Project X: Uprising has exceeded $5,000 in prizes and giveaways!

Create an account > Register for the event > Enjoy the game play!

Hope to see a strong Edmonton presence @ this upcoming event 8)

ProjectxLAN.com

Next Event:"Awakening!" July 27-29,2012 Tournaments,competitions & much more ProjectxLAN.com
LiViD

Post by LiViD »

Funny how MemX will sponsor smaller LAN's or LAN's in Calgary, but not Frag. /rant
Alienware M17xR3 :: i7-2720QM :: 8GB PC3-10600 :: GTX 485M @ 580M :: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
Japanese Proverb: Bird never make nest in bare tree.
Project X

Post by Project X »

LiViD you raised an interesting point...

Is it better for sponsors to support larger LAN events like Dreamhack, Frag, PAX, Intel LANFest etc etc OR smaller LANs like: Garage Lan, mega fps, Project X, CapLan, CTOAN etc etc??

It really does seem that sponsors can spend less and get more from sponsoring smaller sized events where most major events have a tiered sponsorship program that can limit their exposure.

What does everyone else think?

Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Myself I am not sure what to think. Only in the bigger events can a store like MemX actually make some nice sales pushing stuff to those people who always forget a mouse, a keyboard, need a HDD upgrade etc. Smaller lans cant do that. Mind you with the bigger events if they had a booth etc lots of logistics, more costs, and setup behind it. In the smaller events why need a booth ... just donate prizes and all is good. MemX can say they were there blah blah blah.

I am not sure why MemX wont go to Frag which is too damn bad. I have bought alot of hardware from MemX while at Frag personally including my monitor, a couple drives, etc. Hmmm...anyone from MemX know why?
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Project X

Post by Project X »

Well we have the unique advantage of being just up the street from MemX ... rather convenient for people to head down and pick up some equipment. I did recall seeing the NCIX guys @ Frag a few years ago... that is the BC version of MemX.

Hopefully this news post will appeal to those that have to drive down to the event.
NEWS UPDATE:

Project X is pleased to announce that we have ONLY 40 seats left to be claimed! Register today.

Spring is here and we here at Project X are running a spring LAN special!

During the month of April you can purchase your tickets to Project X: Uprising @ the special rate of $30 compared to the $60 @ the door.

skyedemon

Post by skyedemon »

only 40 left? damn, i wanted to wait to see if i can book it off of work :(
Project X

Post by Project X »

I think you will be fine, we have alot of people registering as we get closer to the big day however like most LANs a seat isn't confirmed till it is paid for.

Now is a great time cause we are doing this out of town April special where the tickets are $30 for the PC / ALL ACCESS PASS. That would get you three days worth of gaming, tournaments, prizes, guest speakers and a bunch of other perks.

Is anyone here a fan of Joss whedon or Dr. Horribles sing along blog?

Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Shiny........
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
touque

Post by touque »

The hammer is my penis :)
Project X

Post by Project X »

haha, all great classic moments in that show!

Well, how many people here knew that 'Dr.Horrible' has been turned into a musical?

I ask cause we were contacted by them and now there sponsoring our event in May! We will be awarding some Dr.Horrible Swag as well as having a both so people can get a photo ID membership card to the notorious 'Evil league of Evil'.

JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Project X

Post by Project X »

Thanks to all of those that drove down from Edmonton to take part in our inaugural PC LAN event.

We had over 100 people throughout the weekend, tons of prizes, loads of fun and some close tournament matches.

Thanks again GarageLAN for allowing us to promote our event and stay tuned for more information on our next event: Project X: Redemption! may 13 - 15, 2011.

We filmed alot of great videos leading up to the event and if your into gaming or zombies check them out in our media section.

http://projectxlan.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=69

One of our personal favorites is the rage quit video! (Warning contains violence and swearing)

zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

looks like things turned out pretty good
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD