YEP - FRAGAPALOOZA IS SCHEDULED. AUG 9-12

Title says it all ...
AlphaDrake

Re: YEP - FRAGAPALOOZA IS SCHEDULED. AUG 9-12

Post by AlphaDrake »

pinkdonut666 wrote: and I'm not sure how hard it is to remote windows XP pro from windows 7
It's super easy.

Bring your server and put it in the server farm (free). If you need to do something to set it up first, unplug your computer and do it at your desk (set it up so it will boot when powered on with no peripherals), then move it to the server farm and remote in to it.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

pinkdonut666 wrote:I'v got a quad core, and I'm not sure how hard it is to remote windows XP pro from windows 7. nerver had to do it. BUT buying two seats is a little rich for my blood.

edit. and you'll probably lol when you see my server.
If its a minecraft server. No... Nobody will laugh at you. If it is something like that custom case that guy buit out of sheet metal. Yes... People will laugh at it.... And you

I don't remeber his name. Will post pic when I get home
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

pinkdonut666 wrote:and I'm not sure how hard it is to remote windows XP pro from windows 7
When you see how easy it is you'll be like, "why the fuck wasn't I doing this a long time ago!?"

Then you can teach touque how to.
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Remote desktop is retardedly easy to use, shouldn't be a problem.

Do you guys assign static IPs ahead of time for people wishing to use the server area, or do you just have to boot the thing up and try to find it on the network?
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

It was years ago. Like Fraga 1, maybe 2.
It has been so long that I do not remember the details anymore.
My buddy was in a quake tourney and handed a known high ranking player his ass. Easily I might add.
He was ejected from the tourney, cause the player he beat called cheating cause he was beat. It was favoritism.
My buddy never went back, and I back him also and have never been to one.

I just like to laugh when I give my excuses of to expensive and the defensive comments made in rebuttal.

Long
Live consoles!!! Cannot wait to get my xbox720.
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

r337ard wrote:Remote desktop is retardedly easy to use, shouldn't be a problem.

Do you guys assign static IPs ahead of time for people wishing to use the server area, or do you just have to boot the thing up and try to find it on the network?
Static IPs are given to the servers, they are assigned when you get there. They also need your mac address
pinkdonut666

Post by pinkdonut666 »

zeroumus wrote:
pinkdonut666 wrote:I'v got a quad core, and I'm not sure how hard it is to remote windows XP pro from windows 7. nerver had to do it. BUT buying two seats is a little rich for my blood.

edit. and you'll probably lol when you see my server.
If its a minecraft server. No... Nobody will laugh at you. If it is something like that custom case that guy buit out of sheet metal. Yes... People will laugh at it.... And you

I don't remeber his name. Will post pic when I get home
You'll laugh cause it's a dell precision 220, with 2 pentium 3 1000mhz CPU's. AND I have a minecraft server (amoung other things!) on it.
2600K @4.6ghz, 16gb AMD 1600mhz, 2 HD6990's, Maximus IV extreme z68, SB x-fi titanium HD
Darkends

Post by Darkends »

Mobius wrote:LOL!! I love how you guys bitch about overpriced and hype. If you weren't so jaded you'd probably see what others see and why they pay to go. I have no problem forking over the dough to go. I found it very entertaining and alot of fun. I have only gone 2 years and had alot of fun both years. Even with some of the technical problems they found ways to entertain us.

I agree, I just don't think fraga is any better than something GL could throw together on a smaller scale. GLers are the people I LAN with.
Oh, didn't know that was the comparison. It sounded like you were complaing about the event itself.

None of my bitching has been about fraga itself as an event or a group, just the shit that happened to a member of our community and partially the fraga community
Gotcha

How long ago was the assault? Things i believe have changed but i couldn't say cause it the last 2 years were all fine and dandy.

Pretty sure if more was done to expose the guys who did what they did to the fraga community their people would have been all over it.

When I hear of or see a bunch of people beating on one person, I can't even express how angry that makes me, I genuinely feel a callous hatred towards them, especially to a nice, funny guy like Mike(nativeninja)
I feel the same way

Not trying to guilt trip anyone about not ratting these guys out, but I'm the kind of person who when something like this happens I really want justice, I'd have settled for street justice.

I'm not going to bring it up or discuss it again.

Mobius we got your point you don't like anything. Every post on these forums that you make is you bitchin about something and really, it's just annoying.

You don't get the point.

I dont think you know me as well as you think you do, that's too bad. If I annoy you that much skim past every one of my posts and guessing you woudln't be the only one.
Of course i don't know you... i only know what you post and have to draw conclusions from that. That's why i don't take anything that is said on here to heart. Plus it's not the kind of i can't stand you annoying it was more of the say something positive every once in awhile annoying.
I also hope you don't take what i say as a personal attack on you. (my responses in red, not quite as literate to this forum stuff as most).

@ Vector fine by me, your allowed to feel that way and not have a supporting reason. There is a difference with those that want to improve themselves and those that actively do it. I feel i am someone who does do it.
pinkdonut666

Post by pinkdonut666 »

I now have a new toy to mess with! :) and yes remote connection is really easy. worried about the machine booting by itself though...
2600K @4.6ghz, 16gb AMD 1600mhz, 2 HD6990's, Maximus IV extreme z68, SB x-fi titanium HD
Darkends

Post by Darkends »

pinkdonut666 wrote:I now have a new toy to mess with! :) and yes remote connection is really easy. worried about the machine booting by itself though...
Toys are always good. That's my problem though I'm an impulse buyer and end up using stuff for a bit then never touch it again.
pinkdonut666

Post by pinkdonut666 »

yah, toys eventually loose there appeal. BUT at least this remote desktop system is something useful. YIPEE FOR SERVER GRADE COMPONENTS! this system starts up and boot's into windows without a keyboard or monitor present! but i may have to cheat and plug a set of cheap air canada earbuds into the back to listen for the windows XP startup sound so i know when the system is done booting :P
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

if I remember right, you can simply enter your machine name in the remote desktop address field to reach your server, while its a very good idea to know your mac address and assigned IP, chances are, you wont need to remember.
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
touque

Post by touque »

Dolphin wrote:
pinkdonut666 wrote:and I'm not sure how hard it is to remote windows XP pro from windows 7
When you see how easy it is you'll be like, "why the fuck wasn't I doing this a long time ago!?"

Then you can teach touque how to.

Yeah, well.......

wait, WTF are you talking about?
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

zeroumus wrote:if I remember right, you can simply enter your machine name in the remote desktop address field to reach your server, while its a very good idea to know your mac address and assigned IP, chances are, you wont need to remember.
That's all well and good for a windows server, anyone running a linux or virtualization setup would need more info than that. Naming conflicts could also be an issue, how many people are going to come to the lan with a system/server named optimus, deathstar, eclipse, or something similar to that.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

i think anyone running non windows type stuff , likely know how to take care of themselves