YEP - FRAGAPALOOZA IS SCHEDULED. AUG 9-12

Title says it all ...
Qube

Re: YEP - FRAGAPALOOZA IS SCHEDULED. AUG 9-12

Post by Qube »

Darkends wrote:
vect0r wrote:
Darkends wrote:
So then if that's the case then you must be annoyed with yourself cause you did the same thing as i did. how do you live with that? :)
No, I meant the statement where you said like to better yourself. No shit. Everyone likes to better themselves. The ones who don't commit suicide. There's nothing you can do about it - don't bother worrying about it. You're just the type of person I find annoying.
previously: vect0r
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

i still get a laugh out of those that think the event is overpriced...

give your head a shake...... i am getting tired of explaining that its not a bad deal. so too fucking bad, you will have to figure it out on your own... without me to set you straight this time.

--

as for the someone getting a beating at fraga story. ummmm, i still don't really know what happened, I Never saw it, this is the first time i have heard of it, so i don't think anything that big went down, else i would have heard about it. I did hear about some CS fags roughing some guy up a few years back however, i did kinda of see it, and i believe is was dealt with.
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
ratton

Post by ratton »

you can buy a 4 pack for 255. that $64 per seat. or one seat 85. still beat are cheaper than a tank of gas these days
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

LOL!! I love how you guys bitch about overpriced and hype. If you weren't so jaded you'd probably see what others see and why they pay to go. I have no problem forking over the dough to go. I found it very entertaining and alot of fun. I have only gone 2 years and had alot of fun both years. Even with some of the technical problems they found ways to entertain us.

I agree, I just don't think fraga is any better than something GL could throw together on a smaller scale. GLers are the people I LAN with.

None of my bitching has been about fraga itself as an event or a group, just the shit that happened to a member of our community and partially the fraga community

How long ago was the assault? Things i believe have changed but i couldn't say cause it the last 2 years were all fine and dandy.

Pretty sure if more was done to expose the guys who did what they did to the fraga community their people would have been all over it.

When I hear of or see a bunch of people beating on one person, I can't even express how angry that makes me, I genuinely feel a callous hatred towards them, especially to a nice, funny guy like Mike(nativeninja)

Not trying to guilt trip anyone about not ratting these guys out, but I'm the kind of person who when something like this happens I really want justice, I'd have settled for street justice.

I'm not going to bring it up or discuss it again.

Mobius we got your point you don't like anything. Every post on these forums that you make is you bitchin about something and really, it's just annoying.

You don't get the point.

I dont think you know me as well as you think you do, that's too bad. If I annoy you that much skim past every one of my posts and guessing you woudln't be the only one.
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Mobius wrote:I agree, I just don't think fraga is any better than something GL could throw together on a smaller scale. GLers are the people I LAN with.
It's not better. It's not worse. It's different. It's the difference between going with your crew to see a great movie in the theatre vs. having some buddies over to watch a movie on your TV. Both activities are fun for varied reasons.
None of my bitching has been about fraga itself as an event or a group, just the shit that happened to a member of our community and partially the fraga community
I never looked at the NativeNinja incident as Fraga's fault. Native was outside the event. He initiated, even though what he said SHOULD have been taken with humor. The issue wasn't really pursued with staff very heavily and, even if it was, all they would have is X's word vs Y's word. Again, though, Fraga staff will and have perma-ban jerk-offs if/when they are caught in their douchery.
When I hear of or see a bunch of people beating on one person, I can't even express how angry that makes me, I genuinely feel a callous hatred towards them, especially to a nice, funny guy like Mike(nativeninja)
Pisses me off too man. But I think your anger is misdirected. You can't find the guys and ream them out so you're directing your frustration at the event instead.
Qube

Post by Qube »

JohnyRico wrote:LOLz
Good reading Xenos.
He was jumped outside a 7 yes, by frags attendants, who would not have been around if not for fraga.
Now my question would have been, did the victim bring it up with Fraga Staff at all? And then if Fraga/staff did nothing, I would be I understanding in the angst towards the event. I would probably base my boycott of the event with this reason as well.

But with Native no where to be found, I will never know I guess. This I will just have to continue avoiding this over priced weekend for no reason at all.
I'm willing to bet if someone bought your seat you still wouldn't go :P
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

That is correct.
It would not be a boycott then just cause someone paid.
Qube

Post by Qube »

JohnyRico wrote:That is correct.
lol nice
touque

Post by touque »

lol - why can't you boycott something worthwhile?

like console gaming (any console) or EA or Apple?
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

touque wrote:

lol - why can't you boycott something worthwhile?

like console gaming (any console) or EA or Apple?

i suspect a gay ass console group is what would motivate JR to come now
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
pinkdonut666

Post by pinkdonut666 »

god damn, some people sure as hell don't mind if people know there fuckin opinion.

on a more constructive note, does anyone know what the deal is with bringing a server system? I'v read the rules but i still am not quite sure. 1. your not allowed a monitor but most of the time would you not atl east need one to get a system going? and second would i be able to get away with running the remote usage off my laptop, (and i know your not allowed 2 network connections) by connecting it threw 2 lan cards in my main PC as a bridge?
2600K @4.6ghz, 16gb AMD 1600mhz, 2 HD6990's, Maximus IV extreme z68, SB x-fi titanium HD
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

pinkdonut666 wrote:god damn, some people sure as hell don't mind if people know there fuckin opinion.
GarageLAN 5 step member integration. You're on step 1. Shock and anger.
It'll be fine once you get to Step 5. Apathy
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

they will let you put a server in a server area shortly after the event is going, of course you will need to be able to remote it.

if you insist on having a stand alone server at your desk, they will require you buy a second seat ( this is what i do )

They give you 1 wire per seat, so no, you can not install 2 nics to get around that rule.. if you are do happen to have a 6 core cpu on hand, consider bridging a VM machine to your existing nic. ( put that hex core to good use )
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

Dolphin wrote:
pinkdonut666 wrote:god damn, some people sure as hell don't mind if people know there fuckin opinion.
GarageLAN 5 step member integration. You're on step 1. Shock and anger.
It'll be fine once you get to Step 5. Apathy

and me and dolphin actually get along just fine in the same room :)
pinkdonut666

Post by pinkdonut666 »

I'v got a quad core, and I'm not sure how hard it is to remote windows XP pro from windows 7. nerver had to do it. BUT buying two seats is a little rich for my blood.

edit. and you'll probably lol when you see my server.
2600K @4.6ghz, 16gb AMD 1600mhz, 2 HD6990's, Maximus IV extreme z68, SB x-fi titanium HD