WV Lan

I Plan to host a LAN Tourny

Post by WV Lan »

Hi,

Ok I'll be honest, I joined to help find people who:

1) Would be interested in joining a free LAN party
2) Help in any way run, as I've never done this before

Essentially this is the deal.

I'm the PM of a condo development called Windermere Village (windermerevillage.ca). We have a building that has 80 units, each wired together with Cat5e, to create a building wide LAN. The development itself has a huge technology angle, and we want to entice gamers to come check it out.

So this is what I have figured out so far, we want the minimum age to 21, no entry fee, free beer and pizza, winner gets $5000 (yup). Everything is wired, might need to buy a bit more hardware for the tourney, and also open to suggestions on the game(s). So please, if anyone wants to help, or join, let me know. I'm new to this site, but I'll check on it once a day. I hope to host the tourney REAL damn soon (within a couple weeks).

Ryan
Ryzzen

Re: I Plan to host a LAN Tourny

Post by Ryzzen »

wut
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

You had me at free beer
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Decker

Post by Decker »

Obviously a trap. But can you argue with free beer, pizza, and video games to sit through a condo pitch for an hour or 2? I would be willing to pitch in time setting up if my schedule agrees. Though, I will have to know when soon.

I mean, even if it is a super long presentation, it's not as if they have you trapped in mexico. Just pack up your computer, flip the guy off and go home.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Thats what I do at every GL lan, i just show up late, act like the celebrity guest and quietly leave without paying.
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

Lol I've been to condo pitches where they don't understand the meaning of "NO". Is this a condo pitch or not? Is this a lan party before every1 moves in? What's the scoop?
Die in an intense laser fire.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

strangely, i dont mind the sales pitch cuz I am thinking about a new place, however, i was thinking a small house. A larger condo could do however

more than likely however, i think it would not be in my best interest to do this too fast.
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Ryzzen

Post by Ryzzen »

Is their hookers too?
Darkends

Post by Darkends »

I'd be interested but i wouldn't be good at anything other than WoW or MW3.
Decker

Post by Decker »

I don't know how into the actual tournament I would be interested in. But, I probably would have fun with my group of friends playing the cult games we dig up.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
WV Lan

Post by WV Lan »

Hey guys, sorry haven't logged in till now.

There won't be any long condo pitch....ultimately we have an entire building that is wired up, each suite is connected....we just want to make good use of the infrastructure.

The only thing is it's not my forte, so if someone wants to help organize with me that'd be great.

Really expect this, show up, you go into a empty unit, setup, meet, drink/eat and play. Winner gets 5K. Only thing is I'm not going to organize this by myself, so I need some volunteers.

check out the website www.windermerevillage.com

email me at ryan@meterra.ca

Hopefully we can throw this thing soon, this week or next.
Decker

Post by Decker »

Something of this caliber really needs about 3 weeks+ warning for a good turn out. I would totally be willing to pitch in some time planning table layouts and setting them up. I could probably do the physical wiring for networks and power, too. I doubt I could set up the network software without some help, though. It depends how many people you want to come out, too. We may not need the huge stupid switch. But this weekend will be waaay too hard for me. Not only do I have a dental surgery and I expect to be zonked out on pain killers for most of the weekend, but I also have to work part of the weekend.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

if your planning to have a lan with more than about 15 people, you will need to about 4 weeks notice

now if you wanna still have it next week with 10 guys showing up and still offer a $5000 prize, i am totally up for that too :)
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

Me as well