Project X:Awakening! 300+BYOC LAN Aug 31-Sept 2!YYC

Title says it all ...
Project X

Project X:Awakening! 300+BYOC LAN Aug 31-Sept 2!YYC

Post by Project X »

Hello GarageLAN!

Experience three days of PC-LAN gaming, Console Gaming, Tournaments, Prizes and Competitions.

This event has LIMITED seating and we have sold out every major LAN event from prepay alone.

For more information on 'Project X: Awakening!' visit our website @ http://www.projectxlan.com/ and make your voice heard in our forums.

Project X: Awakening! is the much anticipated followup event to our sold out success 'Project X: Redemption!'. The theme and name behind Awakening is to raise awareness of the Canadian LAN party scene. This event will be taking place at the 'Bowness Sportsplex' located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. At 'Awakening!' we will be tying in a unique balance of PC Gaming, Arcade gaming as well as some special extras including a lounge area, Live music, guest speakers, theater area and much more.

Here are some of the details:
Date: Aug 31 - sept 2, 2012
Attendance: 300+
Cost: $20 PrePay, $60 @ the door.

Official PC Tournaments:

StarCraft II 1v1 Sponsored by Sapphire Tech, Brian Ymbang from Investors group.
League of Legends 5v5 Sponsored by The Peregrine
Team Fortress 2 6v6

We are also working with "Canada Cup" and will have a series of Arcade tournaments available as well (Street fighter 4, marvel vs capcom etc).

We will be awarding custom trophies to the top placing teams and providing the first 200 prepaid & registered attendees with a custom dog tag with your username on it!!

Current Sponsors:

Stelulu
Sapphire Tech
Razer
TRENDnet
SHAW
MemX
SwitchBox
The Peregrine
Brian Ymbang from Investors Group (He's contributing a $500 cash pool to the SC2 tournament!!)
Red Rain Energy Drinks
Gigabyte
Psyko Audio
FrozenQ

Game Servers provided by Wappo Gaming!

We currently have well over $5,000 in prizes & giveaways for "Project X: Awakening!". We are in talks with numerous other sponsors about this event and we are projecting that we will have closer to 10k in prizes and giveaways.

Don't see the game you wanted to play listed? Don't worry we will be playing a wide variety of PC games at the event! We will also have a designated console gaming area where a series of fun tournaments will be held!

REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT AT http://WWW.PROJECTXLAN.COM

For regular updates on this event visit our website http://www.ProjectxLAN.com
Click here to go directly to the Facebook event link to share with your friends.
Px-Awakening - CCE 2012 ad.png
Last edited by Project X on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Project X is a Calgary LAN party event group.

Next Event:"Awakening!" July 27-29,2012 Tournaments,competitions & much more ProjectxLAN.com
Project X

Re: Project X:Awakening! 300+BYOC LAN July 27-29th! 5k+ Swag

Post by Project X »

Help out a worthy cause by watching this video and sharing it on Facebook! Shaw Communications will be donating $1 with every YouTube view before May 11, 2012! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hkKndoX ... e=youtu.be

Next Event:"Awakening!" July 27-29,2012 Tournaments,competitions & much more ProjectxLAN.com
Darkends

Post by Darkends »

Project X wrote:Help out a worthy cause by watching this video and sharing it on Facebook! Shaw Communications will be donating $1 with every YouTube view before May 11, 2012! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hkKndoX ... e=youtu.be
done.
Project X

Post by Project X »

Darkends wrote:
Project X wrote:Help out a worthy cause by watching this video and sharing it on Facebook! Shaw Communications will be donating $1 with every YouTube view before May 11, 2012! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hkKndoX ... e=youtu.be
done.

Thanks Darkends! We are happy to support our ISP overlords at Shaw especially when they are providing the LAN with four business 100 (possibly 250) connections :lol:

Decker

Post by Decker »

Project X wrote:Project X: Awakening! is the much anticipated followup event to our sold out success 'Project X: Redemption!'. The theme and name behind Awakening is to raise awareness of the Canadian LAN party scene. This event will be taking place at the 'Bowness Sportsplex' located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. At 'Awakening!' we will be tying in a unique balance of PC Gaming, Arcade gaming as well as some special extras including a lounge area, Live music, guest speakers, theater area, guest speakers and much more.
Are there so many guest speakers that you had to list it twice?
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
Project X

Post by Project X »

Gomer wrote:
Project X wrote:Project X: Awakening! is the much anticipated followup event to our sold out success 'Project X: Redemption!'. The theme and name behind Awakening is to raise awareness of the Canadian LAN party scene. This event will be taking place at the 'Bowness Sportsplex' located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. At 'Awakening!' we will be tying in a unique balance of PC Gaming, Arcade gaming as well as some special extras including a lounge area, Live music, guest speakers, theater area, guest speakers and much more.
Are there so many guest speakers that you had to list it twice?
Well how bout that ;)

Project X

Post by Project X »

**UPDATE** Jarett Cale from Pure Pwnage will be live at Project X: Awakening!!!! Register & prepay for our 300 person LAN party today at http://www.ProjectxLAN.com. Come pwn noobs with teh_pwnerer LIVE at "Awakening!" Do we have to say more?!?

Darkends

Post by Darkends »

aHHH man!!!!! now i want to go but can't!!! dang it.
Decker

Post by Decker »

Oh my fucking GOD! I am so going to this now. I have to meet The Pwnerer! Why the hell isn't the computer screen taking my money to reserve my seat!

*added*

Speaking of which, how do I pay you other than Paypal since Paypal is shit. Without driving my ass to Calgary.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
Project X

Post by Project X »

Gomer wrote: how do I pay you other than Paypal since Paypal is shit. Without driving my ass to Calgary.

We have worked out an arrangement with the owner of OverKlocked gaming in Edmonton and you can go there to purchase your ticket at the PrePay price of $40-- As an added bonus you will also receive 2 free hours of game time and entered to win a series of prepay incentives including a $1000.00 shopping spree at Memory Express!!

OverKlocked Gaming & Computers

11618 - 119 St
Edmonton, AB
Off Kingsway near city center airport

Edit:
The tickets are being entered into their system early next week.
Last edited by Project X on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Project X

Post by Project X »

PREPAY BEFORE JUNE 30 AND GET ENTERED TO WIN SOME 1337 PRIZES!

We will be awarding $3500.00 + in prizes to those that prepay before June 30th including a $1000.00 shopping spree at Memory Express!

Here is the breakdown of the prizes we are given away if you prepay before June 30th :

$1000.00 Shopping spree at Memory Express

$2000.00 in Custom Dog tags that will have your unique username on it - provided by FrozenQ

$200.00 worth of gift certificates to Dickens Pub for the “Awakening!” after party on July 29th

$200.00 worth of SwitchBox day passes

Sapphire Tech video card (Model TBD)

Peregrine Gaming Glove

Krypton Psyko Audio headset

MUST PREPAY BEFORE JUNE 30 TO BE ENTERED TO WIN THESE AMAZING PRIZES!

Project X

Post by Project X »

**BOOM HEADSHOT!!** Joel Gardiner "FPS DOUG" from Pure Pwnage will also be joining us at Project X: Awakening!!!!

Decker

Post by Decker »

I kind assumed Joel Gardiner would show up too if you were getting Jarett. Are they going to be playing any games or just showing up to sign autographs and be celebrities?
Project X

Post by Project X »

Gomer wrote: are they going to be playing any games or just showing up to sign autographs and be celebrities?

They will be hanging out, playing games, talking about the film industry and we are coming up with a few challenges to get them more involved throughout the entire event. They are pretty cool guys and if you wanted autographs / pics they are pretty open to supporting the community.

Decker

Post by Decker »

Project X wrote:
Gomer wrote: how do I pay you other than Paypal since Paypal is shit. Without driving my ass to Calgary.

We have worked out an arrangement with the owner of OverKlocked gaming in Edmonton and you can go there to purchase your ticket at the PrePay price of $40-- As an added bonus you will also receive 2 free hours of game time and entered to win a series of prepay incentives including a $1000.00 shopping spree at Memory Express!!

OverKlocked Gaming & Computers

11618 - 119 St
Edmonton, AB
Off Kingsway near city center airport

Edit:
The tickets are being entered into their system early next week.
I just wasted about 2 hours driving across town just to find out that they didn't have tickets until next week on Thursday. I had assumed you meant earlier this week. And they aren't even available until late next week, all has been lies! I should have waited for you to confirm. They don't even have a FRIGGIN PHONE NUMBER! Fuck, this experience has pissed me off.