Evil Dead - Saturday April 6th, 2013 **DATE CHANGED**

Title says it all ...
Latency

Re: Evil Dead - Saturday April 6th, 2013 **DATE CHANGED**

Post by Latency »

Nice!
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

as copied from my recepit

Saturday April 6, 2013 - 8:00PM - AVX
Seat(s): G15 AVX GENERAL 14-64 1 $15.99 $15.99
Seat(s): G16 AVX GENERAL 14-64 1 $15.99 $15.99
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Latency

Post by Latency »

that's the one. he probably screwed up. i'll talk with him. thx!
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

g14 at 8

can somone do me a favor with a printer and pm me an email i can forward the printed ticket to, ive turned into a redneck and don't know how the other fangled doohickey mabob works, actually im lazy as fuck
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Decker

Post by Decker »

So... How was it? Does it live up to the old ones? Does it fulfill the vision you imagine Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell had going when walking into Evil Dead 2? Seems kind of odd that Bruce Campbell was only credited as a producer rather than a co-director since he seemed to have been on set for some of the filming, at least. That, or he had a personal assistant assigned to him at his house, which I wouldn't put it past him.

I will admit that it seems like a logical step forward judging from Evil Dead 1 to 2 from the preview. But, it almost seems like they cut out a lot of the humor and slapstick to accommodate for a more serious mood. The slapstick and the comedy kind of gave the demon a personality. To me, it gave it a reason to toy around with the mortals rather than just killing them outright. Sort of like a bored kid with a magnifying glass on a sunny day in front of an ant hill.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
touque

Post by touque »

SOOOO ???

How was the movie ???
Latency

Post by Latency »

Actors sucked ass. Script sucked ass. Blood and gore was the best I've seen from any other movie, EVER. And it had some pretty scary moments. It's great movie for far different reasons than the original. The original had charm. This movie had no charm whatsoever. I say it's highly recommended for what it's good for, shock value. With that said, I'd definitely see it again.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Latency wrote:The original had charm. This movie had no charm whatsoever.
This is what it looked like to me, too, from the trailers. It's why I wasn't excited to see it.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I think this movie will appreciate like a fine wine.

Are you guys comparing the acting and the script to movies outside of its genre? I thought bad acting made good bad movies good! (within the genre)

It's something I'd watch again & It was definately a step in the right direction... Conventional horror flicks for the last decade have been fucking shit.

:!: Spoiler :arrow:
they should have run with more of the funny shit, like his buddy laughing at him towards the end because hes fucking stupid, or the girlfriend snapping out of demon mode and being all like "HONEY WHY DOES MY FACE HURT, WHAT'S IN MY FACE? WHY ARE YOU HOLDING A NAILGUN, IM SO CONFUSED!!!!" that was fucking hilarious, needed more funny!!
Mind you, my opinion shouldn't carry to much water.

I remember LIKING ghosts on mars.. A movie that does not even deserve capitalization.

You want bad? That's bad. Bad bad, not good bad, bad like I'd trash the set if I was sitting in the studio where it was being made.

And to think ive been in arguements with people and defended ghosts on mars, i watched it again and was like, WTF???????

The same feeling I get from starship troopers, and any date I met on lava life...
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Decker

Post by Decker »

Mobius wrote:The same feeling I get from starship troopers, and any date I met on lava life...
Shut your dirty mouth. Starship Troopers is awesome! It's spin offs, sequels, and video games on the other hand. Not so much.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
Latency

Post by Latency »

I understand bad acting can make a horror movie great. But there's a big difference with over-the-top b-movie acting, and people trying to act worth a damn while failing miserably. It wasn't so much the acting though, more so the characters themselves (casting and possibly the script). The blonde dude with the glasses was the only one I honestly enjoyed watching.