HallowLAN 2013

Title says it all ...
AlphaDrake

HallowLAN 2013

Post by AlphaDrake »

https://www.facebook.com/events/5626848 ... ext=create

For those without facebook: you can sign up here.

Details:
HallowLAN is back!

Can we top our record of 75 people last year? Lets try!

Once again MegaFPS is teaming up with our friends at GarageLAN to host a fun spooky LAN party!

What: LAN party! (for fun, no tournaments, but there may be prizes for best costume...)
When: October 18-19-20th (so Halloween weekend is free for you to go trick-or-treating or Halloween parties)
Where: Fulton Place Community League (6115 Fulton Rd NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada)
Games: Anything and everything! The usuals: TF2, BF3, Payday, L4d2, SC2, SupCom, Flatout, Chivalry, Company of Heroes, LoL, Trackmania, Civ 5, Sins of a Solar Empire...
Cost: $20 for the whole weekend!
Picked this weekend last year cause people didnt want Halloween weekend because of parties/trick or treating and the community also wants the hall on Halloween weekend. Can't do the weekend after because that's when Extra Life is going on and a few frag/megafps people will be there.

So: thoughts? suggestions? comments? How can we make this year great?
zeroumus

Re: HallowLAN 2013

Post by zeroumus »

sounds good to me, expected that date anyway
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
ratton

Post by ratton »

nice, I hope to be there
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

awww yeah....!!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

L8tency said he may show up with Megan and decorate again this year. I am going to try to bring my kid ( how much notice do I need to bring him as he is undecided right now)
Die in an intense laser fire.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

In.
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

SCETR wrote:L8tency said he may show up with Megan and decorate again this year. I am going to try to bring my kid ( how much notice do I need to bring him as he is undecided right now)
Awesome! The sooner the better but no rush..
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

I think I will make this one.
Decker

Post by Decker »

AlphaDrake wrote:So: thoughts? suggestions? comments? How can we make this year great?
Hookers and blow!

I'm just waiting on my new schedule to see if I am coming out to this one or not.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
ratton

Post by ratton »

need beer with the Hookers
Darkends

Post by Darkends »

I'm on call that weekend. Going to see if I can swap weeks with someone. So I am a maybe.
pinkdonut666

Post by pinkdonut666 »

as always you can expect me there!
2600K @4.6ghz, 16gb AMD 1600mhz, 2 HD6990's, Maximus IV extreme z68, SB x-fi titanium HD
Shenker10

Post by Shenker10 »

Its probably safe to say you might see me, riskei, and hellrider there.
Hi, My Name Is: Jackson
LAN RIG: FX4100 @4.0 or 3.6, Asus M5A97rev1.0, 550ti, 8gb Kingston, 1tb+500gb 7200rpm cuda's Antec One w/ Blue flashys.

"Im reliably late if that counts for anything"
kryps

Post by kryps »

AlphaDrake wrote: So: thoughts? suggestions? comments? How can we make this year great?
I've been to a lot of lans, and the best ones have always been the ones that 1) are small and/or 2) focused on one game only. But, I can't see that happening at an event like this one.

Not saying it's a bad thing that we aren't like that, with GarageLAN.

In fact, I like the atmosphere of "anything goes" (what we have now); I think it's nice; makes GarageLAN unique and therefore attractive (to attend) in a certain way. Feels more of a vacation that way (more freedom), where I could be just sitting there in a LAN atmosphere and pursuing my own hobbies (such as mapping, or programming), with the option to play a game if I want or not.

But, I can see how this atmosphere can also take away from the potential fun (or greatness) that could be, because everyone is doing their own thing and sticks to themselves, rather everyone grouping together and doing the same thing and following a schedule (e.g. even just going outside and throwing a frisbee; like I saw at the last event). But, meh.

In general, I would like there to be order and management (which we already have); with no uncertainties(such as e.g. "did that guy pay?", which is a question I get asked a lot from the people I bring to the LAN). But, anyways...

I perhaps would ask you to define "great" and describe how it compares to "great" from the year before. What things are you looking for, or things that you felt were missing from the previous lan(s).
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

When I asked Hawk to collect money last HallowLAN there were a number of complaints.

By great I mean everyone has a good time and looks forward to the next one.