Eragon - Saturday Dec 16th.

Title says it all ...
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Not on the North Common...that is to far away!! And who the hell lives there anyways? Or are you just being funny as I think it is not a North Edmonton commons as to being North Edmonton Cinemas...

If it is South COmmon I am in. Call me!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Holy fucking terrible.
Avoid at all costs.
They didn't just take liberties in adapting the book, they re-wrote the whole bloody thing. The book was actually quite good.

Imagine LOTR where Bilbo doesn't exist. Frodo just finds the ring for no reason then decides, "This would look good over my fireplace in Mt Doom. So he goes Straight to Mt Doom without a problem in 20min. Sam has 2 lines of dialogue the entire time and Gandalf is a prick to everyone for no reason at all, after which he keels over from a stroke. Frodo gets to Mt. Doom, Sauron himself comes down and kung fu fights Frodo for the title of Master of the Universe. Frodo puts on the ring of power, which calls down Volrton, who smites Sauron in the peenor with his magic staff. Frodo wins, then hooks up with Arwen at the end of the movie, who isn't and elf, but a hobbit.

THAT is how badly they butchered Eragon with the movie, and I'm not exaggerating much. :P
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

when you say something sucks, I really get wondering if i should go see it. but when ya mentioned kung-fu fight, I can just sense ya could be right
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

To be clear, there was no kung-fu fighting in the movie. I just said that to illustrate the horrible tangent the movie creators took from the original literature the film is *supposedly* based on.

I actually feel kinda bad for young Christopher Paolini. He was probably a little too young to fully understand how badly Hollywood would mutilate his original work when given creative reign.
Axiom

Post by Axiom »

wow... its a good thing I totally forgot about this then...
Live Fast. Die Young. Leave a beautiful corpse.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

but, but...

There were dragons!!

said you...
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

I know. :(
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

North Commons....IS there such a thing as North Commons!!! Either way I was warned by the tardededed one to download if I wanted to watch it. I will take Dolphins comments in as well to decide whether I should bother downloading it!!

SO the dragon sucked eh!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
trythis1

Post by trythis1 »

I blame Rob and his wife for draging me to memoryexpress and other [GL]ers for keeping us there you know who you two are
but sounds like we had more fun then going to a crapy movie
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin
Captain Happy Pants

Post by Captain Happy Pants »

you liked it
When you shower with clothes on it shows your crazy, when you shower nude it shows your nuts.