Sharkwater - Sat March 24th

Title says it all ...
Spyhop

Sharkwater - Sat March 24th

Post by Spyhop »

Sharkwater - The Story

"An eye-opening film...visually stunning... this movie will change the way you see our oceans."
- Bonnie Laufer, Tribute Magazine

For filmmaker Rob Stewart, exploring sharks began as an underwater adventure. What it turned into was a beautiful and dangerous life journey into the balance of life on earth.

Driven by passion fed from a lifelong fascination with sharks, Stewart debunks historical stereotypes and media depictions of sharks as bloodthirsty, man-eating monsters and reveals the reality of sharks as pillars in the evolution of the seas.

Filmed in visually stunning, high definition video, Sharkwater takes you into the most shark rich waters of the world, exposing the exploitation and corruption surrounding the world's shark populations in the marine reserves of Cocos Island, Costa Rica and the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador.

In an effort to protect sharks, Stewart teams up with renegade conservationist Paul Watson of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. Their unbelievable adventure together starts with a battle between the Sea Shepherd and shark poachers in Guatemala, resulting in pirate boat rammings, gunboat chases, mafia espionage, corrupt court systems and attempted murder charges, forcing them to flee for their lives.

Through it all, Stewart discovers these magnificent creatures have gone from predator to prey, and how despite surviving the earth's history of mass extinctions, they could easily be wiped out within a few years due to human greed.

Stewart's remarkable journey of courage and determination changes from a mission to save the world's sharks, into a fight for his life, and that of humankind.
http://www.sharkwater.com

Ocean conservation + Big screen theater = yes please. :)
My hero, Capt. Paul Watson makes appearances in this flick too. Yay!
I'm going to go see this alone if need be...but I figured I'd check to see if anyone would be interested in seeing this as well.
Anyone down? Would likely be at South Common.
Axiom

Post by Axiom »

*crickets chirping*
Live Fast. Die Young. Leave a beautiful corpse.
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

docuhomo?

fuck that!
I was GL!
I am 780!
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

i'm sure if robs truck was amphibious he would drive it in the ocean and rip rooster tales for hours on end.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

rob reminds me of the movie Idiocracy all the time.
It says on your chart you're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.
Clevon is lucky to be alive. He attempted to jump a jet ski from a lake into a swimming pool and impaled his crotch on an iron gate. But thanks to advances in stem cell research and the fine work of Doctors Krenske and Mueller, he should regain full reproductive function again.
There was a time when reading wasn't just for fags. And neither was writing. People wrote books and movies. Movies with stories, that made you care about who's ass it was and why it was farting. And I believe that time can come again!
Comin' up next on The Violence Channel: An all-new "Ow, My Balls!"
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

r337ard is a documentary buff.....maybe he can be tempted.

Big screen documentary greg........you know you wanna. :P
Lucid

Post by Lucid »

what if the sharks eat a dolphin?
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Uh oh... don't get him started on dolphins vs. sharks!
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

:lol:

Sharks eating dolphins happens. It's natural. Sometimes the dolphins kill the shark, sometimes the sharks get a meal. Nature is harsh. :P
Axiom

Post by Axiom »

count me in
Live Fast. Die Young. Leave a beautiful corpse.
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Dolphin wrote:rob reminds me of the movie Idiocracy all the time.
It says on your chart you're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.
Clevon is lucky to be alive. He attempted to jump a jet ski from a lake into a swimming pool and impaled his crotch on an iron gate. But thanks to advances in stem cell research and the fine work of Doctors Krenske and Mueller, he should regain full reproductive function again.
There was a time when reading wasn't just for fags. And neither was writing. People wrote books and movies. Movies with stories, that made you care about who's ass it was and why it was farting. And I believe that time can come again!
Comin' up next on The Violence Channel: An all-new "Ow, My Balls!"
Lol, that's exactly what I thought when I saw his comment.

Vik and I had planned to see it, I'm not sure if it will be a good documentary or another 'Grizzley Man' human drama tho.

It was looking enough like a 'Grizzley Man 2' to warrant a investigative download imo.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Axiom wrote:count me in
Cool cool

And r337....does that mean you and Vic are coming too, or does that mean that you're downloading it?
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

This movie was excellent.
It started off a little weird, with Rob Stewart droning on about ideas that were a little too new-age and not quite scientific enough for me. But it then went into the conservation aspect of the flick very quickly. I was pleased to see that Sea Shepherd actually played a very big role in the film.

I only wish more people would see it. The theater wasn't exactly packed. :(
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

I want to see it as soon as I get time. I posted a whole thread about some cool shark shots and hardly got a bite. I think it was about 6 months ago. I am a scuba diver and so yah, any ocean shows pull me in big time. It started with Jacqes Cousteau years before most of you guys were even born.
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

His son has a very cool show on National Geographic SCETR. You should try and check it out sometime :P
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.