LAN - Farewell to Pete - May 25-26, 2007

Title says it all ...
latency

LAN - Farewell to Pete - May 25-26, 2007

Post by latency »

Hey guys, I know I don't come here much anymore, and some people feel I betrayed a lot of you by leaving .... but I gotta do this for Pete. Pete's been a large part of GL and he's one of the people I respected the most. He always stayed behind to help with clean up and he was always the first to show up to help set things up. He's always playing what everyone else is and LANs wouldn't be the same without him. He deserves a proper farewell LAN. If I would have lurked more, I would have known about lucid and done the same. But I'm glad we can all LAN with Pete one last time before he goes. So anyways. The usual copy and paste mumbo jumbo:

WHAT : Pete requested Classic UT but I'm sure other FPS will also be welcome. Lets balance and create some awesome teams so we can have long lasting ctf matches.

WHY : To say farewell to a long time friend and GLer, PyroPete :P.

WHEN : May 25-26 2007. Starts at 7:00pm Friday, ends at 1:00AM Saturday night. Yes only one night but I need Sunday free.

WHERE : Joe's House - 5113 14A Avenue - Phone 462-6006

COST : $5 (Donations go to the Pete Alcohol and Pizza Foundation)

WHO IS COMING
1 ) Pete
2 ) Latency
3 ) Jo (awaiting confirmation)
4 ) vect0r
5 ) r337ard
6) SneakyBastard
7 ) fitty
8 ) dragonTC
9 ) James
10) JR
11) Gwar
12) Dolphin
13) Captain Happy Pants
14) Zeroumus
15) Mobius
16) Grapes
17) Fibre

Visitors

18) Whyte
19) Timmeh
20) Dragonfire
21) LANShark
22) Kirkia
23) Touque
24) vik
25) Old OA Crew

----------
Standard Rules
----------

Bring a comp, food, money, good gamer attitude.

People will need to bring a chair.

Bring your sleeping amenities (sleeping bag, blow-up matt, and pillow). Sleeping will be on my carpeted basement. I ask that no one use my families couch as I still can't get that smell out from the last person who hijacked it. Everyone must use the carpet, no exceptions.

Tables and anything network related is provided.

----------
Special Rules
----------

1) FPS will be the games of choice. Focus will be on UT CTF and DM.

2) Pete shall be treated like a king (or queen as some would like to think). This means he shall never NOT have a beer/cooler in his hand. He shall not pay for pizza when the time comes for everyone to order.

3) I know this is annoying, but Pete's friends have priority on the list. If we don't fill the list, then first timers are welcome to come.

----------
Other Stuff
----------

I don't know the status of our LAN gear anymore, but I'm hoping we still have all of the LAN cables and tables needed to host a normal sized LAN. I'll also need help bringing the tables over to my place. I assume everything is at Zero's house? Anyways, if you can help in any way, please PM me on the forums or on ICQ (7072788) and MSN (jozsefmihok@hotmail.com).
Last edited by latency on Fri May 25, 2007 6:45 am, edited 19 times in total.
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

IN LIKE FLYNT!

+ki
I was GL!
I am 780!
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

It's pretty safe to put myself, Vik, Fitty and Trevor on the list. But stand by for confirmation.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
lanshark

Post by lanshark »

I don't think I will be gaming but if I am around I will stop by....
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

im on dat shit
dragon_tc

Post by dragon_tc »

yep throw me on :) i will be there no matter what. james i will find something interesting to do to your comp if your gone the whole time :P (if i can actually bring myself to do something like that... )
latency

Post by latency »

awesome. also, no WoW AT ALL at this LAN unless everyone's sleeping. If there is a time when things are really boring ... buck up and organize a LAN game for all to enjoy :).
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Put me down!

And my guild said they'll lend us accounts, so when it get boring, I'll organize a be wow raid... lan style! :P
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

I cannot for I am already set up for a scout outing with the cubs. The annual cubaree. Either way, have a great time guys!!!
Die in an intense laser fire.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Yar!!!
Gwar

Post by Gwar »

I would be interested in attending this lan, great idea!
Captain Happy Pants

Post by Captain Happy Pants »

Sign me up. Gotta give pete a decent send off.
When you shower with clothes on it shows your crazy, when you shower nude it shows your nuts.
SneakyBastard

Post by SneakyBastard »

sign me up but i cant stay the whole time..just like friday night until noon saturday ish
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ill go but ill be gone saturday during the day
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

i will go