Is it just me or is the Garagelan site slow these days

Title says it all ...
Qube

Re: Is it just me or is the Garagelan site slow these days

Post by Qube »

zeroumus wrote:actually, I kinda would rather not take free offers for that exact reason. ( after thinking about it ). but at the same time I am not going to dismiss it either. GL runs for free already on latency's account, and that has worked for years. I think I need to give him a call since he does not seem to log on anymore :(
Do what you'd like, however as I mentioned to kryps - just because I'm a member of the site doesn't mean my company has any less credibility than any other small(er) host out there. Sure, dreamhost is huge - but they're shit. Rackspace is honestly the only really large shared hosting company I'd recommend at this point.

Speaking from 100% experience on this: Shared Hosting is impossible to make money unless you oversell the servers. There is no exception to this rule unless you're paying a decent amount of money. (The sweetspot is over $14/month for LIMITED resources). If you're paying $4,5,6,7,8 etc per month and getting unlimited bandwidth and unlimited this and that - you're on an oversold server (or soon to be oversold). There are zero exceptions to this rule. I lose money on hosting, and I'm fine with that because I make it back in other ways to more than cover it.
previously: vect0r
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

vect0r wrote:
kryps wrote:I recommend you do not take vect0r's offer. The less loose cannon middlemen, the better. If he can give you a server for free, then you can be sure he has the power to take it away.

And perhaps latency can join in here and comment first.

If you do switch, I recommend you get your own account, and go with someone like HostNine. For $4/month, you'll get an unlimited account, on a shared server, with cPanel. If you want unlimited domains, that's $7/month. You can also check out Rackspace Hosting.
Yeah, I'm most definitely known as a loose cannon on these forums. Don't want to host it with some fly-by-night company like mine. All of my servers are backed up nightly, and extremely undersold. There's a two location DNS cluster (Texas and California), with 4 more backup locations in case something was to happen there.

Zero would have his own account. I was just going to provide him with a 100% coupon discount to sign up with, then he could select annual when he creates his account and it's free. Go ahead and check it out: http://www.beyond-digital.net/services/webhosting/ - I've never heard of hostnine so what's the difference between my services and hostnines? You think my servers aren't running cPanel? This is all information you should probably get beforehand. I promise you, I don't make money from my web hosting. It's a service I provide to IT clients and since I do a lot of development myself I can eat the cost of the servers. I am hosting "free" accounts that I setup for friends that I don't talk to anymore since we've switched games, or lost touch, etc. Two of which are from 2005 - and they have never been shut off, or will never be shut off. I had to suspend one of them a couple months ago as they were running a very old version of wordpress which was injected and so I had to suspend it. I gave them the latest backup and they got it up and running, updated or whatever and it's no big deal.

Before going and making baseless assumptions, you may want to take a look at: #1, Your join date versus my join date. #2, My post history (ie your loose cannon comment), #3, maybe ask me a little bit about what I do. Not even sure why I waste my time on people like you.
OH Vector ... you know we still love you .... loose cannon and all!!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Qube

Post by Qube »

Grapeman wrote:
OH Vector ... you know we still love you .... loose cannon and all!!!
I'm going to murder your family and sodomize your dog if you have one. If you don't have one I'll sodomize mine in memory of your family.
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

vect0r wrote:
I'm going to murder your family and sodomize your dog if you have one. If you don't have one I'll sodomize mine in memory of your family.
I sure your dog would simply think 'not again'.....
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
Qube

Post by Qube »

lol
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Qube

Post by Qube »

Aladin was probably one of my fav Disney cartoons. Don't be hatin.
kryps

Post by kryps »

Fair enough. :)