JanLAN

Title says it all ...
pinkdonut666

Re: JanLAN

Post by pinkdonut666 »

AlphaDrake wrote:Yeah you can come early but you have to help set up :P

No setting up your pc's until setup is complete though :P
sure, be glad to help, as long as I can be there.
2600K @4.6ghz, 16gb AMD 1600mhz, 2 HD6990's, Maximus IV extreme z68, SB x-fi titanium HD
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

The Schedule is out and I am working that weekend. :(
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
kryps

Post by kryps »

Grapeman wrote:The Schedule is out and I am working that weekend. :(
You can't request days off? You only hope by fluke what your job schedule says?

lol, how are you supposed to plan anything with anyone when 1) you can't request days off, 2) the schedule is fixed and only posted 2 weeks in advanced, and 3) you're working weekend shifts.

Is Vacation the only time you can request time off?

Sorry, having trouble with this; seems strange that if you give a company 3 months notice to request a weekend, that the company cannot do this for you?; nope?; they NEED you 3 months from now? lol...
Qube

Post by Qube »

kryps wrote:

lol, how are you supposed to plan anything with anyone when 1) you can't request days off, 2) the schedule is fixed and only posted 2 weeks in advanced, and 3) you're working weekend shifts.

Sorry, having trouble with this; seems strange that if you give a company 3 months notice to request a weekend, that the company cannot do this for you?; nope?; they NEED you 3 months from now? lol...

I think you care too much about someone else's life.
previously: vect0r
kryps

Post by kryps »

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ask something that bothers you, vect0r.

I was just asking how he plans for events. Whether the answer be 1) Can't, or 2) Can. Fine with me.

Can't a guy be curious and ask without having you barge in with your poor and unhelpful comment/response?
Last edited by kryps on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Decker

Post by Decker »

kryps wrote:Is that how you see it? I care about Grape's life specifically now? Okay.

Whether it be Grape or someone else, I still would've asked.

You're the guy that got rolled for his shoes at FP, right? Yah. Probably got rolled for a good reason too; you probably gave them a "tough guy" look, and they didn't like that.
Never worked in the oil field, have ya? You have a fixed schedule that you cannot get out of unless you are middle to upper management. There is no one to cover for you as you are constantly short handed from the "grass is greener" mentality and nobody sticking around for more than 3 months. I'm in the same boat as Grapes, I have to use vacation days to book any time off work if my schedule doesn't perfectly line up with an event. And considering I only get 2 full weekends off in a 2 month period, it is very unlikely. At least Grapes has every 2nd weekend off.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
Qube

Post by Qube »

kryps wrote:Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ask something that bothers you, vect0r.

I was just asking how he plans for events. Whether the answer be 1) Can't, or 2) Can. Fine with me.

Can't a guy be curious and ask without having you barge in with your poor and unhelpful comment/response?
No I didn't get rolled for my shoes at FP. I stepped on robbbbbbbbbbb's face at FP though. Almost got rolled for that.

p.s. nice ninja edit. Stand by your typed words, my keyboard warrior.
previously: vect0r
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

kryps wrote:

Nort as strange as you might think when working in the patch. I am attached to a special project far north of Fort McMurray and you can't simply walk away from that for a vacation. My normal shifts allow me to take time off whenever I need to I suppose but during these 3 months I am unable to take a weekend off without great difficulty. I put my request in for the shift but due to my need to be in town for another more important appointment I was unable to line up my shift with this lan weekend.

Darkends

Post by Darkends »

I'll totally cancel my trip to Cuba if at JanLan, Kryps and Vector Wrestle in a inflatable pool of Corn Syrup and settle this like real backwoods type men!!!!
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Darkends wrote:I'll totally cancel my trip to Cuba if at JanLan, Kryps and Vector Wrestle in a inflatable pool of Corn Syrup and settle this like real backwoods type men!!!!
This sounds kind of gay...

pinkdonut666

Post by pinkdonut666 »

Grapeman wrote:
then I'm no the only one thinking that...
2600K @4.6ghz, 16gb AMD 1600mhz, 2 HD6990's, Maximus IV extreme z68, SB x-fi titanium HD
Darkends

Post by Darkends »

Grapeman wrote:
Darkends wrote:I'll totally cancel my trip to Cuba if at JanLan, Kryps and Vector Wrestle in a inflatable pool of Corn Syrup and settle this like real backwoods type men!!!!
Who are you too judge!!!! I'll wrestle you in corn syrup Boy!!!! LOL.

P.S. It was suppose to sound gay cause flame wars on the internet are gay too!!!
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Darkends wrote:
Grapeman wrote:
Who are you too judge!!!! I'll wrestle you in corn syrup Boy!!!! LOL.

P.S. It was suppose to sound gay cause flame wars on the internet are gay too!!!
I will chalk this up as your area of expertise!!! :D

Darkends

Post by Darkends »

Grapeman wrote:
I will chalk this up as your area of expertise!!! :D
You would be right. :D
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

Getting somewhat back on topic...

2 weeks until JanLAN!