Post by zeroumus »

rob[GL] wrote:E6750 = $225
P35 Board = $150
2GB DDR2-800MHz = $150
HD2900XT 512MB / 8800GTS 640MB = $500
320GB HDD = $80
20X DVD/RW = $40
CASE+PSU = $100

Total cost of a whopping $1250... Plus a good monitor, plus speakers, you know the drill...

Like I said, you'd probably have MUCH better luck parting out.

and this is the point of all this, for $1600 you can get this up to date system + the speaker setup and a good sound card

the system your selling is pretty much ready to be sent to raven[AB]
techie2

Post by techie2 »

vect0r wrote:it aint worth 1600 bucks but its definately not a piece of shit by any means.. ideally for the entire package a good deal would be about 1200 bucks for it, and im sure you'll find someone who appreciates the mods...

Unfortunately you taking care of a computer doesnt mean shit to anyone because most people buying used crap will just assume the worst and offer you rock bottom dollar.. Regardless if you, me, or anyone else knows how well you treated it.. But I definately wouldn't take less than $1200 for the package unless it was to a poor friend that could really use it and appreciate it..
1200 bucks wtf! OMG listen to yourself dated hardware has changed there is so much new shit with such lower prices. I have a decent 2nd computer know why it's a 2nd cause i know i can get shit all for it it's at the very least just under this computers speed just barely and i know it's pointless to sell.

lcd's dropped in price SUBSTANTIALLY! i can find a brand new lcd with a warranty for under 250 bucks that's 22 inch widescreen ya ya might not be the same brand I'm just saying that there is no reason to buy used shit unless way below cost or just used a a web serving machine.
Qube

Post by Qube »

techie2 wrote:
vect0r wrote:it aint worth 1600 bucks but its definately not a piece of shit by any means.. ideally for the entire package a good deal would be about 1200 bucks for it, and im sure you'll find someone who appreciates the mods...

Unfortunately you taking care of a computer doesnt mean shit to anyone because most people buying used crap will just assume the worst and offer you rock bottom dollar.. Regardless if you, me, or anyone else knows how well you treated it.. But I definately wouldn't take less than $1200 for the package unless it was to a poor friend that could really use it and appreciate it..
1200 bucks wtf! OMG listen to yourself dated hardware has changed there is so much new shit with such lower prices. I have a decent 2nd computer know why it's a 2nd cause i know i can get shit all for it it's at the very least just under this computers speed just barely and i know it's pointless to sell.

lcd's dropped in price SUBSTANTIALLY! i can find a brand new lcd with a warranty for under 250 bucks that's 22 inch widescreen ya ya might not be the same brand I'm just saying that there is no reason to buy used shit unless way below cost or just used a a web serving machine.
Listen to myself? I typed it, why would I need to do that?

If anyone on this forum knows me, they know that I sell my shit at rediculously low prices when I sell it, I'm the first person to know that I will always sell at a loss.. I'd argue the only person who could compete in the "what used computer parts are worth" game with me would be Rob, and thats only because we buy and sell shit on the newsgroups religiously and they're nazi x 2 on there.

I'm not saying that he will get 1200 from any of us, it would be retarded for any of us to buy that system for 1200.. If he threw it on kijiji.ca or buysell.com with pictures and every little detail down to a T, he could probably easily fetch that type of dollar, he just won't get a quick sale.. Compare that package to what you'll get in best buy for futureshop... It's a good deal (comparison wise) and that is the type of people that will look on kijiji and buysell...

It's not really the system that bumps the price up, it is the monitor and the speakers that kind of do it, mainly because of the fact that even though you can get a decent monitor of large size for cheaper, today's value on that dell monitor is much higher than it actually should be.. and those speakers are worth every god damn penny.. They sound fucking great, and I regret ever selling my set, bang for buck they rock.

At a 2nd closer look I had thought there was 2gb of ram, aswell as I had thought it was an x2 and realize it isn't, and the fact that it isnt a dual core is going to drop the value to a non-informed best buy / futureshop type customer since it's marketed so much, so I'd say your best bet to get top dollar from your system is to find some kid who knows you or one of your friends that wants a good solid system, doesn't know too much about them, and really likes the "bling" look :P Otherwise you'll be looking at fetching closer to $1000 for the package (on the kijiji or bargain finder) just based on the fact that it isnt a dual core..
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

vect0r wrote:
techie2 wrote:

Listen to myself? I typed it, why would I need to do that?

If anyone on this forum knows me, they know that I sell my shit at rediculously low prices when I sell it, I'm the first person to know that I will always sell at a loss.. I'd argue the only person who could compete in the "what used computer parts are worth" game with me would be Rob, and thats only because we buy and sell shit on the newsgroups religiously and they're nazi x 2 on there.

I'm not saying that he will get 1200 from any of us, it would be retarded for any of us to buy that system for 1200.. If he threw it on kijiji.ca or buysell.com with pictures and every little detail down to a T, he could probably easily fetch that type of dollar, he just won't get a quick sale.. Compare that package to what you'll get in best buy for futureshop... It's a good deal (comparison wise) and that is the type of people that will look on kijiji and buysell...

It's not really the system that bumps the price up, it is the monitor and the speakers that kind of do it, mainly because of the fact that even though you can get a decent monitor of large size for cheaper, today's value on that dell monitor is much higher than it actually should be.. and those speakers are worth every god damn penny.. They sound fucking great, and I regret ever selling my set, bang for buck they rock.

At a 2nd closer look I had thought there was 2gb of ram, aswell as I had thought it was an x2 and realize it isn't, and the fact that it isnt a dual core is going to drop the value to a non-informed best buy / futureshop type customer since it's marketed so much, so I'd say your best bet to get top dollar from your system is to find some kid who knows you or one of your friends that wants a good solid system, doesn't know too much about them, and really likes the "bling" look :P Otherwise you'll be looking at fetching closer to $1000 for the package (on the kijiji or bargain finder) just based on the fact that it isnt a dual core..
i bet a sell things cheaper than both of you combined,

for example, sold raven a 3000+ mobo, 512mb, 9800 pro 256 ( with custom passive cooling kit ), large $70 passive cpu heat sink. All for $85.... Hell custom heat sink kits are worth $120 alone

i felt i got more than a fair price on my 36 gig raptor for $40
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

as for the stuff i sold raven, if i did not sell it to him for $85, more than likely it would simply find its way into my storage closet forever
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

Yah, Zero sold me that 7900GT for about 58 bucks. Awesome fukn deal. BTW, thanks Zero, that card rocks.
Die in an intense laser fire.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

SCETR wrote:Yah, Zero sold me that 7900GT for about 58 bucks. Awesome fukn deal. BTW, thanks Zero, that card rocks.
Anything to make a supcom player potentially better
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

zeroumus wrote:
SCETR wrote:Yah, Zero sold me that 7900GT for about 58 bucks. Awesome fukn deal. BTW, thanks Zero, that card rocks.
I'm playing Supcom now. And I think your 27" LCD will make me a much better player. :P
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

Dolphin wrote:
zeroumus wrote:
I'm playing Supcom now. And I think your 27" LCD will make me a much better player. :P
you know, I think it does make you a better player. I feel more "one" with the battle field. probabbly what i am experiencing is the increased resolution, thus more information on the screen

man, just go buy one, they are only $1100
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

^ Big screen envy over here!!
Die in an intense laser fire.