HallowLAN 2K7 - October 26th - 28th, 2007

Title says it all ...
Locus

Post by Locus »

Sorry to go off topic off topic for the moment, but would there be a TV at disposal if I brought my 360 with me, or would it just be best if I left it home?

Also, it's not that I don't want to come, at the last lan, there was maybe 2-3 guys playing wow consistently and the rest played "other shit". It's just when the talk of WoW is in the air people let their hidden feelings for the game resurface and before you know it you have a full blown orgy on your hands. I just don't want to drive all that way to arrive and find people peeling down for some mildly amusing WoW action.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

got HD-DVD addon? maybe we can get some HD movie playing! :)
latency

Post by latency »

Locus wrote:Sorry to go off topic off topic for the moment, but would there be a TV at disposal if I brought my 360 with me, or would it just be best if I left it home?

Also, it's not that I don't want to come, at the last lan, there was maybe 2-3 guys playing wow consistently and the rest played "other shit". It's just when the talk of WoW is in the air people let their hidden feelings for the game resurface and before you know it you have a full blown orgy on your hands. I just don't want to drive all that way to arrive and find people peeling down for some mildly amusing WoW action.
dude, people will play wow and people will play other shit. personally, I'm looking forward to the wow part of it. we will have quite a few guys in the guild at this lan which should make things fun. save your gas money if you don't wanna see wow.

people come to hallowlan for the social aspect. it's an excuse to dress up, play some games, watch some scary movies, have a camp fire, and drink lots of beer.

and no tv ..... unless someone brings one. i will have a newborn baby and am not really encouraging activities in the house (where the TV is).
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Most of the LCD's are HD source capable... Component/HDMI/DVI.
I say bring it, and if you don't have the HD-DVD addon, I will bring that... and I say we watch Dawn of the Dead 2004 on HD-DVD!! :)
TFG

Post by TFG »

You better have the firepit going...!!! And Beer
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Since I know there are a few people who have these at their disposal, perhaps someone with a small media center that's HD capable and someone with a decent projector could make that movie night a much better experience.
Rather than trying to watch some HD movies on someones monitor, we could watch them projected against the front door of Joe's garage (for example). :P Wouldn't be the best picture, but it would be better than watching a monitor from 7 or 8 feet away.... Unless it was Zero's mega monitor :P

That would also enable movie night to stay out of the house where it would disturb Amy and the kids, out of the garage where it would probably be hard to view and annoying to anyone who's actually lanning, and away from the fire where it would probably be hard to view. Also, anyone who wanted to play Wii / XBOX could be do so in peace and away from the LAN.

Also, I don't think WOW has been a problem at any event where everybody bitched and moaned about how WOW would ruin it. There are times when the one guy awake who isn't playing WOW might have nothing to do, but it's not everyone else's job to entertain you. Find something to do, or go to bed. During the day there's usually half a dozen people who will be doing something other than what most are doing (usually WOW) but there's just no way those people are 'ruining' the lan.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
latency

Post by latency »

TFG wrote:You better have the firepit going...!!! And Beer
BYOB! But I will def have a fire. regardless of how cold it is, it'll just have to be BIGGER :).
latency

Post by latency »

And locus. I'm not trying to be rude about the WoW thing. I understand how you feel because I was one of the last guys to start playing wow. When I saw it played at lans i was mostly pissed because I couldn't play what everyone else was playing and it was kinda waste for me to even attend the LANs. So yeah, I totally understand if you don't wanna attend.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

r337ard wrote:Since I know there are a few people who have these at their disposal, perhaps someone with a small media center that's HD capable and someone with a decent projector could make that movie night a much better experience.
Rather than trying to watch some HD movies on someones monitor, we could watch them projected against the front door of Joe's garage (for example). :P Wouldn't be the best picture, but it would be better than watching a monitor from 7 or 8 feet away.... Unless it was Zero's mega monitor :P

That would also enable movie night to stay out of the house where it would disturb Amy and the kids, out of the garage where it would probably be hard to view and annoying to anyone who's actually lanning, and away from the fire where it would probably be hard to view. Also, anyone who wanted to play Wii / XBOX could be do so in peace and away from the LAN.

Also, I don't think WOW has been a problem at any event where everybody bitched and moaned about how WOW would ruin it. There are times when the one guy awake who isn't playing WOW might have nothing to do, but it's not everyone else's job to entertain you. Find something to do, or go to bed. During the day there's usually half a dozen people who will be doing something other than what most are doing (usually WOW) but there's just no way those people are 'ruining' the lan.

i will set up my MEGa monitor in a place that will allow viewingby as much people as possible, just in case it comes down to using it
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

latency wrote:And locus. I'm not trying to be rude about the WoW thing. I understand how you feel because I was one of the last guys to start playing wow. When I saw it played at lans i was mostly pissed because I couldn't play what everyone else was playing and it was kinda waste for me to even attend the LANs. So yeah, I totally understand if you don't wanna attend.
My big gripe with WoW at lans is it's just such mediocre fun compared to some other games we could otherwise be playing. People just play it because they're that's all they're used to playing now, it's familiar, and they have a hard time stopping. WoW is a long-time commitment and it eats up far too much valuable lan time. We only have 48 hours.

I come to lans now to play games I don't otherwise get much opportunity to play with friends anymore, and to be exposed to new games I haven't yet had the opportunity to play. WoW just consumes lans and it's not nearly as fun. I understand it's appeal, but it's a long-term time investment, a lan isn't.
latency

Post by latency »

True. I then need to buy a new vid card, cause all the cool new games you guys were playing at the lan, I couldn't run. So there ya go, everyone pay your lan fee so I can upgrade to a 8800GT.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

rainbow 6 is gonna run like shit no matter what hardware you trough at it

Neanderthal prodution that is. Input Get legs lagged by about 500 msec if the res is even remotely hi. total nigger garbage. Evendence of entry level programers polling IO devices instead of using event based IO programming. Hell old DOS programmers would have set up a software Intrupt for christs sakes

Then there is quality programming like supreme commander, sure it gets lagged when to much is going on, but the user interface dont lag. QUALITY!
Peccavi

Post by Peccavi »

Why would R6 run like shit?

It runs perfect for me at maxx'd resolutions/graphic settings.. never had any problems with it

i'm only ona 4600+ and 2x7900GTs
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Peccavi wrote:Why would R6 run like shit?

It runs perfect for me at maxx'd resolutions/graphic settings.. never had any problems with it

zero sees (or imagines :P) things in games most people don't. He swore for the longest time he could detect the latency difference in wireless RF mice. The rest of us just think he's a crotchety old man who doesn't like anything unless it's been around for at least 5 years. :lol:
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

Dolphin wrote:
Peccavi wrote:Why would R6 run like shit?

zero sees (or imagines :P) things in games most people don't. He swore for the longest time he could detect the latency difference in wireless RF mice. The rest of us just think he's a crotchety old man who doesn't like anything unless it's been around for at least 5 years. :lol:

WRONG

thats was blood and iron

The realality on this is the RF delay was that it was only signicant on early mice, its not an issue anymore. For exmaple, the G7 has no noticable isssues with this. The MX700 did
Last edited by zeroumus on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.