SCETR

Post by SCETR »

OK, I FOUND IT. SFGG had their lans here at

Casewraps / Sfgg Lanwrap
Games Played: UT
8720 - 130 A AVE KILLARNEY HALL
Edmonton, Alberta http://www.casewr
CSS, BF1942:DC, Halo, DOD

The hall had to beef up the power big time (like it cost them thousands to do it) to be able to host the lans so it is all ready to go.

I don't know if they will host our lan or what it would cost. The last time I was there one guy busted up a door and it cost him $400 to fix it.

But... I heard they had lan parties after that so there you go. It's worth a shot.
Die in an intense laser fire.
Scald

Post by Scald »

fuck I could WALK over there
latency

Post by latency »

Scald wrote:fuck I could WALK over there
and 90% of the other lanners would have to trek it half way across the city :P.
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

rob[GL] wrote:
latency wrote:
rob[GL] wrote:Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Why does it say (Blood Reign) beside my name? Am I being forced into playing WoW?
was a joke :") arrrr
Hehehehehe

Considering the lan is only ~46 hours if somebody had one of those 10-day trials... I could install the game with borrowed cd's and use the trial code?
Or just download it off worldofwarcraft.com. They give trials to anyone, and it takes FOREVER to install from all the disks and patch at a LAN, if you really wanted to try it you should download it beforehand.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Peccavi

Post by Peccavi »

that hall is pretty close to me too >.<
SCETR

Post by SCETR »

Me too, I am in the North, but then again I'm not going to Hallowlan :(
Die in an intense laser fire.
Peccavi

Post by Peccavi »

P.S. I hope everyone has Enemy Territory: Quake Wars beta or full if its out yet.. by then :D

The beta is fun :D

ALSO the Crysis demo will be out!!!!!
ratton

Post by ratton »

latency wrote:
so, is that way you guy didint want to go to the lan in leduc?
latency

Post by latency »

ratton wrote:
latency wrote:
so, is that way you guy didint want to go to the lan in leduc?
huh?
Locus

Post by Locus »

I have to be very honest, if this lan is going to turn into a wow-cluster fuck I'd like to know right now so I save some gas. I stopped playing that game 2 years ago because it's lame with a capital L.

Besides, Team Fortress 2 should be out by then, and as Peccavi noted, Quake Wars. No lan should ever have to turn to some lame ass dungeon crawler to occupy the the weekend. We goto lans to not play those games.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Looks like the non-WoW players are outnumbering the WoW players 2 to 1 at least. As I said, I make sure WoW is off my system before I go to a lan now. I agree that WoW is a lan-killer (unless it's specifically a WoW lan). But far be it for me to tell everyone else what they should be playing at a lan.

For the most part I don't expect much WoW trouble. There's a few people who can't let go of the game who will be playing it all weekend, but I know a larger part of the WoW players on that list will play other games as well.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

Things are turing into dungeon crawlers cuz the FPS games today blow. Hell, the wow engine performs better that pretty much any FPS engine today, thats how bad it has gotten

I look at WOW lans as actually an opprutunity to actually do something organized in the game that normally you could not do online. there must be some city we could over run, or some area we could dominate and piss off the other faction

i dont think there will be that much WOW are hollowlan, thats just been an un-written rule on hollowlan
Locus

Post by Locus »

zeroumus wrote:Things are turing into dungeon crawlers cuz the FPS games today blow. Hell, the wow engine performs better that pretty much any FPS engine today, thats how bad it has gotten
The only reason the "wow" engine runs so well is because it's based on the old warcraft 3 engine. And yeah, I know you have a hatred for any shooter that may have appeared on a console but the Unreal 3 engine, as seen in Rainbox Six: Vegas and Bioshock, when handled properly (which they are and have been) produce unusually awesome visuals and gameplay without a beast of a rig to run them.
dragon_tc

Post by dragon_tc »

Fact is if you don't like it you don't have to come and also its not like your being forced to play it. Its not like WOW is gonna be the only game played. like Dolphin said the non-wow players out number the wow players so they will be playing something else.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Dolphin wrote:Looks like the non-WoW players are outnumbering the WoW players 2 to 1 at least. well.
Lets see... 24 seats on the list... so unless I missing another list somewhere.
Of that 24... 11, and I may not know that one of the few that I am not familiar with may play... say could be 12.

Looks more like 1:1