HallowLAN 2K7 - October 26th - 28th, 2007

Title says it all ...
Latency

Post by Latency »

Dolphin wrote:
Latency wrote:techie didn't piss off all of GL. he still has friends here
That's exactly what I was trying to ask. I wasn't sure.
you weren't sure? you know as much as I do. we both frequent the forums and know this fact. now lets stop talking about him, please :).
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Right. I wasn't sure.
Train of thought went like this.

-techie coming to lan
-Dolphin thinks, "I thought he told GL to eat shit and die?" *obvious paraphrase*
-Dolphin asks, "he still cool with some people?" as diplomatically as he can
-Mobius sez, "I judge you!"
-Dolphin sez, "nuh-uh, I judge you!"
-rob sez, "pay attention to me!"
-Dolphin pays attention to rob

But you're right. Done talking about techie
kirika

Post by kirika »

I think Whyte and I (maybe Kal too) may pop by on friday to visit. Both have midterms all week and could use some down time with the GL crew.
AMD Phenom II 955
Sapphire Radeon HD4890
Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-UD5P
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Everytime someone unzips and pisses on the whole of GL collectively, you deem it necessary jump on the grenade GL inevitably throws back.
Point proven.

You think you speak for GL collectively, the only reason techie left in such a huff is your malice, just like the malice you have for Robbbbbbbbbb, you need to fucking check yourself.
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Mobius wrote:Point proven.

You think you speak for GL collectively, the only reason techie left in such a huff is your malice, just like the malice you have for Robbbbbbbbbb, you need to fucking check yourself.
Fuck off you sanctimonious asshole. I never once claimed to speak for GL or even tried to imply it, and nowhere in my previous post was it even evident. You're the only one suggesting it's so because you have some fucking long-term bug up your ass about me due to my clash with your friend rob. rob's a big boy, he can stick up for himself. He doesn't need you to poke and prod at me like some high-school shithead on his behlaf. Grow up. techie never left in a huff, he refused to do so despite the retribution (which he fucking deserved) he was facing by a large number of people here, not only me. And that's not me speaking for GL, that's plain-as-day fact. He was fucking deleted from these boards. A move which, while I supported, had absolutely nothing to do with me. So point your displaced aggression elsewhere you angsty little shit.

Your "check yourself" comment only proves that you practice the very behavior you accuse me of you snotty arrogant cock. You think it's up to you to police these forums based on your own beliefs on how it should be run. Check YOURSELF you fucking hypocrite.

I rarely really get angry on these forums anymore. I wasn't even angry at techie, I just thought he was a douche. An opinion of which you're crazy if you feel he didn't earn. But you are now pissing me off. You've been trying for months to pick a fight with me. Well, now you've got one.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

You're mad because you know its true, and yes I like to police the forums from stupid behavior such as Elitism, people trying to drive other people off the forums cause they don't like them, or they are not up to snuff in thier books.

Its not my problem you think this is some sort of democracy where you can vote somone off the island by suggesting that the majority of people dislike them or do not want to see them around, there is no political system in place here.

Your initial post which started this was basically, it was pretty audacious of you to say in this thread about techie what you did, and honestly expect that to be the last of it, especially with me around.

Because you have a bad habit of propagandizing social views towards people, especially when the odds are in your favor.

And propaganda = bullshit

Again I stress that Techie is not a bad guy, but it seems if you had your way we'd all have pictures of him on our dartboard.

I wish I could communicate to you why what you're doing is detrimental in my opinion to the social fabric of our little community without being a dickhead but its hard, i tend to shoot from the hip, sorry for getting you mad, i hope this post is a better way of explaining what exactly i mean when i tell you that you need to check yourself.

maybe im a bit of a sadist and i like to goad people but my intention is good, and i dont want to burn bridges.
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

i just want this to be a community where no-one feels unwelcome because others deem it fit to make them feel that way, i want people to see GL as a group of people who are tolerant to the faults of others, cause we all have our faults, we don't need to concentrate on how the forums could be better, if only "so and so" wasnt a member.

i know that sounds flowery and maybe gay but, whatever, Dolphin, if you had your way alot of people would be gone from these forums, and im the same way, but actually, zero pointed something out to me a few months ago about GL that made me think, no matter how much exception i take to your behavior towards other you are just as welcome in my opinion on GL as i am, and thats how it should be, thats why he's the admin of the forums and not you or I.

we are all equals here, thats the beauty of the internet, were all lines of text communicating our thoughts without imagery or presentation.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Mobius wrote:I wish I could communicate to you why what you're doing is detrimental in my opinion to the social fabric of our little community without being a dickhead but its hard
I probably would have been more open to this had you approached me and just communicated that clearly. When you post an adversarial comment slathered thick with sarcasm, communication kinda gets chucked out the window.

That said, I apologize if what I asked about techie was construed as propagandism on my part. I was in no way trying to influence anyone's views on this person and, honestly, do you really think anyone in GL could even be influenced in such a way, especially by me? I really was under the impression the techie had alienated a large chunk of GL with the exception of maybe a few people which is why I had asked in the first place. I wasn't trying to speak for GL. It's just that my last memories of techie were of him yelling and screaming and trying to offend GL as a whole and when I heard he was coming to the lan I just wasn't sure why as I figured he had made it pretty clear that he wasn't fond of most of us (and vice versa for many people). But I wasn't lying when I said I was only curious and I really didn't care if he came. He's pretty quiet at lans and I don't interact with him much anyway.

I tried to ask as diplomatically as I could. As everyone here knows, though, I have the social delicacy of a tourette's syndrome patient at a funeral so I probably didn't convey what I was thinking very well and I apologize. I probably just shouldn't have asked.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Maybe, I dono, you were entitled to asking the question yeah, but there are times when one must just let it slide/let it go. I probably should have done the latter but you and I are cut from the same jib in that respect.

i wont ever endorse a mob rule and there have been a few times when mob rule was rampant on here and, that is basically when people leave the boards and there is a long period of social awkwardness

and fuck it is late
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Mobius wrote:Dolphin, if you had your way alot of people would be gone from these forums,
I know you probably won't believe this, but not really. The only people I think are ban-worthy are those like BlackHat, who's sole reason for existence here was to fight. I filed techie under the same category once he started with the "fuck you and your clique".

But not getting along with a few people is no grounds in my eyes to chuck someone off the boards. I wouldn't b7 rob today, for example, just because he and I don't get along a lot.

I see GL like this......imagine a huge group a friends and we're all out for a beer. While a few members of our group aren't crazy about a few others, it's generally a close group and we have fun. We're out for beers one night at a giant table and some drunk comes along and starts calling us all bunch of fucking assholes and starts pissing on the table. Would we say, "oh well, he has a right to be here" or would we say, "hey shithead, take a hike"?

That's kinda how I think when the BlackHat's come along. Not getting along with a few people? It happens. Telling the community as a whole to collectively go fuck ourselves....why are they here?
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Blah. Need sleep. Sorry for the Dharma.
Latency

Post by Latency »

nice, the typical mobius throwing out the bait, the hungry little dolphin (normally me) taking it, and then the usual 69 afterwards. damn you mob.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Latency

Post by Latency »

Mobius wrote:i just want this to be a community where no-one feels unwelcome because others deem it fit to make them feel that way, i want people to see GL as a group of people who are tolerant to the faults of others, cause we all have our faults, we don't need to concentrate on how the forums could be better, if only "so and so" wasnt a member.
our unofficial motto is "if you can't handle rob, you ain't right for this place". is this right? i never see you harp on him though. quite a few new people have been driven away before we've even had the chance to know them. don't get me wrong, I agree with almost all you said in your previous posts, but you can't only blame dolphin. you can blame more than half of GL for this Eliteism thing you speak of, even yourself.

P.S. - rob HAS gotten better in recent history though.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

The max level I thin I can be for the WOW activities is 54, i dunno is thats going ot be any good for anything, but thes best i could do
Latency

Post by Latency »

the minimum for burning crusade stuff is 58 but there is lots of PVP we can do I am sure. 54 ain't bad at all, especially if we raid low level towns like southshore and duskwood. duskwood would be a fun one for hallowlan.