HallowLAN 2006

Title says it all ...
Decker

Post by Decker »

Lucid wrote:
Gomer wrote:
r337ard wrote:
Gomer wrote:I can't find 2 pieces to my costume and it's pissing me off. I must find a hanging skeleton with individually moving fingers (not animatronic), the other piece is a little easier than that. But it's got to be adult sized. If anyone can give me advice on where I could get it before the LAN, I will be very grateful. I've tried Millenium, San Fransisco, and Spencers Gifts in West Ed. I also tried a bunch of random dollar stores I've come across in my travels.
So. What is the second thing?
What does it matter what the 2nd piece is. Plus you'll find out when you see me at the LAN. But I'm still looking for suggestions for the skeleton with the individual fingers (not melted or molded together). I'm going shopping today for it so any suggestions would be loved by me. please and thank you.
He was asking because you seemed to be soliciting our advice on where to find said items, but didn't specify the second item.
I see now. When I posted those I hadn't slept in like 4 days so I was quite delirious. But yeah I guess nobody has any suggestions. Guess I'll just wander around randomly and hope.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

Nobody has any suggestions, cause you still haven't specified the second item!! :)
kid652

Post by kid652 »

HEY!!!! I have good news... My Pc is Finally working with over 1TB of Space! Anyway, I have read the posts since the last time I was on here, and I have a few things to say.

1) I can bring the 6 foot table, and the desk whenever you need them( it would be easier to show up at like 8:45, and bring them, but any time is good)

2) I can bring a projector if you need to. Just be sure to tell me that you need it before friday.

Other questions that I have:

Please tell me that you are not going to put a limit on the wattage of the power supply. Because I can barely run my comp with a 600....

Secondly, would it be possible to show up with a 4 monitor array?..... Please don't kick me out for asking that, but at least I asked before I showed up with it....

I am looking forward to this LAN in only 2 more days!
Keith 'Kid652' Maceyocski

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
SneakyBastard

Post by SneakyBastard »

is there any possible way to fit 27 i feel left out.. ill only be going friday nite and saturday morning il still pay full price.. :?:
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

don't take this as an yes answer, but im gonna say that someone isn't going to show
punqewe wrote:could be worse...I mean you have to almost be psychic to figure out what Fiber's posts are. lol
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

-1) I can bring the 6 foot table, and the desk whenever you need them( it -would be easier to show up at like 8:45, and bring them, but any time is -good)

does that mean 8:45 am, if so, I can do that no problem

-Please tell me that you are not going to put a limit on the wattage of the -power supply. Because I can barely run my comp with a 600....

********* to be clear, there will be no banning of PS units during this lan. just hints of a stoning if things go wrong**********

If this is true... You can not run your comp with less that 600, then this is becoming truly a dangerous trend. You can come, but you will create power problems and if there is not enough power to go around, people are goning to pick on you first. if everyone brings a system that requires 600 watts continpous, there will be no more large house ans in the future. you guys who are doing this will have make a comp for lan purposes, if you fail to do this lans will simply get problematic

the thing ya need to understand is, a standard household breaker normally only provides 1800 watts of power, if your comp really needs 600 watts, then only 3 of you can run such a system on a breaker. 2 of your systems is almost as power hungry as the space heater people sometimes try to use at lans that ALWAYS trips the breaker. you also consume up to 5 amps of power, your typical house+garage only gets 100 amp of power, so a hosue can only run 10-15 of your systems ( some power goes to other things in the house)

now to be honest, your system unlikly consumes 5 amps/600 watts of power for real, it's probabbly alot lower than that, but i am just trying to make people aware that this will become and issue if we keep epeening on power supplies ( with hardware to back it up ). i suspect alot of people have PS units that are grossly overpowered, the good thing in this case is these power supplies only suck what they need. I am gonna take the safe assumption that almost all of use fall into this category.

but your claiming YOU NEED IT to run without crashing, and this is bad news for lanning

*** I can not possibly plan power distro at a lan based on 5 amp machines to 100% accuracy ****

-Secondly, would it be possible to show up with a 4 monitor array?..... -Please don't kick me out for asking that, but at least I asked before I -showed up with it....
yes you should be kicked for this, and I really do not get the impression this is sarcasim.
Last edited by zeroumus on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

SneakyBastard wrote:is there any possible way to fit 27 i feel left out.. ill only be going friday nite and saturday morning il still pay full price.. :?:

if you are stefan on the list on page 1, you can come. but thats the absolute max, if your not, sorry

The list in the orginal post is final up to #27
SneakyBastard

Post by SneakyBastard »

im stefan # 27
SneakyBastard

Post by SneakyBastard »

is there any other stefanes?
SneakyBastard

Post by SneakyBastard »

and thanks for allowing me in :)
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

i was always gonna let ya in

but now thats it., even if people drop, there will be no more adds

ya must reliaze though, your gonna have to take a closet seat, and if possible, bring a small personal desk and chair
kid652

Post by kid652 »

I dunno, A closet sounds pretty cool!
Keith 'Kid652' Maceyocski

Kid652@gmail.com
penguinkm@hotmail.com
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

Fuck, I'm so pumped for this LAN!

My computer has a 700W power supply, and while it probably does not NEED 700W, I felt that 700W what a good ceiling due to the Crossfire setup. I am sure that under intense load the demand from the CPU + 2 gpu's could easily spike to 700W. The system probably only uses 500-600W continually while gaming... Sitting at the desktop probably no more than 300W.

Even heavy LAN gaming, (and I mostly only play UT2004) is not hard on a system. FEAR is probably the most intense game I have loaded, and it's nowhere near the power draw of say... 3DMARK 2006.

And just because of the impending power problems, I pledge to not loop 3DMARK at this LAN... Not even once.

UNLESS THERE IS SOMEBODY WHO ATTENDS THE LAN AND REQUESTS TO SEE IT.

Believe it or not there are probably still some GL'ers who haven't seen my MDG computer.
latency

Post by latency »

Here we go. I sense another 3dmark loop lan.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

3dmark = B7