HallowLAN 2006

Title says it all ...
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

kid652 wrote:Secondly, would it be possible to show up with a 4 monitor array?..... Please don't kick me out for asking that, but at least I asked before I showed up with it....

I am looking forward to this LAN in only 2 more days!
There is no way you should bring 4 monitors to a LAN. Both for the space restrictions and power. An easy way to make sure there are no problems is to limit each breaker to 10-12 devices, that generally worked well back in the day when basically everyone had a CRT and 300/400w PSU. Taking 4 monitors means you're taking another person's spot, more or less, in both power consumption and space. To be blunt, we'd rather have another lanner then have you bring 4 monitors for Lord knows what reason.

Nowadays with the lower power consumption of our LCD monitors (which almost everyone has) you would think we could run upwards of 8-9 people on a breaker. But no, the PC's power use has almost doubled in the time I've been lanning. My PC doesn't even turn properly on with my 350w and no hard drives, I'm probably using 400w to 425w right now under load.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
PyroPete

Post by PyroPete »

Rob, I challenge you to a 3DMarkOff. Its kinda like jerking off but with epeens.
After all is said and done, more is said than done. - Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC)
latency

Post by latency »

can we ban 3dmark from this lan ?
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

latency wrote:can we ban 3dmark from this lan ?
Seconded
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Dolphin wrote:
latency wrote:can we ban 3dmark from this lan ?
Seconded
Motion passed.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
latency

Post by latency »

k, what will the punishment be for the bastard that runs 3dmark? something not too harsh, but harsh enough to deter them.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Offenders must listen to a recording of Sean Jones from Spence commercials on repeat for the rest of the lan. :twisted:
latency

Post by latency »

Hmm, that was a joke. I am serious :).
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Offenders will be tied up while we play with their gpedit.msc :P
Scald

Post by Scald »

duct tape them to the chair while forcing them to wear headphones while listening to the meatspin song repeated over and over and over until they go insane :twisted:
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

offenders should be teabagged by the rest who did not offend.
Lucid

Post by Lucid »

latency wrote:k, what will the punishment be for the bastard that runs 3dmark? something not too harsh, but harsh enough to deter them.
They get to sit down with me for a 30 min demo of why the Mac is awesome.
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

latency wrote:k, what will the punishment be for the bastard that runs 3dmark? something not too harsh, but harsh enough to deter them.
Make em sleep between Chad and Raven??
Last edited by r337ard on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PyroPete

Post by PyroPete »

They get to sit down with me for a 30 min demo of why the Mac is awesome.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
After all is said and done, more is said than done. - Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC)
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

r337ard wrote:Make em sleep nekkid between Chad and Raven??
fixed