Spyhop

Re: GarageLAN 2009 - April 3rd-5th

Post by Spyhop »

zeroumus wrote:
Dolphin wrote:So, how come no beer? :(

Hall rule?

FAIL!

re-read post 1
K, I re-read post 1. I don't know what you're getting at though. I know Joe basically said hide it, I get that. I'm asking why we have to be covert in the first place.
Latency

Post by Latency »

zeroumus wrote:you did not add poor Id10T
you are right. thanks :)
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

You need a liquor license to have suds on the premises. No license can mean problems like potentially being evicted from the hall; remember the cops did show up to Devonlan because some busybodies in the neighborhood thought 50 'teens' couldn't be up to good.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

I think a liquor license is only required to sell booze isn't it?
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

a liquor license is only required if the host plans to provide or sell booze. Mind you if booze is going to be on the premises then the assumption is that the host provided it as he is responsible for the hall. Officially no booze can be in the hall.

I made some recommendations to Joe about the booze situation so I will see what he says about that.
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

http://www.aglc.gov.ab.ca/licences/specialevents.asp

Types of special event licences for private functions
A Private non-sale licence allows the licence holder to provide liquor to invited guests free of charge. Private non-sale licences can be obtained only by:
  • Not–for-profit or charitable organizations
  • Adults organizing family functions such as wedding receptions and family reunions
  • and Business/companies.
Still need a license, might not cost anything tho. Hall rules apply too, often they discourage alcohol if they don't outright bar it.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

r337ard wrote:
http://www.aglc.gov.ab.ca/licences/specialevents.asp

Types of special event licences for private functions
A Private non-sale licence allows the licence holder to provide liquor to invited guests free of charge. Private non-sale licences can be obtained only by:
  • Not–for-profit or charitable organizations
  • Adults organizing family functions such as wedding receptions and family reunions
  • and Business/companies.
Still need a license, might not cost anything tho. Hall rules apply too, often they discourage alcohol if they don't outright bar it.
Yeah, that law only applies if the host is providing the liquor, as Chad mentioned. It says nothing about BYOB
Disclaimer: Not at all trying to make an issue out of it. It's not a big deal. I was only curious. :)
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

$20 for license to sell liquor
$15 for license to have liquor or to give liquor away for free I believe

Those were the prices when I worked at a liquorstore anyways
dragon_tc

Post by dragon_tc »

ok wow lots of people posting today so nvm :P
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

Please add VivaDiva, my wife RTS player
My Color is Black
I value power, ambition, and darkness. I love power at any cost and am a corrupting influence on those around me. At my best I am resourceful and unashamed. at my worst, I am parasitic and amoral. My symbol is a skull, my color is black.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

in regards to liquor... would have to make sure no minors are there as well, even with the license
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

Oh and as in regards to snoring I plan to camp out in the middle of the floor with a mic and loudspeaker taped to my hat while I snooze away!!! This should deter any more prejudice against our audibly challenged sleepers!!!

SNORERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! *nap time!!
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

Grapeman wrote:Oh and as in regards to snoring I plan to camp out in the middle of the floor with a mic and loudspeaker taped to my hat while I snooze away!!! This should deter any more prejudice against our audibly challenged sleepers!!!

SNORERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! *nap time!!

[SNORE]Grapeman
[SNORE]Ravenclaw
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

I intend to bring a TF2 server, and fill the NAS's with leech friendly stuff and stuff needed without internet.

the TF2 server will just be a Default settings server, normal respawn, popular maps, no circus crap, auto balancer inforced after delta=2. My server was pretty popular at frag until the machine crapped out half way through. I will try to avoid goofed up hardware this time round.

The Gigabit switch will be offered, but might i suggest you look into iD10T's gear. It can handle heavy loads alot better than the GL gear despite being 100bT.
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
trythis1

Post by trythis1 »

you can put me on the list
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin