Monitor for sale... any reasonable offer

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

Veii

Monitor for sale... any reasonable offer

Post by Veii »

hey guys, i'm looking to get rid of my old NEC Multisync FE791SB 17" monitor, i'm thinking any reasonable offer ($25?)+ you cart it away. I'm looking to get rid of it cause it takes up a lot of space.

let me know if anyone is interested.
Inkmasta

Re: Monitor for sale... any reasonable offer

Post by Inkmasta »

I'll take it off your hands... could always use a extra around the house
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

Bummer... Had I know there were people out there who still used these things, I would have made a post on here, we just loaded up a U-haul truck full of them (from one of our corporate clients who all upgraded to 19" LCDs) and took them to the dump...
I was GL!
I am 780!
Latency

Post by Latency »

Why didn't they take them to the eco station? Not getting Greenpeace on your ass, just curious.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

Latency wrote:Why didn't they take them to the eco station? Not getting Greenpeace on your ass, just curious.
When I said dump, I meant ecostation, they were recycled... I didn't actually drop them off, I loaded them into the truck and the boss took them away, I stayed to setup the new terminal server...

I figured they were the same place?
I was GL!
I am 780!
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

rob[GL] wrote:Bummer... Had I know there were people out there who still used these things, I would have made a post on here, we just loaded up a U-haul truck full of them (from one of our corporate clients who all upgraded to 19" LCDs) and took them to the dump...
Nice and green of you guys.

There is recycling for those.
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

JohnyRico wrote:
rob[GL] wrote:Bummer... Had I know there were people out there who still used these things, I would have made a post on here, we just loaded up a U-haul truck full of them (from one of our corporate clients who all upgraded to 19" LCDs) and took them to the dump...
Nice and green of you guys.

There is recycling for those.
Obviously you didn't read the second post.
I was GL!
I am 780!
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Besides, it costs money to go to the dump and it's free to go to the ecostation. That's a no brainer. We have a bunch of CRTs at the shop we're going to need to do the same thing to in the near future.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Inkmasta

Post by Inkmasta »

lol
Rob I still use the monitor I bought from you... However now that I"m trying to resarrect my old PC ways... I'm getting a 22 inch widescreen sometime soon... Now to pick one that's decent... any suggestions? It goes through the company after I do some work for them, but it wont take long to make another 300-400$ extra.. I'm thinking a new LCD and putting some down towards my new speaker setup... BOSE 5.1's Sounded bloody amazing.. so I think I'm going to go that route
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

Inkmasta wrote:lol
Rob I still use the monitor I bought from you... However now that I"m trying to resarrect my old PC ways... I'm getting a 22 inch widescreen sometime soon... Now to pick one that's decent... any suggestions? It goes through the company after I do some work for them, but it wont take long to make another 300-400$ extra.. I'm thinking a new LCD and putting some down towards my new speaker setup... BOSE 5.1's Sounded bloody amazing.. so I think I'm going to go that route
Viewsonic makes a freakin' amazing 22" wide... For $249.00
I was GL!
I am 780!
Inkmasta

Post by Inkmasta »

that's not too bad...
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Might I recommend looking at the Samsung 226BW, it's an amazing monitor. MFR# LS22MEHSFV/XAA
It's not the cheapest one you'll find but it's by far the nicest I've seen.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Inkmasta

Post by Inkmasta »

that's a nice looking monitor
Well it'll take me a month or two to get enough but i'm willing to wait...