Dark fall

Title says it all ...
ID10T

Re: Dark fall

Post by ID10T »

My opinions only
1. Graphics, I really like the graphics, they are great, I have the settings set to high, I have a ATI 4870 1GB, 9550 quad 2.93Ghz and 4GB of ram and it seems to handle great, only been in a 30 man -ish battle got rapped good hehehe, I am still really low
2. I like the detail of the world; it is not bare as people lead on, now I am a Orc so I can’t speak about the rest of the world, lots of mobs easy to kill for the most part. Can get killed if they gang up on you, TIP never let your stamina go below 50%. Sprinting away is a life saver!
3. Fighting is good, but I do find when you PVPing it turns into a tactical fight on who can hit the other persons back for extra damage. Spell and blood splatter is great, haven’t seen any decapitations yet hehehe
4. You can solo, around I have only been ganked once so far, lost all my stuff, but not really a big deal for the most part you get lots of gear off the mobs, the drop rate of items is very good and the cash is very easy to get. Gold is really a non issue at this point.
5. Paranoid, I am constantly looking around making sure I am not about to get ganked, I like the good stress it brings as it keeps you moving and looking. Travel in packs it helps and use VENT or something like it. It really brings a lot of sound to your game one vent, pending if you like that kind of stuff.

Dislikes

1. It would be nice to get a Auction house, but maybe that is my wow mentality coming out, I just find it convenient, I know I never the spam in Guild Wars AH all the way!!!
2. I know there are quests in the game but you have to talk to every NPC to find out if there are any. You should do quest as you get items for free when you turn them in. like a mine pick and knife and so on. It is just my person dislike.
3. Being forced to travel in packs as the PK’er are everywhere, I can’t tell you how many times you see like 3 guys on mounts run around, and if there are 4 or 5 of together they leave us alone for the most part, but the solo guys is done for!!
4. Losing everything is a stress point, One of my buddies was mining and lost all his stuff to a PK’er on a good note he only lost maybe 10 minutes worth but it was a waste. The game really turns you into wanting to kill other for personal gain. My group is older so we use some respect, I would like to see a higher penalty for ganking “same race ganking”. I understand it is part of the game but maybe a same race penalty would be higher. Granted there are clan wars all the time. It take some getting used to.
5. More city info, like were stuff is. I am sure if I looked hard enough I might fine a map of the world with tons of info, if any one knows of one please let me know.
For the most part I like the game so far, really looking for to a North American server, kind of hoping I can transfer my toon but if not no biggy and I bring experience and some working knowledge, I think the solo guy can do it, but don’t go out with any good. Granted I have only been Ganked once, by some Gay Human hehehe. It might be enough to turn people off the first time it happens. Word to the wise after doing a few quest you get another bag put it in the bank and keep lots of gear in it. Getting ganked is not the end of the world, I have 3 sets I got of mobs in the first day, and when I mean sets, Chest piece, Neck piece, Legs and arms. Weapons are a dime a dozen. I think now I will keep about 5 sets going forth just in case but I am a paranoid freak hehehe. I like the fact that there is more of a penalty. It keeps you alert. I need to get more Macros, for switch gear as well, it is very cumbersome and another pain point. The user interface is difficult at first! And most important when you have a 100 gold buy more starter weapons. A 100g sounds like a lot but it is only 30 minutes of the lowest end mobs. As a Orc I get a sword that no one take when you die, I have since then bought a staff and Pole Arm.
I haven’t encountered any graphic problem other than a line when I enter the cities, but I haven’t really messed with my video card settings much other than to put it at high graphic. Haven’t been disconnected or waited to get into que. I heard lots of people were having issues but there has been a lot of patching, it is good to see the DEV’s are putting in time to patch. I will write more say 3 to 6 months in the game.
Is it better than wow, I would say no overall and only because the game has been out for 5 years, give DF a year or so and it will be great, but dang it, I am so tired of Cartoons!!! DF looks incredibly great in my opinion… the world is awesome far better than wow. I still have my wow account, have figure out how, if I want to give my guild to one of the guildies. One thing is for sure, I will never ever ever be a GM again. Way to hard and we got a baby on the way.
My Color is Black
I value power, ambition, and darkness. I love power at any cost and am a corrupting influence on those around me. At my best I am resourceful and unashamed. at my worst, I am parasitic and amoral. My symbol is a skull, my color is black.
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

The one thing that is clear, you cannot go by the website, for what ever reason they are not updating that site, not sure why maybe money or no webdesigner. never seen a reason.

The only feature I am looking for that makes sense is a auction house. rather than a channel. that is the biggest one for me personally

I would have to look at the website and compair line by line to find out what is not there. I know a few, like the dog guys can run like a mount yet but Tosas said it was coming soon.

So far as a lowbie I haven't seen any feature that are bugging me other than a AH. everything else is there that I can see, there is to much to do at this point to worry about other stuff. the Clan I joined is joining another group to build a city. we have a man power and mods to do this now.

last night I wanted to harvest like wood, Iron, herbs and so one there are 5 i believe. OK get this, I live in Canada so the Play offs are on, so my time is taken up while I watch and scream at the TV the harvesting is so dang eazy I love it, it runs off of stamina, I start doing Iron, I click once and my guy just picks away at the rock or chops wood until the Stamina is gone, that takes about 7 minutes straight or about 29 units of Iron ore. same for wood, if you rest it take about 2 minutes to get to full stam again then you do it again and again. So if anyone says that it is hard to get money or items slap them hard hehehe, this has to be the easest game to get items. One Click harvest FTW!!! hehehe just my opinion only.
Last edited by ID10T on Wed May 06, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Color is Black
I value power, ambition, and darkness. I love power at any cost and am a corrupting influence on those around me. At my best I am resourceful and unashamed. at my worst, I am parasitic and amoral. My symbol is a skull, my color is black.
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

if my post seem some what weird I am posting this in more than one spot
My Color is Black
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Yea, being a GM is a big strain, especially when theres drama.

Sounds like a fun, I know that, despite its horrible mechanics, shadowbane was some of the most fun I had PVPing.

I will get it later this year probably, when it gets cold out, and maybe we can get everyone who plays onto the same server at least for this one
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

Check to see if it is open for you, I just noticed that the store looks open

We apologize for the server downtime, there were two unrelated rare issues that decided to pop up in rapid succession. We're bringing the servers up in a few minutes.

There's no patch this week, we've been working on an important patch for next week.

The account management system went through an major overhaul and will be up later today. We might even open up the shop today if everything is ready, either way we'll open up Monday through Thursday next week. We'll announce the times sometime this weekend.

Due to the overhaul of the account management system, billing and account management support has been slow the past few days. We appreciate your patience with that, we should catch up with all issues since we'll work through the weekend.

Tasos
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Tasos
Find More Posts by Tasos
My Color is Black
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

i and downloading, I am donwloading a torrent though, and it does not appear to be going very fast at all? id10t, any idEAS? was yours a torrent too?
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

Yes, it was a torrent as well, I was getting about 3.2MB I forget what but i was fast. just sounds like you got a crappy ass connection hehehe save up and move away from Shaw light hehehe, I know you have a fast connection just being a dick
My Color is Black
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

SHOP IS OPEN

https://accounts.eu.darkfallonline.com
now sure how long it will be open for
My Color is Black
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

Ok, this was fun, I went with this guild I am with, and we ran around killing people, I got a ton of stuff, and my frist mount. a War pig type thingy hehehe, we raided about 6 towns it was alot of fun. killing little dwarfs was the hightlight of the night. we Gank some guy that must have been farm lumber all night LOLOL, he is going to be pissed. I kind of felt sorry for them, but the guildies said they would do it to you in a second if they could,,, just think of it a pay back cause it will happen to you we promise...

we trapped a guy he was following us, and I said all the people in the front hid behind the rock, and the guy in the back keep running, when MR snoopy came in range we ganked him. GOOD TIMES hehe. I should have a few Items to help out any beginners but for the most part anything I give you, you will just loose any how. I am a Orc, keep that in mind, the dog people are also grouped with the ocs as well.
My Color is Black
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

There going to release NA-1 server soon, I am guessing 4 to 6 weeks or less, give or take, maybe, will see, hehehe

I will be starting a new toon and leaving the EU server. I am going to see if I can get some WOW guildies to come but will see.

Mortal Online will be out soon, I watch the trailer and got vertigo lolol almost got sick to my stomach. Graphic as good maybe a tiny bit better than DF but all you see is your hands and nothing more. that sucks.

Still having fun in DF, learnt a ton of stuff so I now know what to do for the NA release

Dragon and Zero seem to have left, they might have got discourged because of the PK'rs. If you have ever played OU then you might understand how the game is played.
My Color is Black
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

We have left, but not cuz anythign was bad. I just feel the need to do this more with a medium sized group of us. If there is a few more people willing to try it it might be interesting. Darkfall is definalty what ever you make it out to be as a group. SO it all depends on the group
TR 3960X - 128 Gb ram, 6900XT, Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB SSD ,Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB SSD
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Oct - Nov , I will def check it out unless they genetically altered pigs to have giant condor wings and in other news I have a girlfriend.

Both are possible, theoretically speaking.
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
ID10T

Post by ID10T »

UPDATE

the North AM server will be release LOL July 7th
I am considering making a guild because the group I was with had problems.

Is anyone interested in joining a guild If we created one? Lock & Shackles is the name I run under just not if it is worth starting one.

I would give Zero General out of the gate and all others Captain/general rank for management out of the gate. the sad part is if you paid for EU-1 you will have to pay again for NA-1. I know that will piss some people off but they have a large company now that is looking after NA.

I would need 5 members at least to start on that day, I own (pay for ) a Vent server that we can use

Check out the Lockandshackles.com website if your interested, Email me at William.bondy@c-a-m.com

This might be to short of notice to move forward but will see. Not going to lie it will be alot of work to get started but it will be fun.
My Color is Black
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

does paying again mean I have to buy the whole game again?
ID10T

Dark fall

Post by ID10T »

Yes, it would seem that way.
My Color is Black