GL BI-WEEKLY Wing Night

Title says it all ...
Spyhop

Re: GL BI-WEEKLY Wing Night

Post by Spyhop »

You guys wanna just go to tried-and-true Bo's tomorrow? We can decide on a new place next wings night.
Up to everyone. I'll go wherever, though I'm not keen on Overtime.
Latency

Post by Latency »

I vote for Bo's if I do make it out. Right now it's pending but most likely.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

I have heard Hudsons is good to but yeah ... I think a trip out to Bo's would be an excellent idea. We can hit Overtime in a couple weeks or a month. I was not happy with last times service but then the first time was awesome. We should avoid going there on nights that are having the hockey game as well. It wont be so loud. (Yes ... Edmonton still has a few fans out there that watch its games)
Dolphins. The GAY sharks of the sea!!!

DIP ME IN CHOCOLATE and THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!!!

There is nothin finer then a Dickens Cider
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

Grapeman wrote:I have heard Hudsons is good to but yeah ... I think a trip out to Bo's would be an excellent idea. We can hit Overtime in a couple weeks or a month. I was not happy with last times service but then the first time was awesome. We should avoid going there on nights that are having the hockey game as well. It wont be so loud. (Yes ... Edmonton still has a few fans out there that watch its games)
The Oilers have a quality much like a train wreck, you just can't look away no matter how terrible the scene might be. Anyway, the games I've seen have been mildly entertaining as they fish for a draft pick - I think the real crime is that season ticket holders aren't likely to get any deal for sitting through this trash.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

See that is part of the problem with alot of Canadien teams. The fans won't stand for seasons like this so teams and coaching staff try so hard with what they have available to them so they make it to ... well 10th spot or in some cases get blown out the first frickn round of the playoffs.

Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Boston. Remember those names folks cause they ALL had shitty seasons year after year after year until they built a proper team(s). The Deadwings of the 80's and early 90's developed into the team that was a dominant force for the last 10 years. Chicago and Boston were two groups that got some nice draft picks and trades for young super stars that are doing wonderful things for them. (mind you they should have kept Kessel). San Jose ... well they will be a force to be reckoned with for a few years yet and they have a good chance at an honest to goodness Cup run this season and even next season. It takes development in the minors (ie - Oil Kings/Hitmen) and it takes a few seasons using some cheap ass players. Unfortunately with the Oil the contracts they are stuck with suck ass. The Bulin wall did the same crap in Chicago and sucked for the first 2 years of his contract there before being something of a good goalie again. Expect the same thing to happen here with him not really being a factor until the 2011/2012 season.

With all the players coming up for renewal contracts by that time it would be a good place to start cleaning house and getting some better blood in the line up. Pisani will be gone (retired due to health) at the end of this season so that will free up some $$. You are STUCK with Horcoff until the end of 2015 unless some (doubtful) other team takes over his contract. The reality is the Oilers need to sign people like Cogliano, Nillson, Penner, Gagne, and even Ryan Stone. The good news is they will be RFA's ... the bad news is they likely wont want to stay but once they get some better experience they could develop nicely into a new core. I mean look at what Colorado did with their kids?? They have a couple of superstars there to ... well mostly grizzled veterans but they can solidify a club and honestly they have NO DAMN BUSINESS playing so well but they are managing it. Solid goal tending and some excellent producers up front mean some exciting hockey in the Rockies.

Anyway ... WOOT!!! WING NIGHT!!!

kirika

Post by kirika »

Yay! Bo's!!
AMD Phenom II 955
Sapphire Radeon HD4890
Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-UD5P
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

The holidays plays weird tricks. It feels like we haven't had a wings night since forever. :)
fittysix

Post by fittysix »

kk, Bo's around 7
 /l、 SpammerAssassin is built on JBASH (Jason Bourne Again Shell)
(゚、 。7
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_, )ノ
Axiom

Post by Axiom »

See you guys there.

Edit: Just to clarify. Is this Bo'diddly's Pub & Grill (Millwoods Towne Centre)?
Live Fast. Die Young. Leave a beautiful corpse.
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

Correct
fittysix

Post by fittysix »

So I remember the number wrong, coke is 50mg of sodium

Upon looking in to it however, I was comparing US/Canada numbers:
Coke in the US: 50mg of sodium, and 39g of sugar
Coke in Canada: 40mg of sodium, and 42g of sugar

Pepsi in the US: 30mg of sodium, 41g of sugar
Pepsi in Canada: 15mg of sodium, 41g of sugar

interesting difference there, in Canada you're best drinking Pepsi I guess, in the US you have the choice between more sodium or more sugar..

also the youtube where adams talks about the baiji dolphin (he starts on them around 40-45)
[youtube]_ZG8HBuDjgc[/youtube]
(゚、 。7
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_, )ノ
Grapeman

Post by Grapeman »

speaking of Douglas Adams apparently somebody wrote part VI to his trilogy....not kidding. Its in bookstores now.

not adams himself obviously but ....

Latency

Post by Latency »

had fun last night guys. we ended up going back to Bo's after we left ... if that made sense :)

pete, it was great seein ya. and you got some great luck with women, hold on to that one.
Intel Celeron 300A @ 500Mhz / Epox Mainboard / 64MB PC100 SDRAM / 3DFX Voodoo 2 / 19" Viewsonic @ 200Hz / 150GB WD Velociraptor / Lian-Li Case / Windows 98
fittysix

Post by fittysix »

So, as discussed.. let's not procrastinate the wing night this time.

Returning suggestion of Red Robin - even with no wing Wednesday deal, they make awesome enough food that they probably have good enough wings.
(゚、 。7
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_, )ノ
Lucid

Post by Lucid »

Latency wrote:and you got some great luck with women, hold on to that one.
with Pete, it's not really about great luck, just putting unsustainable amounts of effort into it and hoping they fall for it :P