JanLAN 2022

Title says it all ...
AlphaDrake

JanLAN 2022

Post by AlphaDrake »

"Hell, it's about time." - Tychus Findlay [Starcraft 2]
We're back bitches! It's been exactly 2 years since JanLAN 2020, the last LAN party before Covid put a hold everything. We'll have some new covid-related rules, but the main thing is WE ARE BACK!
What: JanLAN 2021! A friendly LAN party in Edmonton open to any and all gamers!
When: January 14-15-16, 2022. All weekend long!
Where: Fulton Place Community League (6115 Fulton Road, Edmonton, AB)
Who: Everyone! Bring your friends too! Our events usually have between 30-80 people show up, from all around Alberta to game for part of if not the entire weekend.
Cost: $20 for the whole weekend!
Games: Anything and everything!
Newer games: Satisfactory, Battlefield 2042, Overwatch, Civilization 6, Chivalry 2, PUBG, Fortnite, World of Warships.
Classics: Starcraft 2, Payday 2, Chivalry, LoL, Sins of a Solar Empire, TF2, Left 4 Dead 2, Rocket League, Supreme Commander, Flatout 2, Trackmania, Counter Strike, and more!
If you have anything else you want to play, let us know 🙂
Covid Rules:
All attendees MUST be double vaccinated AND have proof via scannable QR code with photo ID.
All attendees must be prepared to wear masks for the duration of the event if the hall and/or bylaws require it.
Rules subject to change as I'm sure everyone is aware of by now.
Can't wait to see everyone again and play some games! Shoot me a message if you have any questions.
FAQ:
Can I sleep at the event? Yes you can!
Can I leave my stuff there while I go home or go get food? Yes you can!
Is there a fridge there to keep food/drinks cold? Yes there is!
Is there a microwave to warm stuff up? Yes again!
Is there prizes? Sometimes! But they are random draw, we don't do any tournaments. This is all for-fun 🙂
What if I don't know anybody? That's OK! Everyone who comes to our LAN's was new at some point, and there are new people every event! You'll find a welcoming atmosphere (or a quiet one if you just want to sit and play games in peace)
Decker

Re: JanLAN 2022

Post by Decker »

I hate this new age. Freaking masks everywhere even when fully vaccinated. I already have significant social phobias that cause me breathing issues. I suppose it's an excuse to never have to go out in public unless absolutely necessary. Maybe this is a pass for my hermit-like predilections and use the pretext of preferring not to wear a mask to avoid social situations. Still sucks to near vomit when faced with the checkout at stores.

Ah well. See you freaks and geeks when the world becomes sane again.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

Decker wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:22 am I hate this new age. Freaking masks everywhere even when fully vaccinated. I already have significant social phobias that cause me breathing issues. I suppose it's an excuse to never have to go out in public unless absolutely necessary. Maybe this is a pass for my hermit-like predilections and use the pretext of preferring not to wear a mask to avoid social situations. Still sucks to near vomit when faced with the checkout at stores.

Ah well. See you freaks and geeks when the world becomes sane again.
Well you're in luck! We've had to cancel it anyways... hopefully we can do it in March.
Decker

Post by Decker »

Dang. Sorry to hear, Alphadrake. Freaking covid sucks.
I'm a man. I do manly things. Like drink vodka straight, while doing 1 armed chin-ups, and punching baby bunnies. All at the same time.
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

Decker wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:29 pm Dang. Sorry to hear, Alphadrake. Freaking covid sucks.
Sure does, sorry to hear about your struggles too man :/

Wish this shit would end.