JanLAN 2024

Title says it all ...
AlphaDrake

JanLAN 2024

Post by AlphaDrake »

TL;DR:

When: January 19-20-21, 2024
Where: Fulton Place Community League (6115 Fulton Road, Edmonton, AB)
Entrance fee: $20

Full post:

“Don’t make a girl a promise if you know you can’t keep it.” – Cortana [Halo 3]
The year is 2003, Saddam Hussain has been captured, and the US is considering invading Iraq. “Seven Nation Army”, “Stacy’s Mom” and “Bring me to life” are topping the charts. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is in theatres, the latest social media site Myspace has just been launched, the SARS CoV-1 virus has FINALLY been contained.

In the gaming realm, Knights of the Old Republic and Tony Hawk: Underground are the latest in gaming culture. The Nvidia FX 5700 aka “the leafblower” was released, with a whopping 128mb of RAM, people’s lawns have never been cleaner.

At whatever community hall would accept a ragtag group of hardcore overnight gamers, Nigel “Probatus” Wheat, Terry “Terdog” Matthews, Marcus “BoXstA” Verhoeven, and David “Redmonov” Redmond were hosting the first MegaFPS LAN parties, entrance fee was $20 and the game of choice was Battlefield 1942.

Yes that’s right, it's been a bit of a longer break than expected, but MegaFPS is now 20 (or 21) years old, old enough to drink in Vegas! So we’re celebrating by FINALLY getting back to LANNING.

What: JanLAN 2024! A friendly LAN party in Edmonton open to any and all gamers!
Entrance fee: $20, same as it was 21 years ago! To be honest, inflation is catching up with us, so we’ll probably have to increase entry fees after this event but we’re holding it at $20 for our 21-year anniversary.
When: January 19-20-21, 2024. All weekend long!
Where: Fulton Place Community League (6115 Fulton Road, Edmonton, AB)
Who: Everyone! Bring your friends too! Our events usually have between 30-60 people show up, from all around Alberta to game for part of if not the entire weekend.
Games: Anything and everything!
Newer games: Baldur's Gate 3, Valheim, Jackbox Party Pack 10, Satisfactory, Factorio, Diablo IV, Civilization 6, Chivalry 2, PUBG, Fortnite, World of Warships.
Classics: Starcraft 2, Payday 2, Chivalry, LoL, Sins of a Solar Empire, TF2, Left 4 Dead 2, Rocket League, Supreme Commander, Flatout 2, Trackmania, Counter Strike, and more!
If you have anything else you want to play, let us know 🙂

FAQ:
Can I sleep at the event? Yes you can!
Can I leave my stuff there while I go home or go get food? Yes you can!
Is there a fridge there to keep food/drinks cold? Yes there is!
Is there a microwave to warm stuff up? Yes again!
Are there prizes? Sometimes! But they are random draws, we don't do any tournaments. This is all for-fun 🙂
What if I don't know anybody? That's OK! Everyone who comes to our LAN's was new at some point, and there are new people every event! You'll find a welcoming atmosphere (or a quiet one if you just want to sit and play games in peace
Mobius

Re: JanLAN 2024

Post by Mobius »

21 year celebration lol
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

lol
AlphaDrake

Post by AlphaDrake »

Bit of a late post but it was an awesome event. We had 50+ people bring their rigs, was great seeing a bunch of you even if some were only stopping in to chat for a bit. Clearly lanning is alive and well. Next event is MegaLAN on May 24-25-26, will post a new event shortly.

Pictures! No Facebook account needed: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 354&type=3