FS: Mark's Computer of Time Travelness

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

zeroumus

Re: FS: Mark's Computer of Time Travelness

Post by zeroumus »

lets see what i can build this for new using the closest reaosnable parts i can find because some are obsoloete

[quote="Mark"]

Asking $1600 for everything.

-DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard ATX S939 NFORCE4 SLI DDR 2PCI-E16 SATA RAID Sound GBLAN 1394
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php? ... =6542&SID= - stand to be corrected if this is exaclty our board
$179.00

-AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor S939 2.2GHZ
$99.00

-2x512mb OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 2-3-3-8 Dual Channel Gold VX,
could not find thius ram on memex, its not relevent anyway to quote any DDR1 since it always carriers a premium that no one doing a private sale would get away with, so in this case you would quote DDR2 prices
~$115 if your where to buy that for a modern system.

-eVGA Geforce 6800 Ultra 256mb
can even find your video card anymore, so that pretty much means it worthy diddly shit, but I will give your $200 for it
$200

-Enermax NoiseTaker 600W PSU SLi-Certified
$150.00

-Western Digital Raptor 74GB SATA 10000RPM Hard Drive 8MB NCQ
$200.00

-Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB 9MS NCQ Quiet RoHS Hard Drive
$85.00

-Coolermaster TAC-T01 Wave Master Silver Aluminum 18IN Case ATX 4X5.25 1X3.5 4X3.5INT No P/S
just guessing, maybe $170.00 Thats probbably too high

-Zalman CNPS7700-CU LGA775 S478 S754 S939 S940 Copper 1000-2000RPM 20-32DBA CPU Heatsink Fan
$50.00

-Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
not sure on this or what exact verison ya got
$100.00

-BENQ CDRW 52x
$30.00

-LG GSA-4160B DVD+RW 16X4X16 DVD-RW 8X4X16 CDRW 40X24X40
$40.00

-Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Ultrasharp widescreen LCD Monitor
I will pretend its a good samsung
$300.00

-Logitech Z5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers 500W RMS SILVER-BLACK Analog Coax Optical
$349.00

Extensive modding (custom blue metallic paint highlights, flux capacitor style LED sequencer w/ hdd activity; meteor cathode; Coolermaster window side panel; key-activated power switch; aftermarket fans & grills)
$0.00 not worth a shit

Original packaging available for everything!
$5.00

I got appx $2072 worth of stuff

So the question is, is $500 in savings for a somewhat absolete used system worth it.

if you have $1600 and you wanna buy a system you got 2 choices
- you could buy marks and get a pretty good collection of stuff, but your going to have to buy a new cpu/ram/mobo/video card/harddrive pretty soon
- or you can get way better core parts by going NEW, but you might have to skimp on the speakers and monitor a little

i dunno, if i have $1600, i am pretty sure i could assemble a much better deal[/url]
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php? ... =9995&SID=

do some research before you price out your parts, unless ur joking... in that case sorry.
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
techie2

I'm saying is that.....

Post by techie2 »

for that money your spending on that system you can get way faster.. maybe not a flux capacitor on your case but you can do that shit on your own...... espeically if you don't want one on your case....
Mark2

Post by Mark2 »

Mark wrote: i didnt think anyone would be interested in it on this forum, just made a prototype thread here first before taking it to nexopia ;)
I did research myself; I priced everything as best I could with parts that weren't for sale anymore; I compared product for product, no substitutions for anything that was still on the market.

So yes you can get a samsung 20" lcd for 300 bucks brand new. but I'm not selling a samsung, am I? No, I'm selling a dell that costs $400 brand new. so suck a dick mobius. yes u can get the model i'm selling used on ebay for 200 bucks. but i'm not some anonymous joe smoe from atlanta. you can come knock on my door and even kick me in the balls if you're unhappy with the product, and I'd be perfectly willing to work out a compromise.

i brushed off the first few ripoff accusations because I expected that to happen. I also clearly stated that I knew no one here would be interested in this, because this is a lanning forum, and all the market demand in this particular place is for new high-end equipment.

"speakers is pretty much worthless, as ya never know what someone did to it"
-I throw my speakers against the walls to get more bass.

"2x512mb OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 2-3-3-8 Dual Channel Gold VX"
I paid over 300 bucks for these things. Highly overclockable ram. stable at 2-2-2-5. just an fyi. but i never overclocked em cuz i don't overclock period. another example of the state the equipment is in.

u take me for some chump who treats his comp like a rusty old car, doing whatever i please to it whilst decreasing its value. i have never overclocked this thing, never thrown it against a wall. i treat it like it's worth 10 times what i paid for it. it's had countless hours of work put into it's physical features (i'm well aware that doesn't increase its fps). so i don't appreciate the "aint worth shit" comments in regards to its modding done. don't like mods? then u have no place putting a value on it. i sure didn't put a value on it. it's aesthetic appeal. i've won prizes for it in the past. and people are always commenting on it.

this computer will go to someone who appreciates looks as well as how fully functional this computer really is. it has no problems running games. it has no problems being a great computer for an office. you act like this thing runs on coal.

i'll take your criticism with a grain of salt, but I'll be sure to shred your guys' FS threads to pieces in the future. I'd expect this from a public forum, but from here? Gee I thought we were all kind folk here at GL.

as for those who support my intentions - true gentlemen
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

Mark2 wrote:
Mark wrote:
I paid over 300 bucks for these things. Highly overclockable ram. stable at 2-2-2-5. just an fyi. but i never overclocked em cuz i don't overclock period. another example of the state the equipment is in.

its just not worth $300, plain and simple, i would have sold this for $50, cus thats a fair price
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

This is SO worth making a big deal about! :roll:
Mark

Post by Mark »

zeroumus wrote:
Mark2 wrote:
Mark wrote:

its just not worth $300, plain and simple, i would have sold this for $50, cus thats a fair price
I guess next time i'll have to put it in big block letters. I was gonna say, "i know it's not worth that much," but i figured it was easily enough understood I wasn't trying to say it was worth 300 bucks.

u seemed to not know what kind of ram it was, so i described it a little more. when i bought it, nothing else on the market was faster except it's big brother pc4400 which was double the price. and here ya go... "I"M NOT SAYING THAT JUST BECAUSE IT WAS TOP OF THE LINE WHEN I GOT IT, YOU SHOULD PAY 5% OFF RETAIL FOR IT"

here's it's last known price:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14140

but ur prolly right, 50 bucks? yeah and the rest of the system can't be worth more than 150.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

about $50, thats about it
techie2

486 dx 100

Post by techie2 »

aye I have a 486 dx 100 32 MEGS RAM I'm asking a cabillion cajillion dollars for it cause when it first came out that was how much it was worth! o sorry no monitor included cause of the dangerous amounts of lead in them!
Mobius

Re: 486 dx 100

Post by Mobius »

techie2 wrote:aye I have a 486 dx 100 32 MEGS RAM I'm asking a cabillion cajillion dollars for it cause when it first came out that was how much it was worth! o sorry no monitor included cause of the dangerous amounts of lead in them!
Techie just served you Mark
Xeon 5675 + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B | ASUS P6X58D-E | 25GB Patriot DDR3 | Geforece GTX1060 3GB + | Crucial MX500 1TB | InWin 805
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

SERVED!
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Mark2 wrote:
Mark wrote: i didnt think anyone would be interested in it on this forum, just made a prototype thread here first before taking it to nexopia ;)
I did research myself; I priced everything as best I could with parts that weren't for sale anymore; I compared product for product, no substitutions for anything that was still on the market.

So yes you can get a samsung 20" lcd for 300 bucks brand new. but I'm not selling a samsung, am I? No, I'm selling a dell that costs $400 brand new. so suck a dick mobius. yes u can get the model i'm selling used on ebay for 200 bucks. but i'm not some anonymous joe smoe from atlanta. you can come knock on my door and even kick me in the balls if you're unhappy with the product, and I'd be perfectly willing to work out a compromise.

i brushed off the first few ripoff accusations because I expected that to happen. I also clearly stated that I knew no one here would be interested in this, because this is a lanning forum, and all the market demand in this particular place is for new high-end equipment.

"speakers is pretty much worthless, as ya never know what someone did to it"
-I throw my speakers against the walls to get more bass.

u take me for some chump who treats his comp like a rusty old car, doing whatever i please to it whilst decreasing its value. i have never overclocked this thing, never thrown it against a wall. i treat it like it's worth 10 times what i paid for it. it's had countless hours of work put into it's physical features (i'm well aware that doesn't increase its fps). so i don't appreciate the "aint worth shit" comments in regards to its modding done. don't like mods? then u have no place putting a value on it. i sure didn't put a value on it. it's aesthetic appeal. i've won prizes for it in the past. and people are always commenting on it.

this computer will go to someone who appreciates looks as well as how fully functional this computer really is. it has no problems running games. it has no problems being a great computer for an office. you act like this thing runs on coal.

i'll take your criticism with a grain of salt, but I'll be sure to shred your guys' FS threads to pieces in the future. I'd expect this from a public forum, but from here? Gee I thought we were all kind folk here at GL.

as for those who support my intentions - true gentlemen
Well if you get 1600 for that junk machine i am going to sell mine for 2K
Mark

Post by Mark »

Mobius wrote:
Well if you get 1600 for that junk machine i am going to sell mine for 2K
ooo gettin fiesty are we.

stop beating around the bush and admit you forgot the lube at home.
Qube

Post by Qube »

it aint worth 1600 bucks but its definately not a piece of shit by any means.. ideally for the entire package a good deal would be about 1200 bucks for it, and im sure you'll find someone who appreciates the mods...

Unfortunately you taking care of a computer doesnt mean shit to anyone because most people buying used crap will just assume the worst and offer you rock bottom dollar.. Regardless if you, me, or anyone else knows how well you treated it.. But I definately wouldn't take less than $1200 for the package unless it was to a poor friend that could really use it and appreciate it..
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

E6750 = $225
P35 Board = $150
2GB DDR2-800MHz = $150
HD2900XT 512MB / 8800GTS 640MB = $500
320GB HDD = $80
20X DVD/RW = $40
CASE+PSU = $100

Total cost of a whopping $1250... Plus a good monitor, plus speakers, you know the drill...

Like I said, you'd probably have MUCH better luck parting out.
I was GL!
I am 780!