FS: Mark's Computer of Time Travelness

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

Mark

FS: Mark's Computer of Time Travelness

Post by Mark »

Moving to England
Won a $5000 computer :)
Don't need old one anymore. I'm gonna miss this beaut :(

I priced this out as best I could, some of the parts are discontinued so those had to be estimated. Everything but a couple parts that I couldn't find a real price for were marked down 30% from retail.

Asking $1600 for everything.

-DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard ATX S939 NFORCE4 SLI DDR 2PCI-E16 SATA RAID Sound GBLAN 1394

-AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor S939 2.2GHZ

-2x512mb OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 2-3-3-8 Dual Channel Gold VX

-eVGA Geforce 6800 Ultra 256mb

-Enermax NoiseTaker 600W PSU SLi-Certified

-Western Digital Raptor 74GB SATA 10000RPM Hard Drive 8MB NCQ

-Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB 9MS NCQ Quiet RoHS Hard Drive

-Coolermaster TAC-T01 Wave Master Silver Aluminum 18IN Case ATX 4X5.25 1X3.5 4X3.5INT No P/S

-Zalman CNPS7700-CU LGA775 S478 S754 S939 S940 Copper 1000-2000RPM 20-32DBA CPU Heatsink Fan

-Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

-BENQ CDRW 52x

-LG GSA-4160B DVD+RW 16X4X16 DVD-RW 8X4X16 CDRW 40X24X40

-Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Ultrasharp widescreen LCD Monitor

-Logitech Z5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers 500W RMS SILVER-BLACK Analog Coax Optical

Extensive modding (custom blue metallic paint highlights, flux capacitor style LED sequencer w/ hdd activity; meteor cathode; Coolermaster window side panel; key-activated power switch; aftermarket fans & grills)

Original packaging available for everything!

rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

And people call me a Ferengi...
I was GL!
I am 780!
Spyhop

Post by Spyhop »

I only need the flux capacitor for my time machine. Will you sell it separately?

I've only done this once before.
Mark

Post by Mark »

rob[GL] wrote:And people call me a Ferengi...
a good chunk of that asking price comes from the sound system and monitor. the z5500's are still top of the line speakers to this day and have not experienced much of a price drop. my calculations included each of these at $250. $1100 for a kickass system that still runs new games amazingly. It'll run fear at max settings, only slows down during big explosions.

i didnt think anyone would be interested in it on this forum, just made a prototype thread here first before taking it to nexopia ;)
techie2

Post by techie2 »

my god my new computer didn't come even close to that and it's BY FAR FASTER and that's including my monitor and sound system OMG and it's single core 6800.... my god i was using a 6600 gt 2 weeks ago.. and i upgraded... to a 8600 superclocked gt which would kill your card that computer is obseletO!!! maybe sell seperate from the speakers and monitor.... o ya widescreen lcd's are dirt cheap now.. even good one's

JEWISH FERENGI!
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Peccavi

Post by Peccavi »

Board + Chip for 125
SneakyBastard

Post by SneakyBastard »

how much for the 6800??
rob[GL]

Post by rob[GL] »

Dude, Mark, I wasn't trying to be an asshole or anything... It's nice to see a Monitor and Speakers included. Maybe you should price everything individually?
I was GL!
I am 780!
fiber-optics

Post by fiber-optics »

sell me the athlon
punqewe wrote:could be worse...I mean you have to almost be psychic to figure out what Fiber's posts are. lol
r337ard

Post by r337ard »

techie2 wrote:my god my new computer didn't come even close to that and it's BY FAR FASTER and that's including my monitor and sound system OMG and it's single core 6800.... my god i was using a 6600 gt 2 weeks ago.. and i upgraded... to a 8600 superclocked gt which would kill your card that computer is obseletO!!! maybe sell seperate from the speakers and monitor.... o ya widescreen lcd's are dirt cheap now.. even good one's

JEWISH FERENGI!
I'm willing to bet your system didn't come with anything remotely close to these parts:
-Western Digital Raptor 74GB SATA
-Coolermaster TAC-T01 Wave Master
-Zalman CNPS7700-CU HSF
-Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Ultrasharp widescreen
-Logitech Z5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

For one thing, a faster CPU != better system. Secondly, although pretty well any new computer would be faster on the processing end, that Raptor and high end memory make a big difference when you're actually gaming. He has a beautiful custom modded case, an extremely good monitor and sound system to compliment it.

------------------

Mark, I hope you can sell at that price. Outside the monitor/speakers the system is worth maybe 1000 bucks, you could probably get 1200 if you found the right sucker. The CPU/MB/RAM/VID is very dated, the rest of the system is pimping. Nobody appreciates the non-core parts these days.
A limited supply of surprisingly, as this homeboy is poised for the big time. Sweet and pure like a honey coated nun, SOULS well sure he funky in the 70s.
latency

Post by latency »

Not a ferengi. This is more than a fair price. The system is a little old but decked out with nice gear. You should be able to get 1600 for it, just not here. If you part it out though, I'll be happy to buy that vid card from ya :).
Mark

Post by Mark »

rob[GL] wrote:Dude, Mark, I wasn't trying to be an asshole or anything... It's nice to see a Monitor and Speakers included. Maybe you should price everything individually?
nah i didn't take ur comment as assholeish. well ok maybe it was a little ashholeish, but i didn't write my reply to return the favour

saaaaall good

Thanks for the support and compliments on the system Reet. I did put a lot of work into the modding and wire management. I hope I can get a good price too :) This thing's like a classic car to me. Still runs great, put a lot of work into it, it'd be an insult to part it out for next to nothing.

All those parts you listed (raptor, case, fan, monitor, speakers), brand new would cost over $1200 alone. Hell they don't even sell the case anymore. Don't know why, it's one of the most aesthetically pleasing cases I've ever seen. I think I might actually keep it and put the xps 720 into it if it's at all possible.

But yeah, I don't really wanna price out anything individually. I wish my new comp would arrive already so I could find out if I could reuse my coolermaster case. Unless that happens, it stays in one piece. However, I would be willing to part out the monitor and speakers by themselves.

$250 for the monitor
$250 for the speaker system (it'll shake your house)
$1000 for the system (i know no one here's interested in the whole thing, but just for the record).

Tell your friends!

Futuremark 05 score to come.
zeroumus

Post by zeroumus »

i dont think its worth $1600 myself

$1000 would be fair, the core components are pretty weak

A used HD, speakers is pretty much worthless, as ya never know what someone did to it

Point is, I doupt ya can sell that here, but ya might get 1200 in a public sale, 1600... wellllll, do people still buy 8086's for $2000 in the bargin finder these days?
latency

Post by latency »

you do know he's including a 20" LCD right? $1600 is very fair. Like I said, go on buysell.com. You'll get that price for sure.