MegaLAN 2024

Title says it all ...
AlphaDrake

MegaLAN 2024

Post by AlphaDrake »

“You have died of dysentery.” – Oregon Trail
What: MegaLAN 2024! A friendly LAN party in Edmonton open to any and all gamers!
Entrance fee: $30
When: May 24-25-26, 2024. All weekend long!
Where: Fulton Place Community League (6115 Fulton Road, Edmonton, AB)
Who: Everyone! Bring your friends too! Our events usually have between 30-60 people show up, from all around Alberta to game for the weekend.
Games: Anything and everything!
Newer games: Palworld, Baldur's Gate 3, Valheim, Jackbox Party Pack 10, Satisfactory, Factorio, Diablo IV, Civilization 6, Chivalry 2, PUBG, Fortnite, World of Warships. Classics: Starcraft 2, Payday 2, Chivalry, LoL, Sins of a Solar Empire, TF2, Left 4 Dead 2, Rocket League, Supreme Commander, Flatout 2, Trackmania, Counter Strike, and more! If you have anything else you want to play, let us know and we can attempt to spin up a server for it 😃
FAQ:
Can I sleep at the event? Yes you can!
Will there be food and snacks: Actually yes! We will be providing snacks (veggie and fruit) trays, coffee, water, and soda for the event through the weekend! We’ll also have a free pancake breakfast Saturday morning and a potluck Saturday evening. Potluck attendees are asked to contribute a dish to the potluck if they wish to participate.
Is there a fridge there to keep food/drinks cold? Yes there is!
Can I leave my stuff there while I go home or go get food? Yes you can!
Will there be any structured large-group games? We are planning Golf with your Friends, Chivalry, Jackbox, Mario Kart, and Marvel vs Capcom 2, Flatout 2, and more! If you have some other suggestions please let us know!
Do I have to participate in the group games? Nope, you play whatever you want to play!
Is there a microwave to warm stuff up? Yes again!
Are there prizes? Sometimes! But they are random draws, we don't do any tournaments.
This is all for-fun 😃
Can I bring a prize to give away? Absolutely - Most of our prizes come from attendee's who donate them!
What if I don't know anybody? That's OK! Everyone who comes to our LAN's was new at some point, and there are new people every event! You'll find a welcoming atmosphere (or a quiet one if you just want to sit and play games in peace).